6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

A Kick In The Nads..

Old 07-21-2014, 03:07 PM
azhdrider50
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO, If. I read right.. You do not own the same truck, or set up, are not a tech, or mechanic.? but have heard, other people have used the "wrong" $170 part with success on a truck you. dont own or work on, & wane not tried this yourself..yet claim to be well versed in.. you`v heard.. LOL.. & yes the first thing i did was to open up the harness, inspect,& replace the pig tail.. soldered & heat shrink.- not just crimped. Moving the sensor does not. seem to be a option. as hoses dont sound like they hold up any better that fords sensors. for those that have. tried this.so my next puzzle is better heat shielding for the wires,& sensor..

Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 PM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doesn't sound like Mark was suggesting to move the sensor. I believe he said to use the newer style sensor in your current location.

Not everybody on here are techs, a lot have some great advice. Just take a look at their approval rating right below their number of posts.

To be honest, with a comment like that, I wouldn't blame Mark if he never responded back.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
If the life span is one year then why did Ford go to
a two year parts warrantee?

Also I am going to be blunt if you not going to take any advise then go away.
You have some very trusted people that are answering questions and you
saying that they are full of BS.

Also soldering is a bad way to make a connection do to work harding of the
fine wires. I know this how? I am an A&P. That type of repair is not used
in cable assemblies do to the reason above.

Also like I said if you don't want to take advise and just rag on this engine.
Go else where.

Sean

Old 07-21-2014, 04:52 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 978 Posts
Originally Posted by azhdrider50
MY POINT.. It Is a KICK In The NADS, To Spend near $170.- thats every stealership in the tempe,mesa.chandler,& yes casa grande too.. area of arizona. to have the icp fail again in a year, tops.- all the posts i see, say the same thing. About time for my annual icp change..- (from people that actualy OWN These P.O.S.) as I do.. I ask for FACTS FROM People that OWN, or KNOW.or are TECHS with FACTS. - not I heard. or been told. but mine is a nother year,make,model.. having to suffer with one of these P.O.S. is bad enough. but when asking for Facts, to have the water muddy up with oppinions of non, owners. 0r I heard.. just makes trying to get info, worse. Thanx for the thought.- now I will research this new style sensor as well,- but dlr techs, & parts guys.will tell you to the the original part number.. out of Not Wanting to guess..
My advise is to do the truck a favor and tow/push/drive it over a cliff...it will thank you just to get out of your rants.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Its pretty bad when you get Sean riled up.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm surprised it all took this long.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jswartz84
To be honest, with a comment like that, I wouldn't blame Mark if he never responded back.
I agree...and with that kind of attitude, I doubt many other KNOWLEDGABLE people will respond either,

Originally Posted by BPofMD
My advise is to do the truck a favor and tow/push/drive it over a cliff...it will thank you just to get out of your rants.
Yea, just part ways with your "POS" and go buy something else....such as a Chevy or Dodge.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 PM
catalinaflyer
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I tried to post it earlier but didn't go through. I do own an early build 04 with the ICP sensor under the turbo at the back of the motor. so with that being said, I have read (not heard, my computer doesn't speak forum words to me) that the late build ICP sensor designed to go in the right valve cover will work. I purchased this later model sensor right from the Ford dealership, installed it Saturday and as of right now I have driven almost 300 miles with it working just fine. Now as for how long it will last, I'll have to get back to you on that but it does have a 2 year warranty so for the next two years no matter how many times it goes on walkabout I will only be out the 15 minutes labor to replace it.

No I am not a tech, mechanic or any of that, I ride above the storms pushing buttons on an instrument panel. I do however find that the collective knowledge of many people on the same subject will often times be better than the company who built it.

There have been studies for years on this sort of knowledge and combined knowledge of many will result in the average being correct over 99% of the time. How many jelly beans in the jar, average all the guesses and you'll have a correct answer within 1% of the actual amount provided there was a large enough sampling of guesses. With the collective knowledge on this site I would go by the =AVG(**.**) before I take the advice of someone trained by the Ford factory.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,449 Likes on 1,696 Posts
I kept this going, ignoring the ridiculous rants, for a reason. If Ford has begun to experience early failures of their "updated parts", then we would all benefit from knowing that. This thread (and the OP) make it difficult to "extract" a positive value from all of the BS.

I am confident that the updated parts (both the 3C3Z and 4C3Z part) have a better track record than one year. I am also going to say that paying $170 for the sensor is ludicrous (and even sillier to keep repeating it - especially when it is warrantied. lol). In your other thread, you were directed to a place to get a FORD part for $110 (and that cost is if you just don't want to use the warranty and save ALL of the $$'s).

My last effort to make this useful is to request the OP to post links to all of these sources that say the ICP only lasts a year. So far it is just hearsay from a dissatisfied 6.0L owner who is blowing the issue out of proportion - just my .02.

Thanks to catalinaflyer for posting his recent experience. I would love to hear other peoples experiences (in an effort to make this thread useful)! As said above, the learnings from the collective experiences of the owners is extremely powerful. To me the forum is all about learning and sharing, and admittedly, things (like reliability of parts) can change.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 131 Likes on 78 Posts
I would like to help Mark but my '06 is still running the 3C3Z (I think) that is was built with (8 years later) although I did put the new screen on it when I replaced my coolers. Any thought on what is the more common failure point, electrical solenoid half or the mechanical part?

Old 07-21-2014, 07:14 PM
azhdrider50
Freshman User
the newer 4c3z- part ( fits mid 2004 1/2)has a differant thread. & cant be swaped for the right part.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:30 PM
azhdrider50
Freshman User
I was. looking for INTELLIGENT Input. that has been tried.& works.. - I. will use what works, IF. PROVEN..when i run what has been posted by a friend that IS. a Ford Diesel tech. He, Tells me why Not. to do the change.. I go with what HE. KNOWS.& what he shows me.& what I see. proven to work.. OR. I Stay whth what ford pays engeneers a lot to figure out..

Old 07-21-2014, 07:30 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should get a hold of Perkins diesel out in Mesa, I believe there still off Country club Dr . There Knowledge of 6.0/7.3 and over all diesels are great Just like this forum

Old 07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,449 Likes on 1,696 Posts
the newer 4c3z- part ( fits mid 2004 1/2)has a differant thread. & cant be swaped for the right part.

you are simply wrong (and your spelling is horrendous - lol). Quite some time ago, I made the same mistake - listening to someone post that they were different - so I understand that mistakes happen - even with intelligent people.

ask your precious resources what fittings (get Ford part numbers, and it is M12 x 1.5 btw) are used for doing the air pressure test ...........

Old 07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
I was. looking for INTELLIGENT Input. that has been tried.& works.. - I. will use what works, IF. PROVEN..when i run what has been posted by a friend that IS. a Ford Diesel tech. He, Tells me why Not. to do the change.. I go with what HE. KNOWS.& what he shows me.& what I see. proven to work.. OR. I Stay whth what ford pays engeneers a lot to figure out..
We look for threads that are clearly written with correct punctuation……but look what we get

From the way this post looks, how would you know intelligence?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Kick In The Nads..