Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Freshman User

azhdrider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down A Kick In The Nads..

I Am A Machinist by trade,- after being a mechanic on police cars. i use what works. I OWN Nothing But. Fords..my 99 ranger has over 300,000mi.- Runs great.- I done clutch brakes etc.& heads on motor at 240,000 I also still have my 1980 bronco,- Roush 302 & also runs great. But I have a FIRST.- one I cant seem to keep running,or happy.- I Bought a 2004 F-250 6.0 Diesel last year,& it has been the sorryest,Most Expensive,& constantly Troublesome. PROBLEM CHILD. I have Ever Seen. I will advise Anyone, to Run like hell the other way. from these P.O.S.! - After Being loyal to ford,For having such,good service from all the others i Own. This One Is A Kick In The Nads..
Old 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Posting Guru

Kdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to behold
I drive an 04 F550 boom truck sometimes where I work, it's got 239,000 hard miles on it and countless idle hours. All it's had done to it is one oil cooler replaced under warranty.

It sounds like you got a bad apple, it happens. I know lots of 6.0 owners who are very happy with theirs. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

1939 Ford COE custom. "Ford-Tuff"
Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
While I feel for you, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Did you come here to simply proclaim how awful your truck is?

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 PM
New User

Blowin' Black is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blowin' Black is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a buddy who hated his 7.3 because it was always breaking down. He traded it for a 6.0 years ago and couldnt be happier.

It happens man. There are lemons out there.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:53 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Both companies I've worked at in the past 3 years have had a fleet of over 300 (combined) 6.0s. Hard miles, lots of idling. Minimal problems. Bad apples come in ever bunch. Someone just left the 6.0s on the back of truck a few days longer than other apples before bringing them in to the grocer
- Trey PAA Member #110
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Freshman User

hmm. first shortly after i got this truck,the ficm went out.- voltage drop at start up. so did the resolder.& started doing research on all, the problems & horror stories,with 6.0`s so being scared of what could happen, now that Im married to a truck, i didnt know much about to start with, i did the e.g.r. & oil coolers,& back flushed the cooling system a few times,to find this one does not. have the problems,some have.- at least i know whats in there.except for the expense of everything.& how much has to come off every time,to get to anything. Now I put in the bulletproof, F.I.C.M. (transformer half) & it runs better than i ever seen it before.- It did pull the hills to northern az. with a load on,& pulling a small toy hauler,With a full dress harley bagger inside,& I caught myself hitting 80-85 without trying,so it does pull like Nothing Ive Ever seen, & averaged 20 mpg on the trip,i just hope i get the bugs worked out before i go broke..
Old 07-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Freshman User

I dont believe in (bad apples) all machines can have problems.- Especially after who,knows. does who knows what to them before we get them. then have to debug a new truck.. Im learning 6.0`s - Like this truck, but its different.& expensive.- Thanx for letting me share..
Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Your looking in the wrong place.
Come over here >> 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Read the tech folder at the top.

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
moved to the 6.0 forum.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Junior User

catalinaflyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know I was of the same mindset a week or so ago, I was bound and determined to get it running just long enough to pull into the dealer down the street under it's own power and trade it in.

However I'm not going to be defeated by a pickup truck and come what may I'm going to make this truck run and run for more than 1 week without needing a magical VooDoo exorcism every Saturday morning. I just ordered new pigtail replacements for every sensor under the hood as well as a new ICP sensor and by all that is holy I'm going to make her run. When it's running right it has the ability to make a grown man giggle when the turbo kicks in and lights off the rear tires at 40 mph or throws you back into the seat.

My wife bought this truck a few months ago and it's had it's fair share of bugs from sticky injectors to leaking hpo rail to shorted wires to the VGT actuator and so on but there's just something about the challenge (and excuse to add tools to my collection because every manly man should have a ball-nipple tool and injector plug tool in his tool box) that I just am not ready to part with it. The wife has moved on to newer and more reliable means of transportation so I have inherited the devil child to tame.

I can now go from popping the hood all the way down to inside the valve covers with everything above that point including the turbo removed in under 2 hours. The first time took an entire weekend! The parts guy down at the Ford shop has even started having my Saturday morning goodie bag ready when I walk in the door with all the gasket's and O-rings I will need for that days top end tear down.

Stay after it azhdrider50, don't admit defeat to a pickup truck, diligence will conquer. (And get on a first name basis with the parts guy, make him your friend)
Old 07-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Senior User

DawnPatrol is starting off with a positive reputation.
" I just ordered new pigtail replacements for every sensor under the hood as well as a new ICP sensor and by all that is holy I'm going to make her run. "

Damn, I think that's a great attitude!

Got get 'er fixed champ!

Like you say when they run right they are da bomb
2006 F250 4WD, BulletProof EGR, BP water pump, BP 6 phase FICM, BP Heavy Duty Oil Cooler, ARP studs, blue spring mod, DC Power 190Amp Alt, ScanGaugeII, RevEx, BriteBox, ARE shell, 4" turbo-back exhaust
Old 07-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
With my project the week of the 4th and all I had apart
looks like I really should replace the little piggie tail on the
oil pressure switch. Ford wants $30 + for that little gem.
I got the part number and looked on Fleabay and same price.
Thought what the hell and looked on Amazon and what do you
know $7.99 + shipping for a new one.

My only is can I keep the UAV once it lands??

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Freshman User

well, Now I Just threw $500 + In To The BULLETPROOF F.I.C.M. "Trasformer half shell" & It Ran Great.- Almost normal,- The 19miles to town. Then as I stopped for a light, it missed,then again,& went into a intermitant miss again.! MAN.! I HATE THIS POSSESSED TRUCK.! & IM STUCK. WITH THIS P.O.S. Or I Would Trade it IN..
Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Posting Guru

Money-Pit has a great reputation on FTE.Money-Pit has a great reputation on FTE.Money-Pit has a great reputation on FTE.Money-Pit has a great reputation on FTE.Money-Pit has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhdrider50 View Post
well, Now I Just threw $500 + In To The BULLETPROOF F.I.C.M. "Trasformer half shell" & It Ran Great.- Almost normal,- The 19miles to town. Then as I stopped for a light, it missed,then again,& went into a intermitant miss again.! MAN.! I HATE THIS POSSESSED TRUCK.! & IM STUCK. WITH THIS P.O.S. Or I Would Trade it IN..
What symptoms were you having that lead you to purchase the halfshell?
2005 Excursion Eddie Bauer 2004.5 6.0 diesel 4X4 -Dieselsite coolant filter - Blue spring - ScanGauge II/Torque Pro/Isspro EGT & FP for gauges - 2012 mirrors - I'm not a professional mechanic....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Freshman User

Kicked in the Nads Over & over

The reason i changed the F.I.C.M. amp half, was voltage drop at start.- Minimum voltage.. including low voltage to all injectors.- across the board
Old 07-15-2014, 06:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel