Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Performance & General Engine Building
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM
New User

Joel1984 is starting off with a positive reputation.
03 explorer issues, Help!

Hi folks,

I have an 03 explorer, V8 Eddie Bauer. It's had a rough idle for a little while and the other day my check engine light flashed at me. Looked up the codes and it told me I had a couple cylinders misfire and a couple codes saying "system too lean" bank 1 and 2.
I'm certainly no professional but i always like to give it a go when I think I can manage.

So yesterday I took out the MAF sensor and cleaned it, changed the air filter, and changed out my spark plugs to start. (Spark plugs were due to be replaced)
I started her up again and she sounded much better. Went for a quick spin and it seemed like the troubles were gone. Sat inside in the driveway for a few minutes and the idle got progressively worse. Opened the hood and had a look and after a few minutes it just died.
Started it up again and it died a few minutes later.
It starts up fine and drives fine but the idle is rough and dies out after a bit.
So this morning it wouldn't even start. Battery is fine, it still turns everything on, but I turn the key and it just makes one click noise and doesn't do anything.
Any ideas??
Much appreciated!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Performance & General Engine Building