Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Senior User

AZAV8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Forrest Gump said it best: Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Ross, from the CL description the seller didn't do this "hack" job, he bought it like this so hopefully the cars in the background aren't facing the same fate.

Second, come on guys, this is a rat rod, you guys are making too much of this. Always picking on rat rods. What I've gotten lately when stating my opinion of rat rods as tetanus spreading death trap is rat rod=genius and I have no right to that opinion. Why are we so bias against rat rods? Detroit just has teams of engineers with decades, heck, combined centuries of experience, knowledge and equipment. Who is to say the guy with the pointy goatee, spikey hair, tattoos from head to toe with the upturned brim on his baseball cap isn't able to out do that and come up with a better performing, safer design building a vehicle in his back yard with a hammer and stick welder? We have to find the flowers among the weeds.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 07-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
Ross, from the CL description the seller didn't do this "hack" job, he bought it like this so hopefully the cars in the background aren't facing the same fate.

Second, come on guys, this is a rat rod, you guys are making too much of this. Always picking on rat rods. What I've gotten lately when stating my opinion of rat rods as tetanus spreading death trap is rat rod=genius and I have no right to that opinion. Why are we so bias against rat rods? Detroit just has teams of engineers with decades, heck, combined centuries of experience, knowledge and equipment. Who is to say the guy with the pointy goatee, spikey hair, tattoos from head to toe with the upturned brim on his baseball cap isn't able to out do that and come up with a better performing, safer design building a vehicle in his back yard with a hammer and stick welder? We have to find the flowers among the weeds.
Hoping you already passed any drug test for the new gig, Bob.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Duane, I'm just trying to be more open and accepting of all ideas.

Just because someone with little or no knowledge of how to safely build a two ton missile that has the potential of traveling 60-100 mph toward me or my family on the open highway, or the very least cause a bad case of tetanus if you get too close doesn't mean you have the right to make negative comments about it. That's just plain closed minded and hateful. Remember thoughts are worse than ill conceived harmful or deadly actions.

Remember, the vehicle being discussed had a person who thought this was a good idea and probably had at least one person that said something like "Totally righteous dude!" "F'ing awesome" and "That thing is sick!". Why I would ever want anything I do described as "sick" I don't know, but again, I'm being negative, I apologize.

And no, I haven't taken a drug test, yet. I'm pretty certain I'll pass. With a new job I have to adapt a new attitude to better get along with people.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 07-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Riiiiiiggggghhhttttt. Good luck with that.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:24 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Don't miss the cup, Bob!!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
With a new job I have to adapt a new attitude to better get along with people.
So how's that working out for ya Bob?

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Worse yet someone actually paid MONEY to buy this abomination from the original hacker, and now expects to find another SUCK... err DREAM... err (insert name for a stupid person: starts with as... ends with ...ole) to buy it. (Head slap smilie)

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks