Sponsored by: Moser

Remote Start Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote Start Question

I have the factory installed Ford remote start in my 2012 F-150 Lariat. Works fine most of the time, but, at times (this morning), I go out, hit the lock button once and the remote start button twice and the horn beeps once. No start. Later this morning, after driving it downtown, I tried it and it worked perfectly. Comments? Suggestions? Similar experiences?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:24 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I have done this before as well. I have also done it by pressing the start button twice in succession too quick.

When that happens I simply unlock all the doors...and then lock and hit the engine start twice in succession slower.

Hope this helps!

Edit...ok I had to look into it more, this is from the manual:

Keys and Remote Control

The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is not closed
• the transmission is not in P
• the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• your service engine soon light is on.

Remote Starting the Vehicle

Note: You must press each button within three seconds of each other. Your vehicle will not remote start and the horn will not sound if you do not follow this sequence.

The label on your transmitter details the starting procedure.

To remote start your vehicle:
1. Press the lock button to lock all the doors.
2. Press the remote start button twice. The exterior lamps will flash twice.
The horn will sound if the system fails to start, unless quiet start is on. Quiet start will run the blower fan at a slower speed to reduce noise. You can switch it on or off in the information display. See the Information Displays chapter.
Note: If you remote start your vehicle with an integrated keyhead transmitter, you must switch the ignition on before driving your vehicle. If you remote start your vehicle with an intelligent access transmitter, you must have a programmed intelligent access key inside your vehicle and press the START/STOP button on the instrument panel once while applying the brake pedal before driving your vehicle.
The power windows will be inhibited during the remote start and the radio will not turn on automatically.
The parking lamps will remain on and your vehicle will run for 5, 10, or 15 minutes, depending on the setting. See the Information Displays chapter to select the duration of the remote start system.

Oh and one more thing...if you decide to open the hood while in remote start there is a switch that will shut the motor off when you unlock the hood. (I found that out a few months ago)

Old 07-19-2014, 10:28 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I had this happen to me last week, first time it did, however I know why.
I had not shifted into Park before shutting the truck down...don't know why I did, just a statement of fact. The truck would not remote start on the next try, about 3 hours later. I have a feeling it was related to my lack of efforts when I shut the truck off just prior. This is the only time the truck has not started on me.

Like Rob said, if you hit the lock, start start too quickly then the truck won't recognize the succession...at least mine does. I lock, wait a full second, then start, pause, start with deliberate button pushes.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
You also might check to see that the parking lights flash after you hit the lock button...maybe it didn't receive the first command.