Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > New Member Introductions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2014, 03:45 PM
New User

Black Rapter is starting off with a positive reputation.
2009 F150 Crew Cab Door Lock Mystery

. I noticed that my rear drivers side crew cab door was not unlocking recently. So I got the tools out popped the trim and door panel off disconnected the window switch. Then I checked all the wiring for loose connections.when I tested the locks miraculously it worked again. Not knowing what really happened to fit it I figured it was a loose connection I re established. I re assembled the door put all my tools away ( which always jinxes me ) and found the lock was not locking again. I also noticed a funny thing in that when I had the door open the lock worked normally unlock and lock but with the door closed it would only lock and not unlock. Unless there is some kinda safety limit switch hosing things up I am confused.

Help Help Help !!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all
Welcome to the site.

Tony

CLICK HERE ^^^TO SEARCH PARTS FOR YOUR FORD TRUCK
Old 07-24-2014, 09:04 AM
New User

space1979 is starting off with a positive reputation.
most likely broken wire in accordion rubber door conduit

similar situation. 2009 f-250 crew cab. LH rear door wires broke in the rubber conduit. 2 touched that shouldn't have and the door locks quit working. I replaced the harness ($70), now I have no power door locks from the door switch, the key fob, or the keyless entry. the security system works, the seat memory works, but no door locks. I have checked every fuse, been to the stealership twice, and they just want me to bring it in, $$$$$$. I suspect you have a bad wire in your door harness that is becoming separated when the door is shut. I would welcome any help on mine, but i am beginning to suspect the $150 smart junction box. i can't believe there is no fuse or weak link in the power door lock system. good luck!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all
Check the wire harness that runs between the door and body of the truck for a broken or frayed wire. If there's a damaged wire, you should be able to repair it, or solder it back together and be back in business.

CLICK HERE ^^^TO SEARCH PARTS FOR YOUR FORD TRUCK
Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
New User

LH rear is a new harness, to see if there is power to the switches do i have to remove door panels? Also, when you trigger the door switches, I can hear a click down by the SJB. Do you know if there is a relay or fuse specific to the power door locks that is kept secret from the owner of the vehicle?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 AM
SPONSOR

Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to FTE! Hopefully you'll find some answers here. Good luck!
Torklift Sheryl
Old 07-26-2014, 10:12 AM
New User

does anbody know what powers the door locks? my 2009 f-250 power door locks won't communicate with the truck. when you operate the door switch, key fob, or keyless entry pad on door, there is click in the SJB (smart junction box) in the passenger foot well. Everything else on the truck works. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > New Member Introductions