Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
any interest in a 254 Big Six Flathead ?

Ok. So ive had this engine sitting under the carport for over a year now with intentions of doing something with it. It came in a 1951 f6 truck, it had been rebuilt at some point in time. (Bores are .040 over) the farmer was hauling grain when the valve broke off at the stem and punched a hole in the top of the #1 piston. There is a slight score in the cylinder wall but could probably be honed and find a new or used piston and rings and put it back together for a runner or complete teardown and bore to 50 or 60 over or sleave #1 and keep it all 40 over. ????
The po had pulled the pan to remove the rod and piston. And all i have done is pull the head. Its a complete engine carb (i think ive got the oil bath air cleaner) to pan, fan to flywheel.

Im thinking of doing the classifieds section or maybe ebay.? If nobody here is interested?

Im not selling anything on this forum, even if it sounds like i am. only feeling out if anyone here is even interested in a hard to come by engine before going to other means to move it along.
Feel free to pm me or send an email if anyone is interested or has questions
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Posting Guru

38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.
First, I am personally not interested but only because I already have a rebuildable M six cylinder taking up space. I think this is a great engine for anyone with a flathead six in their truck (or car). Someone should take you up on this.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
Geez, Josh, Do I need to send more for the 254? Would like one for my F6.
The rest are just average.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
check out this T Roadster with a 254 six in it! found on the Hamb
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by havi View Post
Geez, Josh, Do I need to send more for the 254? Would like one for my F6.
All you gotta do is push it across the hall when no one's looking...

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Freshman User

nsboyd1210 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe the 226 and 254 are identical with the exception of bore. If so, the 254 would be a nice upgrade for those out there with the 226.

Nelson
Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
All you gotta do is push it across the hall when no one's looking...
Sounds like a plan! lol
The rest are just average.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Freshman User

230thdratsab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmadsen View Post
Ok. So ive had this engine sitting under the carport for over a year now with intentions of doing something with it. It came in a 1951 f6 truck, it had been rebuilt at some point in time. (Bores are .040 over) the farmer was hauling grain when the valve broke off at the stem and punched a hole in the top of the #1 piston. There is a slight score in the cylinder wall but could probably be honed and find a new or used piston and rings and put it back together for a runner or complete teardown and bore to 50 or 60 over or sleave #1 and keep it all 40 over. ????
The po had pulled the pan to remove the rod and piston. And all i have done is pull the head. Its a complete engine carb (i think ive got the oil bath air cleaner) to pan, fan to flywheel.

Im thinking of doing the classifieds section or maybe ebay.? If nobody here is interested?

Im not selling anything on this forum, even if it sounds like i am. only feeling out if anyone here is even interested in a hard to come by engine before going to other means to move it along.
Feel free to pm me or send an email if anyone is interested or has questions
I think we've talked about this before, but I'm still interested in your 254. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230thdratsab View Post
I think we've talked about this before, but I'm still interested in your 254. Thanks.
Sorry, its long gone, I rolled it across the hall.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Freshman User

230thdratsab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks none the less. Be well.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:57 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks