Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Freshman User

sr23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's the most idiotic thing you've been told about excursions

I pulled into a lot in my ex, parked out far near an f250. Owner was coming out to his pickup as we were going in. Somehow, we started chatting. He asked what the Ex saw for mps. After stating the average and that it was a diesel, he proceeded to tell me the Ex was never offered with a diesel, let alone the 7.3. Honestly, I'm shocked at the amount of people who know so little about excursions. Starting to feel like a walking billboard for the Ford excursion.

This gets me wondering, what's the most stereotypical thing you have been told about your ex, or even the most idiotic thing
Old 07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant futureApocalypse has a brilliant future
llittle_llama
I've been told on more than one occasion that it isn't built on a truck chassis. They never elaborate on what chassis it is built on but it for sure isn't a truck chassis. Personally I think it's the smart car chassis
WANT TO BUY: 2003-2005 Excursion 4x4 6.0 Limited or EB in perfect condition. Less than 75k miles, rear captains seats and already bulletproofed. Prefer red, but CANNOT be white. Looking to spend less than 5K email me at BWAHAHAHAROTFLMAO@yahoo.com
Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Freshman User

Boog2001 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr23 View Post
I pulled into a lot in my ex, parked out far near an f250. Owner was coming out to his pickup as we were going in. Somehow, we started chatting. He asked what the Ex saw for mps. After stating the average and that it was a diesel, he proceeded to tell me the Ex was never offered with a diesel, let alone the 7.3. Honestly, I'm shocked at the amount of people who know so little about excursions. Starting to feel like a walking billboard for the Ford excursion.

This gets me wondering, what's the most stereotypical thing you have been told about your ex, or even the most idiotic thing
That's the kind of person you make a nice wager with...easy money!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Freshman User

03prerunner is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been asked by three different people if mine came like this stock from Ford.
2003 V10, powerdyne SC, Borla headers & exhaust, 8" Camburg long travel lift, Rancho RS9000's, Daystar bump stops, limiting straps, 37" Procomp Xtreme AT, fiberglass baja fenders & hood, ARB air locker, Kodiak Sidewinder steps, ORU bumpers, Lightforce HID's, Hitec trans & diff covers
Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior User

kennisonxgs is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm told it gets poor mileage. Daily. By my wife.
I always have to inform her that I use only 1 gallon per day.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Freshman User

WoundedVet is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a fuel-station attendance run out and try to save me from putting diesel in mine (really nice, actually). When I explained it was a diesel engine, they marveled at such a vehicle and inquired if I had it custom made from Ford

I think they were honestly mistaking it for the Expedition, which happens more than I care to admit.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Senior User

Deno346 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Me - 2003 Ex Limited V10
Douche - 2012 MBZ SLS

Douche: Gas or Diesel?
Me: Gas

Douche: Whoa! What 8,9,10 miles per gallon? How can you afford to drive that thing?

Me: Seriously? You drive an SLS, 150k and crappy fuel economy.. It's all relative bro...

Definitely judged that book by its cover..

Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
I don't know why FORD stopped making them?

and...

I heard FORD is going to make them again!
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 07-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Brent makes up some pretty wild stories about them.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Senior User

f150crewcab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.f150crewcab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
1. It's bad for the environment.
2. "Sell it," says my DW every time something breaks.
2005 Excursion 6.0L EB: 5" MBRP, Glo-Shift 3n1 Pyrometer-FP-Boost, Fumoto, blue spring, ELC, coolant filter, Hawk LTS/Wagner SD, NAPA Ultra rotors, Rancho 9000's, V/B springs, SGII, Prodigy P2, eclipse nav, parrot bluetooth
1971 F-100; 1958 F-100 (project); 1940 Ford Super Deluxe 4dr (project)
2006 Kodiak Skamper hybrid 236
Old 07-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Senior User

BigBlkEX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
At shell and guy goes WOOOOOO how can you afford that

Me idk I just do! Haha ( fool dont need to know my financial situation)

Guy how much does that cost to fill up

Me on E about 150.00

Guy WHAT !!?? How long does it last you ?

Me about 8 days of work

Guy OMG!! How do you afford that what do you

Me am a stripper

Guy ohohoh ok and hes wife turns around and just gave that look

Me priceless! Hahaha
Pro Comp 4in lift ES9000shocks
Pro comp steering stabilizer
This is just the beginning
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post
Brent makes up some pretty wild stories about them.

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
I've been told on more than one occasion that it isn't built on a truck chassis. They never elaborate on what chassis it is built on but it for sure isn't a truck chassis. Personally I think it's the smart car chassis
Correct me guys if I'm wrong...but it's not a SuperDuty chassis, so if by "truck" they are only thinking the F250/350, then I guess if you squint and tilt your head you can say you see their point as the Excursion frame is it's own monster.

F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Posting Guru

Him: What's that get for mileage?
Me: On a good day 10mpg.
Him: Oh, that's not bad!

...??? I'd hate to see his definition of bad mileage!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Senior User

superdave02f552 has a great reputation on FTE.superdave02f552 has a great reputation on FTE.superdave02f552 has a great reputation on FTE.superdave02f552 has a great reputation on FTE.superdave02f552 has a great reputation on FTE.
That people like me that drive trucks like "that" are what's wrong with America
FTEMaB9

Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 PM