Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 AM
New User

Gr8Abe is starting off with a positive reputation.
First Lincoln (but not first Ford vehicle)

Hello everyone,

I took the plunge and traded my '07 Audi A4 for a '08 Lincoln Navigator. I've had the truck for a month now and no regrets.

Needed a bigger vehicle for an expanding family (9-month old boy and another baby on the way).

In the brief time I've had the Navigator, I have some pros and cons (any input/comments are greatly appreciated):

PROS
Tons of storage and trunk space, especially with the 3rd row folded down
Comfortable ride
Cooled seats (I sweat a lot, TMI)
Rear entertainment
3rd row that actually seats adults comfortably

CONS
No ipod connection (AUX doesn't count, and sound quality through that is terrible)
No SYNC (am I missing anything? from what I've read in the threads, SYNC does have its issues)
Captains seats on the 2nd row (so far I have been less than successful in finding an elusive middle seat for the 2nd row)
No footrest (not a major issue, I'm used to one since my Audi was a manual)

I have some small/annoying issues with vehicle:
Both front windows, go up/down very slowly (I'm hoping it's just a matter of greasing the window tracks not a regulator replacement).
I don't know if there's something wrong with my navigation unit, but I can't use voice commands (it doesn't recognize any commands).

Again, any inputs/comments would be greatly welcomed. I have a big road trip coming up this Saturday, 900 mile round trip, and really looking forward to enjoying this "beast".
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM
SPONSOR

Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the site! You'll find a lot of useful information and insight here. Enjoy your trip!!
Torklift Sheryl
Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 PM
New User

rick chi-town-2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Abe View Post
Hello everyone,

I took the plunge and traded my '07 Audi A4 for a '08 Lincoln Navigator. I've had the truck for a month now and no regrets.

Needed a bigger vehicle for an expanding family (9-month old boy and another baby on the way).

In the brief time I've had the Navigator, I have some pros and cons (any input/comments are greatly appreciated):

PROS
Tons of storage and trunk space, especially with the 3rd row folded down
Comfortable ride
Cooled seats (I sweat a lot, TMI)
Rear entertainment
3rd row that actually seats adults comfortably

CONS
No ipod connection (AUX doesn't count, and sound quality through that is terrible)
No SYNC (am I missing anything? from what I've read in the threads, SYNC does have its issues)
Captains seats on the 2nd row (so far I have been less than successful in finding an elusive middle seat for the 2nd row)
No footrest (not a major issue, I'm used to one since my Audi was a manual)

I have some small/annoying issues with vehicle:
Both front windows, go up/down very slowly (I'm hoping it's just a matter of greasing the window tracks not a regulator replacement).
I don't know if there's something wrong with my navigation unit, but I can't use voice commands (it doesn't recognize any commands).

Again, any inputs/comments would be greatly welcomed. I have a big road trip coming up this Saturday, 900 mile round trip, and really looking forward to enjoying this "beast".

Absolutely welcome to the dark side!! Funny story, as I just traded an '07 Audi A6 for my '08 Navigator as well! You will love this truck, this much I know. I'm on my 3rd, I had an '05 and a '10 Expy prior to this '08 Navi... all the issues and quirks aside. Unfortunately, you're kind of comparing apples to oranges in these two vehicles... my '07 A6 had the tech package, with iPod hook up. Audi has been at the forefront of technology for years, while Ford didn't really figure that one out until, I think 2010, which is when the Microsoft/Sync system made its debut. May have been late '09, not entirely sure. Sync includes voice activated nav, audio, phone, etc. Never really did understand what I was trying to say, don't miss it.

I've taken mine on prob 4 significant road trips already myself, and with a family of four, plenty of room. Would suggest you use your iPhone for any navigation functions, as the nav in '08 won't recognize any newer roads around... well, around anywhere. And from all of my web searches, there are not even any nav updates... thanks ford.

A couple more pieces of insight, the windows, yep, a common issue, bummer. there is a fix, search here. and I have a 2nd row middle seat in tan, if you'd like to chat, I'm in northern Illinois.
Cheers & again, welcome to the club
Rick
Old 07-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The windows being slow are pretty standard. Undersized motors. You can grease them, but unless there is major binding, it won't help.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Senior User

pgonza2723 is starting off with a positive reputation.
08 I know the factory Navigation is dvd based. So if you are wanting to update the roads, etc etc you have to get a new DVD which isn't cheap.

$149 from:

Lincoln - Navigator L - 2008 - Ford, Lincoln and Mercury - North America Map DVD Version 13P -

Just had to replace the window regulator about a month ago. Not hard, but not fun either. Can try lubing but like berry says don't expect a world of difference.

2001 Vortech'd Mustang GT
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 AM
New User

Gr8Abe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town-2 View Post
A couple more pieces of insight, the windows, yep, a common issue, bummer. there is a fix, search here. and I have a 2nd row middle seat in tan, if you'd like to chat, I'm in northern Illinois.
Cheers & again, welcome to the club
Rick
Thanks, if they were black, I'd definitely be interested. I still have some time to source one out (need to have that middle seat, by the time the 2nd baby arrives).

The window binding/being slow issue is an annoyance. My father drives an '09 E-250 work van, and his windows are slow as well. He says they've always been like this. So I guess it's something I'll have to get used to, but still will try greasing the tracks to hopefully ease the load/strain on the motor.

$150 for a navigation upgrade DVD is bit excessive. I've been doing some research on aftermarket units which would have everything I'm looking for (primarily bluetooth & ipod connectivity). Does anyone have have recommendations, under $1k?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator