Sponsored by:

new to the excursion world

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM
TomConnell
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the excursion world

hey guys. been lurking this site for a while now and finally decided to make an account. just turned 19 in may and bought myself a new toy hauler in addition to my 98 f150 4x4 4.6. a 2000 excursion limited 4X4 v10 with only 106075 miles!! the deal on this ex was too good to pass up. i was actually about to buy a dual sport bike, then this showed up at the shop i work at with a for sale sign. couldn't resist with a price tag of only $3800!!! IMO it was a steal and the fact that the guy always brings it in the our shop for work was a plus.
now it does need some minor work but nothing to worry about considering i work at my dads mechanic shop. anyway, here's my new toy...

i would rather have the tan interior than the grey but grey looks ok IMO

i did something i didnt know was possible and that was max out the gas pump at wawa. apparently they limit it to $125... and the gas attendant just looked at me in amazement on how much it took and the fact it could take more... lol

Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 818 Likes on 566 Posts
Welcome to the forums Tom!
Yeah, I've had to have the pump jockey swipe twice in NJ a few times, I always gas up when I'm in Jersey cause it's so much cheaper than here in PA.
That's a nice looking EX you've got there! Good luck with it and you have found the best place on the net for EX info and advice.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:26 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Wow, just wow. Congratulations on only being 19 and having a 4WD EX with only 106k miles you scored a fantastic bargain.

Welcome aboard, Tom.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
TomConnell
New User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Yeah, I've had to have the pump jockey swipe twice in NJ a few times, I always gas up when I'm in Jersey cause it's so much cheaper than here in PA.
That's a nice looking EX you've got there! Good luck with it and you have found the best place on the net for EX info and advice.
thanks man
"cheap" gas is probably one of the few things good in jersey lol
other then the fact the paint on the hood is chipping in the center i think its clean truck. if i can find some cash to do it i might get a cowel hood if i still like the look by then. it did need alittle work to make it road worthy again (brakes, rear diff cover) but that's because it sat still alot of its life

Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 PM
TomConnell
New User
Originally Posted by mecdac
Wow, just wow. Congratulations on only being 19 and having a 4WD EX with only 106k miles you scored a fantastic bargain.

Welcome aboard, Tom.

lol, thanks.
hes been a real good customer at my dads shop and he just wanted it gone so thats how i got a good deal.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TomConnell
lol, thanks.
hes been a real good customer at my dads shop and he just wanted it gone so thats how i got a good deal.
Proving once again, it's better to be lucky than good.

Right place right time, but you were able to take advantage.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM
TomConnell
New User
Originally Posted by mecdac
Proving once again, it's better to be lucky than good.

Right place right time, but you were able to take advantage.

absolutely!!
as for future mods i was thinking 3 or 4 gauges on the pillar or above mirror with a proper mount. any other mods i should do right away that you know of or like the idea of? i know im defiantly going to do the hellwig sway bar because im always towing and plan on bringing the quads over to west virgina to ride the Hatfield McCoy trails a few times

Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TomConnell
i would rather have the tan interior than the grey but grey looks ok IMO
I'm probably gonna end up with a tan interior and I like the grey better.
Wanna get together and trade sometime?

i did something i didnt know was possible and that was max out the gas pump at wawa. apparently they limit it to $125... and the gas attendant just looked at me in amazement on how much it took and the fact it could take more... lol
Yep. I max the authorization limit out on my Dodge all the time.
34 Gallons of Diesel.
I always go into the store and prepay so that I don't have to swipe twice. They sometimes don't hear me right when I ask for $140 in prepayment and only charge my credit card for $40.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:12 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Congrats! I was 19 when i bought my first Excursion. That was two Excursions ago...lol

very clean and low mile truck, reminds me a lot of my old 2000 limited black with grey interior.

I have to swipe twice a lot, only because the discounted fuel is only good for 25 or 35 gallons depending on the station i use. $150 a fill up is always fun!

Old 07-11-2014, 11:32 PM
00X7.3PSD
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Pump jockey

You got yourself an excellent deal.