6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

A Kick In The Nads..

Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No.w THAT .was. funn.y!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 407 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by bismic
you are simply wrong (and your spelling is horrendous - lol).

ask your precious resources what fittings (get Ford part numbers) are used for doing the air pressure test ...........
No he is not. Once you and your expert mechanic have cross-threaded it, all other threads are not compatible

It is nice of you to have hung in here Mark....

Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,448 Likes on 1,696 Posts
I guess he did not even believe an owner that has used the new part in an early engine (post #53 btw).

Seriously though - in the last year, we have seen multiple reports of rebuilt HPOPs (early model year) failing prematurely. Some right out of the box. Seems that the Adrenaline pumps are doing better (aftermarket). There have even been a few NIB IPRs fail. This is the helpful stuff that is available on the forums. I wonder whether or not we will see more of this as the years go by. It is one way for a company to save money (ie change parts suppliers to cheaper ones on the older model years). In my search for muliple ICP failures, I did find a few NAPA ICP's that failed early. I also found numerous 7.3L ICP failures - interesting. I truly don't find much on annual 6.0L ICP changes after the sensor was updated.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 407 Likes on 269 Posts
I'm thinkin' he should he should own my old LLY Chevy Durablast and have something to truly complain about....

Old 07-21-2014, 07:49 PM
catalinaflyer
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bismic
I guess he did not even believe an owner that has used the new part in an early engine (post #53 btw).
I'm pretty sure I didn't cross thread mine in because I reached in from underneath and threaded it with my fingertips over the heat shield then used a socket on two wobbles to turn it the last turn to seal the o-ring.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
One trick to help prevent cross threading is (works for me very well)
to take the new part and press it into the opening and turn like you trying
to remove it while keeping pressure on it till you fell the thread ends drop
past each other. Then you go from removal direction to install direction.

Sean

Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by azhdrider50
I was. looking for INTELLIGENT Input. that has been tried.& works.. - I. will use what works, IF. PROVEN..when i run what has been posted by a friend that IS. a Ford Diesel tech. He, Tells me why Not. to do the change.. I go with what HE. KNOWS.& what he shows me.& what I see. proven to work.. OR. I Stay whth what ford pays engeneers a lot to figure out..
If this statement is true why are you on here asking for help from a bunch of backyard mechanics and a few Sr. diesel master techs? That is not showing you have much confidence in your master diesel tech friend, in fact if he knew you were on here checking to see if what he told you was good information he would probably never help you again.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:18 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 976 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
One trick to help prevent cross threading is (works for me very well)
to take the new part and press it into the opening and turn like you trying
to remove it while keeping pressure on it till you fell the thread ends drop
past each other. Then you go from removal direction to install direction.

How to prevent cross-threading a bolt, screw or any threaded fastener - YouTube

Sean
SHOOT... you don't know ME! I could cross thread a whiskey bottle cap!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM
azhdrider50
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REALLY.?.! First I had one guy, tell me to try unpluging the ( I.C.P. ) to see if a miss goes away. - yep, it started up & the miss went away.. OK, Then Im Told to use what I Know to be the part Number to a nother truck.- (Different year & running change) so I text, & run this by my friend at Ford,- (Diesel Mechanic) & Owns the same truck..who tells me the Threads are different. I mention this. and the PEANUT GALLERY CHIMES IN, to Insult, & berate me.? Like A Bunch of Juviniles.. Because I questioned putting A Part. I knew to be for a different year, on My motor.. & Go On To Berate anything Iv said.- The Cost of the part. $167-(at all local dealers)- i First did. try ordering one on line,- Cost less. but was out of range,& didnt work.& I was Told Thats Why Everyone doesnt go buy the $50 part,- why wouldnt you..- IF> it worked.. Now Here is The Coreect Ford Part,Lets see..& yep ran good a year..This is why I am not quick, to just throw $167 on a wrong part Unless I know it works.. NOT.- A guy posted, I heard.. SO IF YOU Take ANYTHING Thats Posted, AS Correct,- And Bet Your Truck,&LIVELIHOOD, on.. A Guy Posted. I Heard.. Go Ahead.. ha ha.! OH.. Just Because someone Gives, "Advise".. doesnt mean "YOU""HAVE" To Take IT.. USE What Is USEFUL To You..- But Check Facts First.. Its Just Info.. Dont Have A Stroke, Over it..

Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 AM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
REALLY.?.! First I had one guy, tell me to try unpluging the ( I.C.P. ) to see if a miss goes away. - yep, it started up & the miss went away.. OK, Then Im Told to use what I Know to be the part Number to a nother truck.- (Different year & running change) so I text, & run this by my friend at Ford,- (Diesel Mechanic) & Owns the same truck..who tells me the Threads are different. I mention this. and the PEANUT GALLERY CHIMES IN, to Insult, & berate me.? Like A Bunch of Juviniles.. Because I questioned putting A Part. I knew to be for a different year, on My motor.. & Go On To Berate anything Iv said.- The Cost of the part. $167-(at all local dealers)- i First did. try ordering one on line,- Cost less. but was out of range,& didnt work.& I was Told Thats Why Everyone doesnt go buy the $50 part,- why wouldnt you..- IF> it worked.. Now Here is The Coreect Ford Part,Lets see..& yep ran good a year..This is why I am not quick, to just throw $167 on a wrong part Unless I know it works.. NOT.- A guy posted, I heard.. SO IF YOU Take ANYTHING Thats Posted, AS Correct,- And Bet Your Truck,&LIVELIHOOD, on.. A Guy Posted. I Heard.. Go Ahead.. ha ha.! OH.. Just Because someone Gives, "Advise".. doesnt mean "YOU""HAVE" To Take IT.. USE What Is USEFUL To You..- But Check Facts First.. Its Just Info.. Dont Have A Stroke, Over it..
Well at least now we all know what the real problem is with his truck.

You just can't help some people.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:46 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
decaf might help

Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 AM
azhdrider50
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, Just cant Help some people.? Actually, Unplugging the i.C.P.- to determine that was at fault.. did help.. (Thanx For That) But I'm Curious, Usually When Someone,Wants to Try, To Talk Down to me. Or looks To Be condescending, - (They OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ME.) It Is because Someone Was Abusive to Them. & Now They Carry On This Illness.. sad..

Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 PM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
Ya, Just cant Help some people.? Actually, Unplugging the i.C.P.- to determine that was at fault.. did help.. (Thanx For That) But I'm Curious, Usually When Someone,Wants to Try, To Talk Down to me. Or looks To Be condescending, - (They OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ME.) It Is because Someone Was Abusive to Them. & Now They Carry On This Illness.. sad..
OK, how do you know that it won't work with the new style sensor? Hear say?

I challenge you to go down to a Ford service department and get both styles of sensors in your hands. Prove Mark wrong, videos normally work well for this. Match up the threads and show us pictures of why it won't work.

After seeing the proof, we will believe you(your mechanic). If it comes out with the same threads, apologies would be recommended.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 PM
catalinaflyer
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry if you have taken anything I have posted as being berating, condescending or belittling.

I just wanted you to know that I also own an early build 04 and I have used the part from the late build 04+ on my truck just this weekend. It screwed right in using only my fingertips so it's highly unlikely that I cross threaded or forced it to thread. Yes they may technically be different threads but how different?? Would I use the wrong threaded part in an airplane I plan on burning a hole in the sky with? Not on your life or mine but on a sensor on a pickup truck is a different story. Yes if it comes out at highway speed there's a chance that it will pump enough oil out fast enough that there could be internal damage before getting it shut down. How big of risk? I don't know but one I personally felt was small enough to go with the advice of many on this site and try the part.

You came on here complaining of a failing part that Ford sells with a 2 year warranty yet you said you had to purchase a new one after one year. Many offered advice of trying a different part number that many on this site, myself now included have had success with. You then turn around and say your guy says it won't fit and infer that the people on here who don't know you from Adam are all wrong because your guy says so.

If your going to have your guy do the work and take his word then that's your choice and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The correct part for your year truck will fit period. It will do it's job provided there isn't anything else wrong in the system. Now will it do a better job than the newer one, probably not, they both provide the same data stream to the computer but the newer one may be of a new design and therefore last longer. No one said you HAVE to use the newer part, some just offered you might want to try the newer part but your guy by your own words says it won't work so don't use it.

I have had a demon child of a truck every since the wife brought it home. However I have saved $1,000's just reading this forum and taking the advice offered by many on here and I could give a rats rear end whether they own the same truck, have personally tried the advice they offer to me or if they have ever worked as a Ford mechanic let along have some master rating. I have not once questioned the advice and EVERY SINGLE TIME I have followed the advice it has fixed the current problem or at least shown me where the problem is at.

So with all of that being said you should probably decide whether your going to follow the advice of the many on here or your mechanic but to try and question the advice of each against the other is only going to get you conflicting advice and possibly create unnecessary hard feelings.

I'm sure you have heard the phrase "There's more than one way to skin a cat", well there's also more than one way to fix a 6.0.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the fitting used to do the air test on all 6.0l engines through the ICP port use the M12X1.5 fitting correct and if so both ICP sensors in question would have to have the same thread size.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Kick In The Nads..