Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross View Post
Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Program...Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year > Home

...so in other words, the Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce is a group sponsored in part by a lobbying group (https://www.wmc.org/) who's sole purpose is to promote commerce in Wisconsin. The award they won was one of nine issued this past year to businesses in Wisconsin.

The award simply means they were the best in Wisconsin - judged by what amounts to a chamber of commerce/lobbying group.

I'm sure they have a nice product (I have never owned a Curt hitch so I can't say if they are great or terrible), but I would also venture to say that the average Joe out there should not just consider an award such as this as meaning much. It's easy to get a lobbying group to give it's members an award...doesn't mean the product is somehow better than any other product out there.

I would agree with your statement:

...but I wouldn't pair that with

...and expect the award to bolster the argument. Now, if an independent group (oh, I don't know, maybe JD Powers or similar?) that had no stake in commerce in Wisconsin or better yet, evaluated companies OUTSIDE of Wisconsin (oh, I don't know, maybe the entire US?) was to issue an award, then maybe I'd put some weight to that statement.
But if they were as bad as everybody seems to claim in here there wouldn't even have made that list. That group has to have some kind pride or they would look bad................it would be Curt for me (but I don't need one).
Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
Both of mine are stock and working fine but Warn is useless
Wow, so wrong it's ridiculous.

You may not have any use for Warn hubs, but they are far from useless.

If they were useless, they wouldn't work, and Warn hubs work quite well.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Junior User

mrfix is starting off with a positive reputation.
after looking for a good used hitch for my X for over a year I went to ford and was quoted $750.00 for a hitch for my 2001 X. Being a welder by trade I started looking for a multi fit class 5 hitch for an F350 to modify, I found a Reese class 5 multi fit at tractor supply for $189.00 and bought it. Got it home and dropped the fuel tank and mounted the hitch side plates using existing frame holes, when I installed the hitch beam onto the side plates I found the receiver tube to be pointing about 20 degrees to the ground, I cut the hitch beam in two places, 5" from each end plate, the beam is 3" x 1/4" thick round pipe, I then made two 1/4" X 3" long sleeves with 3" inside diameter that slipped over each end of the beam, I then bolted the hitch end plates to the side plates and jacked the hitch beam up into place sliding the sleeves over the cuts in the beam, doing this allowed me to turn the receiver tube to any angle I need. I set the receiver tube to the correct angle and tacked it in place, I removed the beam from the truck welded up the sleeves using 3/32 7018 welding rod, reinstalled the hitch beam and all is well. I now have a class 5, 12,000 pound capacity hitch that is made of thicker material than the OEM, mounts with larger bolts and is all around more rugged than the OEM with much better corrosion protection for less than the cost of the steel that is needed to fabricate it. The hitch height is correct as well as the angle of the receiver.

Just wanted to let you know that we can replace the hitch without being at mercy of ford.

Mrfix
Old 08-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Elder User

Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.
Pictures PLEASE!
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0L ,Scan Gauge II, FICMrepair.com ATLAS 40 repaired FICM, Blue Spring Mod, Cleaned and Resealed HFCM(not a mod, but it should be done if you have dirt in it!) SRL tune by Matt, HellWig Rear sway bar, LoadLifter 5000 air bags, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Junior User

mrfix is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mrfix
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Wow, so wrong it's ridiculous.

You may not have any use for Warn hubs, but they are far from useless.

If they were useless, they wouldn't work, and Warn hubs work quite well.

Stewart
You often say I am wrong and it's always WOW! or CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAD THAT! or something of that nature.
I was right about the rear sway bars and in most cases the Warns are bought needlessly. Nobody wants to admit it though. (a sticking dial is not a reason to throw money at the problem)
I was also right about the trans suddenly overheating in reverse and causing leakage.....not true.
Like I said before; as long as people keep buying things there will be someone there to sell it.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Postmaster

Bigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
You often say I am wrong and it's always WOW! or CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAD THAT! or something of that nature.
I was right about the rear sway bars and in most cases the Warns are bought needlessly. Nobody wants to admit it though.
I was also right about the trans suddenly overheating in reverse and causing leakage.....not true.
Like I said before; as long as people keep buying things there will be someone there to sell it.
Ha, right about the rear swaybars, that's a good one..
2000 f150 4x4 work truck 4.6 AKA Martha
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...es35/truck.jpg
Old 08-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35 View Post
Ha, right about the rear swaybars, that's a good one..
You could drag me back into the sway-bar saga but would you believe my educated analogies and assessments ?
Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Postmaster

Bigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
You could drag me back into the sway-bar saga but would you believe my educated analogies?
You have no educated analogies, until you drive your particular EX with a rear sway bar and without a rear sway bar you have absolutely no education, Its just pointless dribble...
2000 f150 4x4 work truck 4.6 AKA Martha
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...es35/truck.jpg
Old 08-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35 View Post
You have no educated analogies, until you drive your particular EX with a rear sway bar and without a rear sway bar you have absolutely no education, Its just pointless dribble...
No it's not. After I made the assumptions I saw about 3 posts that agreed with me but that didn't confirm anything since the answer is just common sense to begin with, plus I cited personal observations on it to confirm my position on it.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:04 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigTrash601 View Post
Oh hell, here we go.......lol
^^^^ What he said. ^^^^
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 08-16-2014, 01:05 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
I say you're wrong when I KNOW you're wrong. I don't think it's very often (like you stated) , but rather, just on subjects you continue to argue about even when faced with facts.

Case in point:

Quote:
...and in most cases the Warns are bought needlessly.
You said, and I quote, that "Warns are useless." You didn't say they were needless, you said they were useless, and that's just plain wrong.

Warn hubs are far from useless. They work quite well. You posted bad information and I corrected it.

Quote:
Nobody wants to admit it though. (a sticking dial is not a reason to throw money at the problem)
Nobody?? Jeez, you need to pay better attention. I not only agree with you when you say that, but I have often pointed people to your drill-a-small-hole fix that you came up with.

But that wasn't the assertion you made when I corrected you. You stated Warn hubs were useless and they aren't. They work and they work quite well.

Quote:
I was right about the rear sway bars
No you aren't. Rear sway bars can help with Excursion Wander which means it helps with the ride. You don't have to tow or drive hard and fast to obtain a better ride by adding a rear sway bar.

Quote:
Again, wrong. It is true. It's happened so many times, people have posted about the problem for years and Mark Kovalsky has explained why it happens.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge facts doesn't mean you're right. It just means (like I posted earlier) it's ridiculous.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 08-16-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
I was right about the rear sway bars
...according to who? You? According to you, of course you are always right. According to another few members? And what about the others that disagree with you...they are all wrong and you and your friends are all correct?

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 08-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
No it's not. After I made the assumptions I saw about 3 posts that agreed with me but that didn't confirm anything since the answer is just common sense to begin with
Oooo...three whole posts, huh?

Quote:
plus I cited personal observations on it to confirm my position on it.
And there is the key...you just said your "PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS". Observations aren't 'right' or 'wrong', so you should consider not claiming you are "right" and others are "wrong" since it's all just opinion.

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 08-16-2014, 05:32 AM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I say you're wrong when I KNOW you're wrong. I don't think it's very often (like you stated) , but rather, just on subjects you continue to argue about even when faced with facts.

Case in point:

You said, and I quote, that "Warns are useless." You didn't say they were needless, you said they were useless, and that's just plain wrong.

Warn hubs are far from useless. They work quite well. You posted bad information and I corrected it.

Nobody?? Jeez, you need to pay better attention. I not only agree with you when you say that, but I have often pointed people to your drill-a-small-hole fix that you came up with.

But that wasn't the assertion you made when I corrected you. You stated Warn hubs were useless and they aren't. They work and they work quite well.

No you aren't. Rear sway bars can help with Excursion Wander which means it helps with the ride. You don't have to tow or drive hard and fast to obtain a better ride by adding a rear sway bar.

Again, wrong. It is true. It's happened so many times, people have posted about the problem for years and Mark Kovalsky has explained why it happens.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge facts doesn't mean you're right. It just means (like I posted earlier) it's ridiculous.

Stewart

Facemop

Floor mopped with face.

OUCH
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 08-16-2014, 05:32 AM