1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truck Story time

Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Truck Story time

Hey guys, I know its been a while since I've been on but I do check in and read and "lurk" from time to time. I just got home from spending the weekend with homade. (if you ever get the chance don't miss out on that, he and his wonderful wife Linda are FINE folks) He was telling me the story of one of yall on here that took a trip with their newly built teardrop trailer and all the fun he had on the road and I got to thinking. We've all got stories of this sort that we could tell. So here it is a thread to tell your story about an interesting time to or from or at a show. It could be funny, inspiring, or just FUN but start telling them stories. (hopefully Lance will chime in with his story about riding with Tom AKA 48COE) Anyway, make sure its all in good fun if ya pick on another FTE member. I hope all is well wherever yall are right now on this road of life.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,598 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Hi Truxx, long time no hear from! Good to see that you are OK and still checking in from time to time.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,778 Likes on 1,819 Posts
Hey Truxx, nice hearing from you again.

Road trips are always fun. I've been on several in my truck, usually to destinations within the state within a roughly 250 mile radius. Its a lot of fun to caravan with a handful of other truck buddies.

Bobby

Old 07-15-2014, 06:50 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So far I have taken my truck almost two blocks! I didn't have enough transmission fluid in it and it wouldn't shift into 2nd. I came back home in reverse. Got it filled but still haven't driven it again, still fine tuning (wiring, door poppers, glass, wipers, etc.) since I only have time to work on it about an hour every month

Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Smoky Mt Trip

The wife and I took the panel on our first long trip , From Northeast Ga to Pigeon Forge . We where going to the Smoky Mountain F 100 show , I had found this site and after reading all the post about the show I thought it would be fun . I kept finding references about Truxx and his donut addiction So I brought a bag as a ice breaker. While we where driving through the Great Smoky Mountain parkway , we came to a overlook with about 7 or 8 old ford trucks parked . I noticed some of the trucks from pictures on this site , So we pulled in and went over to the gang of people standing around . I asked who was Truxx and handed him the bag of donuts . Everyone had a laugh and this was the start of some great times with some fine folks , that hang out on this site .

Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DR Smith
The wife and I took the panel on our first long trip , From Northeast Ga to Pigeon Forge . We where going to the Smoky Mountain F 100 show , I had found this site and after reading all the post about the show I thought it would be fun . I kept finding references about Truxx and his donut addiction So I brought a bag as a ice breaker. While we where driving through the Great Smoky Mountain parkway , we came to a overlook with about 7 or 8 old ford trucks parked . I noticed some of the trucks from pictures on this site , So we pulled in and went over to the gang of people standing around . I asked who was Truxx and handed him the bag of donuts . Everyone had a laugh and this was the start of some great times with some fine folks , that hang out on this site .
Yep, I remember that man. We had a blast with you guys. That year a LOT of funny stuff happened. I'm kinda waiting for some others to tell their part of that trip. Thanks for your's That was a good and memorable time. Miss all you guys. Just been really busy at work