Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts
Wow.... That's.... Just wow...

How are you feeling by the way?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gangstakr
I'm glad your doing well. Any pains since the accident?
Yeah, been getting shooting pains through the tops of my ankles. Chiropractr sez it's 'cuz my hips are out of aligment. I've had to take it easier at work, and I can't dance any more (not that I ever could, mind you).

By looking at the pictures, Ford is still on top.
Jeeze, I almost groaned at that... I did roll my eyes

Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
How often do you have to see the chiropractor? My right hip popped out of place once, I had to see the chiropractor three times a week for three weeks before my hip was back in place and stayed in place.
Glad I was able to make you laugh or as you said "groaned"

Old 08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
ripjive9311
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a shame to see this but at least the old Ford went out fighting and as gangstakr said it came out on top, the car that hit you had to have one hell of a view of the accident.
Looks like you could have got hurt much worse than you did as that had to throw you all over the cab.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
WOW...Glad ur doing better.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Agent 86
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus, that guy must have not been paying attention at all to get up under you like that.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:51 PM
1mouse3
Senior User
sorry to here about it an good your ok. my 71 cs committed suicide few years back, tried buffing it out but had other things i had to deal with at the time. the lift I had it on made my truck bounce an around 1500lp in the bed shifted which cased it to roll. there tough ol'trucks i give them that, I liked the truck a lot so had to get another.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 351Cleveland C4
Wow.... That's.... Just wow...

How are you feeling by the way?
Been feeling fairly well, except for some shooting pains through the tops of my ankles. Once I get my hips adjusted (and get them to STAY that way), those should clear up.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
How often do you have to see the chiropractor? My right hip popped out of place once, I had to see the chiropractor three times a week for three weeks before my hip was back in place and stayed in place.
Glad I was able to make you laugh or as you said "groaned"
I've been four times since the accident, and will go again tomorrow.

I have had chiropractic treatments since childhood, but I don't go routinely any more, just go when I feel a need.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ripjive9311
It's a shame to see this but at least the old Ford went out fighting and as gangstakr said it came out on top, the car that hit you had to have one hell of a view of the accident.
Looks like you could have got hurt much worse than you did as that had to throw you all over the cab.
I've been told that the driver that hit me doesn't remmber the accident, nor going to the hospital, nor why he went to the hospital, not how long he spent in the hospital. I find that to be a little suspicious, considering he was out of his car bfore I was able to get out of my truck. It may be, but if he sticks to it, I don't see how he can dodge any of the responsibility for the accident

I think the driver that hit me is lucky to be alive (likely due to his airbag), and lucky that he wasn't blinded by flying bits of windshield. For that matter, since my rear bumper came to rest on his windshield, he's lucky it didn't decapitate him.

Turn the dynamics of the accident around, and the picture looks very grim; if I'd been driving my wife's toyota (which I did for a week or so, when I started this job "just to save on gas money") and had been hit like that by a '70 Camper Special.... I'd be lucky to be in a coma (more likely, I'd be in the morgue).

The whole cab was thrown around. I had my seat belt on (which is near religious for me), and I'm somewhat glad that I wasn't thrown against a shoulder belt. I'm also glad that none of my tools came through the rear window and into the cab. One flying hammer could have taken me out.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:27 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Thipdar
I've been four times since the accident, and will go again tomorrow.

I have had chiropractic treatments since childhood, but I don't go routinely any more, just go when I feel a need.
Arthur lives in my neck, I've had arthritis in my neck for 20 years, I need to go at least twice a month. Sometimes the headaches are unbearable. Once adjusted, immediate relief, headache goes away in about an hour.
My hip gets soar every now and then, so when I go for my neck I get a quick hip adjustment. I had a problem with my right knee for the longest time, I never thought to ask about a knee adjustment. A couple of months ago I asked the chiropractor if there was anything he could do, Badabing my knee feels better. It helps when you go to a good chiropractor.
I'm glad your feeling better. Keep up the treatments.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Agent 86
Jesus, that guy must have not been paying attention at all to get up under you like that.
I have to agree.

There is no indication that the driver behind me was texting or talking on the phone, but from what little I saw in the mirror, it seems likely he was distracted by something. Perhaps he was talking to a passenger. I think if he had been paying attention he'd have slowed considerably in a 'panic stop'; if he'd have hit me under that circumstance, I don't think it would have totaled my truck.

The fact that he didn't brake (or braked way too late) is what tells me he wasn't paying attention.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Thipdar
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 1mouse3
sorry to here about it an good your ok. my 71 cs committed suicide few years back, tried buffing it out but had other things i had to deal with at the time. the lift I had it on made my truck bounce an around 1500lp in the bed shifted which cased it to roll. there tough ol'trucks i give them that, I liked the truck a lot so had to get another.
I feel like one of the reasons I walked away from the accident is because I was surrounded by honest Ford steel armor. What are they going to claim now, honest Ford aluminum armor? Sheesh!

What's that contraption on your front bumper? Spare tire carrier?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:18 PM
1mouse3
Senior User
was a spare tire holder at some point in time, i never tried getting them lug nuts loose an did not have a spare to show off

Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
I've been following this Thipdar. My hope's for a speedy recovery. Glad though you're still with us.