Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the most idiotic thing you've been told about excursions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Also I was in a rant and prior to seeing where this has thread had went I had PM'D Brent and said it was nice to see we could give one another some shizzz and not get offended I formally retract that statement

Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Mr.Nobody
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Nobody is claiming it's the end-all-be-all.

Stewart
That S is the end-all-be-all!

I actually don't have much of an opinion on the matter, as my Ex has a stock rear sway bar. Probably part of a tow package or something. That being said, I have no idea what it would be like without it. The truck does sway, so the sway bar must be working. Now if I could just get a swing bar, because that would be way cooler.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by superdave02f552

3. 2. 1. Stewart has to lock it down would be my guess thanks have a great night Brent

In a sick twisted method he is trying to lock down threads and limit thought, specifically thought that differs from him.

Good luck.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:25 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Brent we all understand that you have added a sway bar to other vehicles and disliked how it threw you from one side to the other WHILE helping in the corners. So seeing as you have never installed one on a X forget all the the other cars you HAVE used one on and give us your exact X related proof that they do more harm then Good in given situations you have stated. While I respect your opinions but some of the statements you make pertaining to equipment that you have never used are invalid.

Example what if I were to say the ford pinto was the best car ever made hands down what would you say? Nothing positive some form of slam to my personal knowledge and justify that you are right and I'm wrong.

I joined this forum in January and HAVE seen some useful input from you but the majority are stated in a negative fashion. Take a step back see where the issue starts in some of these threads. Sit down and realize your angry that not everyone shares your "values" or views and that they don't have to. We started this thread while good genuine talk and real world experience and you have been the mountain troll again causing it to be shut down.

3. 2. 1. Stewart has to lock it down would be my guess thanks have a great night Brent
I hate to say it but the problem is that 90% of the people in here have no mechanical experience but they post anyway which is none of my business but then it leads to opposing my views and takes a twist from there.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Also I was in a rant and prior to seeing where this has thread had went I had PM'D Brent and said it was nice to see we could give one another some shizzz and not get offended I formally retract that statement
Whatever, that's your prerogative.........makes no sense to me.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver

Who was offended?

Very interesting.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by EXv10
I hate to say it but the problem is that 90% of the people in here have no mechanical experience but they post anyway which is none of my business but then it leads to opposing my views and takes a twist from there.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:44 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
You guys are all a little crazy, and I must be to for adding to this thread.

My 03 Ex has the stock sway bar, and I could not imagine not having it. Yes it could impact articulation of my suspension while off roading, but that is a trade off that I am willing to have, as my Ex spends 90% of its life on the road. I do know that my Ex is comfortable in cornering, it is not a sports car, but I do have confidence in throwing it into a corner at speed. I am so confident in how it handles, I find myself getting frustrated when other drivers are slowing down for those corners... So, is the ride and performance directly influenced by the sway bar? Honestly, I really don't know, but one thing I do know, is that I will not be taking it off, as I like how my Ex handles and I will not be doing anything that might just negatively impact it.

Now a word of advice for the rest of you, this is a great community we have here, so please, share your opinions, but keep the negativity, name calling, and overall butt headedness to yourselves.

Thank you!

Old 07-18-2014, 10:48 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Oh, I am going to do this before someone else...but in a different fashion.

"I am done with this thread."

It's off topic from the OP.

I am going to bed.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
On your best days, you're a hack. You're no expert. The Ford engineers are experts. Your truck keeps going despite the things you do, not because of them. Kudos to Ford.

Objectively defend your argument. Oh that's right, you can't. I've read your crap for years, and mostly shake my head.

Its really funny when you get backed into a corner, and do your best to latch onto someone else with a patronizing compliment. How pathetic.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
You guys are all a little crazy, and I must be to for adding to this thread.

My 03 Ex has the stock sway bar, and I could not imagine not having it. Yes it could impact articulation of my suspension while off roading, but that is a trade off that I am willing to have, as my Ex spends 90% of its life on the road. I do know that my Ex is comfortable in cornering, it is not a sports car, but I do have confidence in throwing it into a corner at speed. I am so confident in how it handles, I find myself getting frustrated when other drivers are slowing down for those corners... So, is the ride and performance directly influenced by the sway bar? Honestly, I really don't know, but one thing I do know, is that I will not be taking it off, as I like how my Ex handles and I will not be doing anything that might just negatively impact it.

Now a word of advice for the rest of you, this is a great community we have here, so please, share your opinions, but keep the negativity, name calling, and overall butt headedness to yourselves.

Thank you!
You won't see me calling names or swearing, I just get accused of drama. News flash! I will change my statement from absolutely useless to "ranging from useless to a barely noticeable difference that has no effect on your quality of life"

USCG, your truck was never in the same category as the posts, you can probably benefit from the rear sway bar.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
The "I'm done with this thread" is classic. Typically the thread was done with you long beforehand. LOL

Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by william_04_x
On your best days, you're a hack. You're no expert. The Ford engineers are experts. Your truck keeps going despite the things you do, not because of them. Kudos to Ford.

Objectively defend your argument. Oh that's right, you can't. I've read your crap for years, and mostly shake my head.

Its really funny when you get backed into a corner, and do your best to latch onto someone else with a patronizing compliment. How pathetic.
You will get it closed if anyone does but if it stays open somebody might learn something............so mellow out.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:02 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
You won't see me calling names or swearing, I just get accused of drama. News flash! I will change my statement from absolutely useless to "ranging from useless to a barely noticeable difference that has no effect on your quality of life"

USCG, your truck was never in the same category as the posts, you can probably benefit from the rear sway bar.
Hope you were not taking my statement as a personal attack, people here seem to get their dander up in a hurry about somethings, and I just do not understand the drama. I mean, we are for the most part grown adults, and some part of all of us is the same in the fact that we bought and enjoy our Excursions. I understand that we are all individuals, and we have opinions, which will differ, I just don't understand the negativity.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:13 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Hope you were not taking my statement as a personal attack, people here seem to get their dander up in a hurry about somethings, and I just do not understand the drama. I mean, we are for the most part grown adults, and some part of all of us is the same in the fact that we bought and enjoy our Excursions. I understand that we are all individuals, and we have opinions, which will differ, I just don't understand the negativity.
I only get accused of drama but all I do is try to help everyone with my experience and instead of appreciating it they often want to turn it into a confrontation and I am not one to let people walk on me so it's a vicious cycle.
I don't understand the negativity either and not everyone is like that.

You have always been real.

Quick Reply: What's the most idiotic thing you've been told about excursions