Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2014, 02:31 PM
New User

mksmth is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 49 F1

Wanted to share my F1. The story goes like this. My grandfather did a full restoration on this truck back in the 90's. Only thing he didnt do himself was mount the tires on the rims. I was less than 10 years old when he finished it but every since then he had told me that when he it was time he would give it to me. So now its mine and it will be mine until its time for my son or grandson to have it. He and I are both member of the Early Ford V8 club Tulsa OK regional group.

these are the most recent photos I have. Right now I have been polishing the paint and chrome. Re-painted the grill and a few pieces here and there. Once I get it all done I all some new photos. Sorry I cropped the roof.
Click the image to open in full size.

mike
Old 07-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Very nice looking truck, Mike. Welcome to the forum. You may want to ad your approximate location.
What are the tabs on the lower part of the front bumper?
Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 PM
New User

Hey Ray. thanks. He and my grandmother traveled all of the over the country and sometimes the truck went with them behind the motor home. those are what the tow bar attached to. I took them off since I dont have plans to tow it. Ill add that information.

Mike
Old 07-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Handsome truck, Mike. I'm a sucker for the stock look. Glad that your family legacy lives on.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Welcome Mike! Beautiful truck, those trim rings look great on a black truck!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Postmaster

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE!

Gorgeous truck Mike. Is that bed cover homemade?

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
Old 07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Senior User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to FTE,

That is a very nice truck, your going to have a lot of fun with that one.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Senior User

Rocketman55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sweet truck and what a great family heirloom.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 AM
New User

Thanks everyone! It is a lot of fun. My grandfather had tons of early fords when i was kid so me and my siblings have grown up around them for ever. I love that now my kids will grow up with them. My daughters not to keen on it yet. She thinks it will break down because of how old it is. Lol.

Jolly, it is homemade. My son and i took it off. It was made of wood and super heavy.

Mike
Old 07-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Posting Guru

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
Beautiful truck, with a lot of family history to go along with it, which make it that much more special. Welcome to the site, it's nice to have you.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Posting Guru

Okiedokie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good looking truck. Great that you are keeping it in the family.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 PM
New User

I got it all polished and the grille repainted. Turned out pretty good i think. A big chunk of chrome flaked off the front bumber when i was polishing it. Ill need to get that fixed.
Mike
Old 07-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Postmaster

abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Paint the bumper black!

abe
FTE member since March '98
1954 F-100, bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12
Old 07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
New User

PRG3216 is starting off with a positive reputation.
great looking truck. Always liked how they look in black.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Beautiful truck.

Welcome to FTE.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks