1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The crap hit the ...

Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM
fun-ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crap hit the ...

So I had a couple of days off but the wife had to work,so I hooked the teardrop to the 54 and took a little road trip.First to John Kasse's shop in Winder GA to drool on the Boss 429s,then to Dallas Ga to check out a buddy's 69 F100 project and camp for the night.Next morning over to Doraville's to check out his F1.Left Dallas heading to Honest Charley/Coker tire in Chattanooga, cruising up the interstate about 75 ,windows down just enjoying the ride .Then BAM ,a cardinal committed suicide on my open vent window,feathers ,guts and other stuff exploded into the cab,and on me.I am trying to drive,don't really know what happened for a few seconds, pull off asap stuff is up the windshield,across the headliner ,on the back glass and pass door panel,and a dead bird in the pass seat.I called my buddys to tell them what happened,they cried,not because they felt bad,but because they were laughing so hard.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM
wallster
Elder User
ick!

Wally

Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Sad for the bird but I am laughing too, Kevin. Be thankful it wasn't a turkey or buzzard.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:48 AM
fun-ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by raytasch
Sad for the bird but I am laughing too, Kevin. Be thankful it wasn't a turkey or buzzard.
Yeah ,kinda funny now,not so much at the time.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by raytasch
Or one of those giant Canada Goose that are getting to be such a nuisance and have taken down a couple planes! Also be glad the wife wasn't sitting in the passenger's seat at the time!!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 10:25 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by fun-ford
Yeah ,kinda funny now,not so much at the time.
Remember, tragedy+time=humor.

I thought it was bad the couple of times damn bees hit my vent window and landed in my lap. They were stunned but not dead and started to come back to life fairly quickly. Never had a bird hit my truck anywhere.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:28 AM
wallster
Elder User
Yeah, a turkey! My wife hit a turkey about ten years ago in a brand new jeep Liberty and it took out her grill, radiator, condenser, and a bunch of plastic mounts and brackets (she said it look like she hit a feather pillow). It really could have been worse! (still sounds like it was not only disgusting but down right frightening at the same time).

Wally

Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
fun-ford
Senior User
yeah,no real damage done. The next morning as I was getting my wallet ,keys etc off the nightstand,I found a few more red feathers.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Many years ago I was traveling alone on highway at night and practically nodding off. Not for long..

Suddenly a huge Missouri deer ran right to left just across the front of the hood, missed it by only a foot if that. A second later the huge dog that was chasing came into view, and was not so lucky, watched his head explode against the hood. Try to avoid driving at night.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Hey!! YUCK!!!!!! Sadly I read this right after lunch For once we DO NOT want pics.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Kevin my friend that is a case of true misfortune. I was in my 55' this past weekend as well but the trip was not as eventful as yours... Glad it worked out

Old 07-08-2014, 03:35 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, I've had a few things come into the cab but nothing like that, you know us old folks bladders arn't what they used to be. I actually pissed my pants, something I don't ever remember doing, I have never laughed so hard in all my life. You didn't hurt the teardrop did you, I sure would like to hook one of those up to Homade some day, a real thing of beauty, by the way---STILL LAUGHING.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:45 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We hit a Canadian goose in a piper warrior once leaving Dupage airport it hung on the wing until we landed two hours later a huge dent in the wing and we were happy it didn't hit the wind shield. Hope you got the mess cleaned up

Old 07-08-2014, 04:02 PM
fun-ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by homade
Kevin, I've had a few things come into the cab but nothing like that, you know us old folks bladders arn't what they used to be. I actually pissed my pants, something I don't ever remember doing, I have never laughed so hard in all my life. You didn't hurt the teardrop did you, I sure would like to hook one of those up to Homade some day, a real thing of beauty, by the way---STILL LAUGHING.
Gary-eww ,that may be worse than what the bird did. and no the teardrop did not get hurt.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Holehawgg
Senior User
Now that you've got the little bird out of the way now your ready to try a duck at 65 mph. They just explode when they hit the back of the cab. So many feathers you cant see out the windshield from the inside, and the stink..... Its funny to look back but I found feathers for 2 years after that until I sold the truck. Oh ya... they leave a bad bruise too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The crap hit the ...