Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Oil & Lubrication
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oil & Lubrication NO MLM Dealers, Wholesale Buyers Or Retailers allowed (except sponsors)
SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Postmaster

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
Motorcraft Oil and Filter chart for ALL Fords

Hi all:

I found this chart on the Internet. It lists oil grade, oil capacity, and filter type for all Ford engines over the last 10 years. Might be especially handy if you need to do an oil change for a friend or family member.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...f/oilchart.pdf

Hope it helps somebody out...I sure like the condensed nature of the chart.

George
Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Postmaster

1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.1986F150six has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Too old to be too smart..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Calling BS in one small part.

My 7.3L is (and is supposed to be) running 15W-40, and the chart doesn't even mention it in Note 3.

So much for one hand of Ford knowing what another hand is doing.............

I suspect they meant to put a Note 4 by the 7.3, as that would make far more sense.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Postmaster

YoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to beholdYoGeorge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Calling BS in one small part.

My 7.3L is (and is supposed to be) running 15W-40, and the chart doesn't even mention it in Note 3.

So much for one hand of Ford knowing what another hand is doing.............

I suspect they meant to put a Note 4 by the 7.3, as that would make far more sense.

Pop
Not sure what you mean...the 7.3 is listed in the engine category where 15W40 is the primary oil in the heading at the top of the category. The footnote shows alternate weights for low temperatures. Does that make sense?

The chart is organized grouping vehicles with the same primary oil weight.

(My '91 BMW 318is spent most of its life on 15W40 Rotella--the primary recommendation--until it became a garage queen; I now put 10W40 in it for easier winter starts. But for cold temps the manual does show lighter weights as being allowed.)

George
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Too old to be too smart..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Thanks for the quick explanation, as I only saw the note recommendation, not the category recommendation.

Makes much more sense that way.

Yup! Eyes are gettin' old!

Now I'm wondering what vehicle Ford put a 7.3L into in 2004. Does this chart include world-wide distributed vehicles?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 PM