Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Talking Guess what COOL new item Alliant Power has for us

AP0040 aka Injector side plug!

Read here.

http://alliantpower.com/sites/allian...a_04-14_en.pdf

here is the tech sheet with the how to.
http://alliantpower.com/sites/allian...b_03-14_en.pdf

Now to find who stocks them and how much.

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Elder User

dannyboy950 has a good reputation on FTE.dannyboy950 has a good reputation on FTE.
Good find they must have just added that. I just downloaded their entire catalog last week and it was not in their. Made a note about it.
Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Have to owe you some reps Sean - great find!
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Good find. I've been working with my part guy for the last week trying to find this again. I knew I have seen it before in a catalog we had at the shop but couldn't find it. Hopefully will have some sitting on the selves at the shop pretty soon.

Sending some reps your way

Edit....starch that. Will send some reps after I spread the love.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Well I had not that much (Right,Sure) going on and was looking because I have
the 3 bad ones. One will get taken care of with a replacement injector.
So that leaves 2 that need to be dealt with. I was just doing a bit of aimed random
web surfing and tripped over them.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Certified Thread Hijacker

Bullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud of
joshjones.thewelder
That's awesome!

Now if Alliant could just source some spools and coil packs (hint hint)

Josh

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 PowerStroke Diesel 4X4: SRL Custom Tune Atlas 40 FICM Rotella 0W40 DASHBOSS Ford VCM II IDS Custom Y-Pipe Fabrication
Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt390 View Post
That's awesome!

Now if Alliant could just source some spools and coil packs (hint hint)

Josh
I still want to drop one in an ultrasonic cleaner with some Seafoam
to see if that takes the varnish off.

Might be a bit flammable

Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Certified Thread Hijacker

Bullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud of
joshjones.thewelder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I still want to drop one in an ultrasonic cleaner with some Seafoam
to see if that takes the varnish off.

Might be a bit flammable

Iirc didn't a member try the unltrasonic cleaner and it didn't even touch the spools

Josh

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 PowerStroke Diesel 4X4: SRL Custom Tune Atlas 40 FICM Rotella 0W40 DASHBOSS Ford VCM II IDS Custom Y-Pipe Fabrication
Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt390 View Post

Iirc didn't a member try the unltrasonic cleaner and it didn't even touch the spools

Josh
I vaguely recall that and yeah the ultrasonic didn't do much good.

Sent from my Telegraph using IB AutoGroup
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Post Fiend

I would think that is would also be chemical dependent.You need
something that is aggressive enough to dissolve or soften the varnish
so that the c=action of the ultrasonic bath can carry it away. That is
the tricky part finding something that will do that and not go BOOM in
the cleaner tank with a bit of heat. Also it has to be something that is
safe to use unlike the old school vapor degreaser agent that did all
sorts of nasty things to the body. If I recall the EPA made them have
a babysitter for it 24/7 so it would not spill or something else.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Posting Guru

Per4mance has a great reputation on FTE.Per4mance has a great reputation on FTE.Per4mance has a great reputation on FTE.Per4mance has a great reputation on FTE.
I wonder if Berryman carb dip would work......food for thought
1971 Corvette convertible 103,457 miles
1979 Corvette under Restoration 39,234 miles
Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Some 800 grit sandpaper and brake cleaner works great and takes all of 30 seconds per spool. No sense horsing around with an ultrasonic cleaner.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Cool find Sean! You may want to consider something like this for the splices.

HEAT-SHRINK BUTT SPLICES from Aircraft Spruce

Or solder and this.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...heatshrink.php
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Senior User

jsm180 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Gunk Hydroseal used to be a good cleaner, all you can get now is Hydroseal II, still good but won't pull paint like the original stuff. I use a glass jar big enough to hold the part and fill the jar with whatever cleaner I need. Set the jar in water in the ultrasonic tank, works great.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Avid Winter Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod View Post
Cool find Sean! You may want to consider something like this for the splices.

HEAT-SHRINK BUTT SPLICES from Aircraft Spruce

Or solder and this.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...heatshrink.php
What are you splicing? The connector is just the body, not a pigtail.

Sent from my Telegraph using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 PM