Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Freshman User

knutson28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hpop questions

Hey I got questions on my truck I went out of town this weekend and pulled a trailer with a loader on it and when I got on it it will stumble I have a SCT tunner on it and was monitoring the data for fuel and what I found is my ICP requested and ICP pressures were right on if I didn't push hard but if I did it would request over 3300 it wouldn't match it and start the stumble it will not build over 3300 my ipr % would get to 83 and that's it so my question is do I have a bad pump or IPR valve? Or tune ? New to 6.0s but love this truck lol
Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Postmaster

mustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutson28 View Post
Hey I got questions on my truck I went out of town this weekend and pulled a trailer with a loader on it and when I got on it it will stumble I have a SCT tunner on it and was monitoring the data for fuel and what I found is my ICP requested and ICP pressures were right on if I didn't push hard but if I did it would request over 3300 it wouldn't match it and start the stumble it will not build over 3300 my ipr % would get to 83 and that's it so my question is do I have a bad pump or IPR valve? Or tune ? New to 6.0s but love this truck lol
What year is your truck, miles and mods if any?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
If you're running a tune then return it to stock and recheck the parameters. Tunes can sometimes alter ICP numbers to fool the PCM.

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 07-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Freshman User

Its has 180xxx has 4 inch down 5 out other then the tunner stock and its 2003 I got it from a co worker when pulling his big camper it stall and not start wait 20 mins and off it goes till it stalled so I bought it knowing there was a issue I can't get it.to stall out and I can only get it to act up if I run a tune and its the can street tune he.never had the tunner in it I did that
Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Postmaster

mustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to all
Quote:
Its has 180xxx has 4 inch down 5 out other then the tunner stock and its 2003 I got it from a co worker when pulling his big camper it stall and not start wait 20 mins and off it goes till it stalled so I bought it knowing there was a issue I can't get it.to stall out and I can only get it to act up if I run a tune and its the can street tune he.never had the tunner in it I did that
Return it to stock as previously mentioned and see if it still acts the same way under full throttle. What are the ICPV's at KOEO?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Another thing you need to check is fuel pressure, which will require a manual gauge.

Tim
Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Freshman User

I will check v koeo tonight but with it stock she will run about 3300 3200 psi but that's what it requested
Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
I will check v koeo tonight but with it stock she will run about 3300 3200 psi but that's what it requested
Being an 03' the ICP is always suspect and so is the HPOP, but it is always good to know what the fuel pressure is.
Brett, 06 F-350 Crewcab shortbed, 4" Banks turbo back exhaust with EGT probe, Edge insight CTS with EAS fuel pressure gauge, SCT tuner using canned SCT tunes, rebuilt FICM with atlas 40 from Ed at FICMrepair.com, stand pipes, dummy plugs, STC fitting, blue spring upgrade, archoil AR9100, Magnefine P/S filter, Russell speed bleeders, FTE junkie
Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Freshman User

OK where do I check fuel pressure at and is it low side or high side I'm checking ? And. If I do have to do a pump do I go stock or is there anything better and thanks for the help guys
Old 07-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
OK where do I check fuel pressure at and is it low side or high side I'm checking ? And. If I do have to do a pump do I go stock or is there anything better and thanks for the help guys
I have heard a lot of good about the dieselsite HPOP and while more expensive than OEM they are much more reliable, the OEM remans are a crap shoot and guys have gotten them bad out of the box, http://www.dieselsite.com/2003-20046...lpumphpop.aspx If it were mine I would go with the slightly higher than stock output one.
Brett, 06 F-350 Crewcab shortbed, 4" Banks turbo back exhaust with EGT probe, Edge insight CTS with EAS fuel pressure gauge, SCT tuner using canned SCT tunes, rebuilt FICM with atlas 40 from Ed at FICMrepair.com, stand pipes, dummy plugs, STC fitting, blue spring upgrade, archoil AR9100, Magnefine P/S filter, Russell speed bleeders, FTE junkie
Old 07-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Smart guy asking questions and listing to the advise given.
I think your going to do well and please keep us informed.

Also Does the SCT allow you to look at all the data that the
SGII does?
ScanGaugeII : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Freshman User

No I'm not using the SCT for data logging I have a snap on ethos I'm a diesel tech but I work at a kenworth dealer so don't see pickups lol but I have .19 volt koeo on ICP back to stock tune and used brakes driving down the highway to load it and it will request 3626 and it will stay pretty close I would say its +-25 psi and my inj% is 75-76% I will check what fuel pressure on the low side tonight
Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
No I'm not using the SCT for data logging I have a snap on ethos I'm a diesel tech but I work at a kenworth dealer so don't see pickups lol but I have .19 volt koeo on ICP back to stock tune and used brakes driving down the highway to load it and it will request 3626 and it will stay pretty close I would say its +-25 psi and my inj% is 75-76% I will check what fuel pressure on the low side tonight
Having access to a good scan tool makes life so much less of
a pain when it comes to diagnostics.

Myself I have the SCT,SGII Snap-on Solus and IDS with VCM.
Little bit of over kill.

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Freshman User

Lol in my world over kill is good when it comes to tools but I checked low side tonight and koeo it will go to 65 and start it stays at 65 went and beat the **** out of it still stayed at 65 -+5 psi so idk what is going on ..... i sure wish I could find something failed or failing so I can get it fixed lol
Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Post Fiend

What or whose tunes are you running?

Tim
Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 AM