1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuff like this make us all look bad..

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:23 AM
sammy77
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see nothing humorous in it at all.. Actually pretty darned sophomoric..

Old 07-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Now we just have to wait for the police to start cracking down on pickup trucks. That's whats next.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:22 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406
Now we just have to wait for the police to start cracking down on pickup trucks. That's whats next.
In lots of states they already are. In the New England area trucks bigger than a 3/4 ton are banned on a lot of city streets. I know, to each their own(I love the sound of a Mustang tearing through the gears), but I find the diesels like that just as annoying as those weedeater sounding 4 cylinders with the tailpipes as big as a trash can. The Cummins guys are the worst around here. Cruising through parking lots and downtown winding it up and making as much noise and blowing as much smoke as possible.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
All of the attention the diesel owners are giving the news article is not helping either...

Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Just like the "ricers" but with trucks.

If you want to "roll coal" do it offroad or on some remote back road. Guys like me whom actually use their truck to tow, haul, for business and etc don't like to have blake smoke blown all over their trucks and espcially on their windshields.

I got behind a guy at a stop light in a Dodge with a short stack which was below the cab top. When the light turned green smoke dumped on my windshield of my truck and I had a hard time seeing. To make matters worse it must have been a manual because everytime the poser shifted the truck lost several mph and I had to try and see through smoke not to run into him. We have enough jackasses to deal with on the road, we don't need to deal with this crap too.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:58 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
AND THE POINT OF THIS VIDEO IS??????? So because we live in the US we cant have anything but clean burning water vapor cars now? But ever other country and island around the world can drive 1940's vehicles that leak oil trans fluid and old diesels that blow unburnt fuel......... so all these guys who have non street legal drag cars oval track cars whatever are now the only ones who can have a "polluting" vehicle? Im not about driving around with a tuned diesel and blowing smoke on vehicles and people but other than that who cares! What are we going to do stop all vehicles old caol powered trains diesel trains old buses trucks cars lawmowers whatever and they can ony sit after someone restores them....... come on now

Old 07-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
AND THE POINT OF THIS VIDEO IS??????? So because we live in the US we cant have anything but clean burning water vapor cars now? But ever other country and island around the world can drive 1940's vehicles that leak oil trans fluid and old diesels that blow unburnt fuel......... so all these guys who have non street legal drag cars oval track cars whatever are now the only ones who can have a "polluting" vehicle? Im not about driving around with a tuned diesel and blowing smoke on vehicles and people but other than that who cares! What are we going to do stop all vehicles old caol powered trains diesel trains old buses trucks cars lawmowers whatever and they can ony sit after someone restores them....... come on now
I'm not aware of anyplace in the USA where it is illegal to drive your smoking, leaking 1940's vehicle.. Usually they are immune to legislation regarding pollutants etc..
Now to modify your new(er) vehicle to emit additional pollutants (and in this case those pollutants are extreme), I think that the law should step in and require some sort of compliance.
Don't get me wrong - I am not a tree hugger. I've been a racer all my life, but my race cars were kept on the track or trailer where they belonged. If I drove any of them on the street, it was a very short distance and not so as to make myself a nusance to normal every day life.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
....... come on now
They can do whatever they want to. And I'm perfectly free to highlight their phallic deficiency, and also to wonder which gene mutation turned them into mouth-breathing mattress stains who think social media is the perfect place to highlight their severely lacking IQ.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
They can do whatever they want to. And I'm perfectly free to highlight their phallic deficiency, and also to wonder which gene mutation turned them into mouth-breathing mattress stains who think social media is the perfect place to highlight their severely lacking IQ.
LOL... Coffee right out the nose on that one....

Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
so all these guys who have non street legal drag cars oval track cars whatever are now the only ones who can have a "polluting vehicle?"
For me it isn't about the polluting or someone wanting to blow some black smoke every now and then, it's about the idiots behind the wheel of most of them that ruin it for everyone else. We(classic car crowd) used to be able to cruise down town, park, chat with our buddies, etc, until the rice burner and diesel fools(not all diesel owners are fools, but the ones I am referring to are) started cruising there too. But they had to come down there blowing smoke(from mouth and vehicle), spinning their tires, running it wide open in first gear, revving it wide open at red lights, hollering like idiots and getting the law called and running everyone off. Now we can't even park there anymore and have to get written city approval to even have a gathering of cars there. So we just started parking in the Kmart parking lot, but now those same idiots can't park in a parking lot like normal people. They have to be turning donuts, making as much noise as possible and acting just like the kind of people Bryan described.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Hahahahahaha

Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I'm not aware of anyplace in the USA where it is illegal to drive your smoking, leaking 1940's vehicle.. Usually they are immune to legislation regarding pollutants etc..
Now to modify your new(er) vehicle to emit additional pollutants (and in this case those pollutants are extreme), I think that the law should step in and require some sort of compliance.
Don't get me wrong - I am not a tree hugger. I've been a racer all my life, but my race cars were kept on the track or trailer where they belonged. If I drove any of them on the street, it was a very short distance and not so as to make myself a nusance to normal every day life.
I sure hope my Mustang isn't considered a new(er) vehicle.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Kdr358
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its getting pretty obnoxious here in IL also. They have an EPA checkpoint right now in Winnetka IL. They are stopping ALL diesels and doing roadside inspections. Semi's to VW jettas.

They are looking for "Soot levels" and gathering data for new emissions regulations on diesels. They were focused on Pickups with Stacks or a large exhaust or soot on the side of the bed from "coal". They even stopped the CA Clean idle certified rigs.

If you have a stock truck they usually wave you through. If told to pull into the "test area" by the State police they do an inspection looking for catalytic converters where apply and doing a Snap test.

They flagged me down in My Bosses 12 F550 6.7L bucket truck and did a full roadside inspection including a snap test on a completely stock work truck.

Expect much stricter regulation on Diesel emissions in the near future.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:57 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
I sure hope my Mustang isn't considered a new(er) vehicle.
We are moving to Virginia next week and I was worried about my mustang since they are pretty strict with their emissions there and mine wouldn't even come close to passing it. I was pleased to find out that if you tag them as an antique and they are over 25 years old(mine is an 83) they are exempt from inspections.

Quick Reply: Stuff like this make us all look bad..