Sponsored by:

Build: 2000 f250 Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build: 2000 f250 Super Duty

This is also posted in the super duty forum but i figured i might get more support here . I will be writing this up and adding to it as i go with pictures of the projects that i do on the truck, also updates of break downs, off road adventures, and trips. I got the truck for my 16th birthday, My brother bought it brand new and drove it till 2005 when he sold it to the construction company my dad and him worked at. My dad used it as his work truck till 2010 and then bought it from the company for 3k. Then it was given to me shortly after. When i got the truck it was bone stock besides having an A.R.E topper. Sadly i have to pictures of the truck stock to compare it to but i have tons of pictures now. Let me know what you think of my mods as i do them as well as the ones i have already done. Suggestions always welcome! Thanks for reading.

Specs:
-2000 F250
-Red
-Regular cab
-Long box
-5 speed manual
-2v 5.4l 3000k as of 7/2/2014
-Rebuild at about 300k

Current Mods:
-Rear shackle flip
-Leveled
-3.5'' of lift total
-35x12.5x16 Nitto Mud Grapplers
-16'' Raceline Renagade wheels
-Fender Flares
-Windows tinted 5%
-Ceiling Mounted CB
-Dual bed mounted Whips
-Stock exhaust pipe with Magnaflow cat and Flowmaster Super 10 muffler 5'' tip exiting before rear tire
-Front sway bar removed
-Mossy Oak seat covers

Future Mods:

- Pro comp 6'' leaf springs all around
-Pro comp or fox shocks all around
-50'' roof mounted light bar
-Flush mounted Led's in rear bumper for backing up in trails
-Drop track bar
-extended brake lines
-Gear to 4.88 from 4.10
-Air lock front and rear
-Black tool box
-Viair on board air
-New updated bed, tail gate and bumper
-Fix door rust
-Fix exhaust by buying mandrel bent pipe
-BBK shorty headers
-5 star tuning with sct 5015
-Black out bumper's, Grill, and badges
-Possibly Cold air intake but its low on the list for a reason

Flexing on a little hill in my driveway

CB in cab with homeade mount

As of 7/2/2014

Flexing on small hill

Old 07-06-2014, 04:01 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Update 7/6/2014

Mod: "Angry Eyes"

I first mocked them up with masking tape and painted the tape black. Measuring one side to match the other so they are exactly the same. Once i realized i liked them i reversed the tape and left the area to be painted un covered. I used Dupli-Color Black Enamal. I have used head light paint on tint and it has always left a purple color and i was going for a pure black look. I drove at night and it doesnt seam to make my headlights any dimmer than they already are.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
So far you've go a nice handle on your project. What's the overall plan for it? DD but weekend warrior? With a 6" lift I recommend dual stabilizers once you step up the tire size again.
Don't worry about dropping the track bar the angle looks good for now (from what I can tell anyway) and when you do lift it the kit should come with a drop pitman any way.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a cool project. What's the plans as far as use? Look forward to the finished product!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99
Looks like a cool project. What's the plans as far as use? Look forward to the finished product!
Thanks alot. My plans are to have semi road driven offroad truck. Id like to go for kind of a recovory vehicle. I have always been able to pull jeeps and smaller offroad vehicles out so easy because of the weight. Id like a tool box full of tools and an air compressor for break downs and led's to light up the bed area for a work place in the dark if something breaks on someones rig. Im not a big fan of huge winch bumpers but i will probobly be blacking mine out and blacking out all badges besides the hood and bumper ovals and going to a pick your own parts yard soon to get a tail gate and rear bumper to make it look nicer until i can afford a 2008 and up bed swap. And thanks john2001 for the stabalizer idea. I actually had one stabalizer on the front but about a week ago i noticed the hole case of the shock was rusted through so i went to pull it off and the whole rod and case was rusted in half and only one small bit of metal was left holding it on to the mount. Ive had sloppy steering for awhile now so its prolly been shot for a long time. Im pretty used to the steering but if its bad i will deffinitly atleast be getting a new stabalizer.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:02 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by JOHN2001
So far you've go a nice handle on your project. What's the overall plan for it? DD but weekend warrior? With a 6" lift I recommend dual stabilizers once you step up the tire size again.
Don't worry about dropping the track bar the angle looks good for now (from what I can tell anyway) and when you do lift it the kit should come with a drop pitman any way.
I see you had laddar bars on your truck. do you have any pictures? i get some bad wheelhop in sand and i have been wanting to build some. Did you ever do any offroading and notice any binding?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Yeah I built mine out of some piping we had at the shop I used to work for. Ill see if I can find my build thread and link it for you. I built my SD as a bogger/DD. I didn't have much axle wrap when I had my 36x14.5s on the truck but when I stepped up to 38x15.5s and added some more power the wrap was bad then I ended up blowing my spider gears apart in the D50. Not because of axle wrap either obviously https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-pictures.html

Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Metalbender69
New User
good looking truck. like the headlight idea

Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Any new updates yet?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:22 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by JOHN2001
Any new updates yet?
No sorry no new updates yet, i am in the process of getting financed for a new quad and im kind of just saving all my money in case they need a down payment. But when thats all done i think my first purchase will be a tool box and onboard air system as that seems to be what will get the most use right now. Thanks for being interested in my build though!

Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Update: 8/3/2014
Mod: Tractor supply low profile tool box

I decided to go ahead and buy a tool box this weekend, it is a cheaper tool box compared to some of the $700 ones i was looking at but it will get the job done.

I like how it looks with my cb antennas (i broke one off in the trails so i cant show you the new location yet) i had decided to move them out further so they look a little wider.

I am a little dissapointed that i bought the one for full size trucks but it seems a little small but its good enough for now. My plans are to mount an on board air system inside it and maybe some lights and different compartments. I will also be using some roll on bedliner inside of it to protect it. but here is how it is for now

new tool box

new tool box

new tool box

Old 08-05-2014, 04:03 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
update: 8/5/2014
Mod: Dupli-color bed armor

I've had alot of new rock chips since i got my tires and i am getting sick of them. Had some under the door rust and damage from an accident to cover up as well.

Review:
Product went on very thin and took many coats. its been almost 24 hours and it still seems pretty soft. I will give a better review in the weeks to come

Let me tell you taping off these lines was not easy and my body lines from cab to box where off from the box sagging due to rusty mounts but i feel i did the best i could. I roughed the surface and sanded down the rust and chip spots with 120 grit sand paper. Then i applied some rustoleum primer to prevent the rust from spreading. Then roughed it with the pad that came with the kit and began to apply. I pretty much just worked my way front to back in sections placing a fan on the section previous to the one i was working on and did this over and over until it covered good. Id say about 7 coats. THIS STUFF IS VERY THIN. cover your garage floor very well or do this outside because at first it wants to fall right off. I know that the damage on the box still looks bad but this is alot cheaper than a box and once i get a new bumper it shouldnt look to bad. Ok that's alot to read sorry for rambling but im actually pretty excited about this mod as it makes the truck look a little more durable as well as actually making it more durable. Here are some pictures of the process.

BEFORE

Crooked body lines. This part is hard i had my girlfriend help she has a pretty good eye.

Sanding. yeah i hated this part it just didnt feel right haha.

Then came the primer

Here is the damage i had to cover.

After of the damaged side, still need a new bumper

AFTER

Old 09-01-2014, 11:13 AM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Update

Tailgate fell of in the trails this weekend, then i backed over it hahaha. Im glad it didnt pop my tire but now im looking at some of those nets. Anyone ever had one? I actually kind of hate them but it will look better than no tailgate.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 AM
ozdatman
Senior User
Would get rid of a bit of weight as well

Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
When running no tailgate theres nothing to hold the bed rails up. I don't know how picky the SDs are because I always had a tailgate on mine. Over time the wind pushing on the side of the rail will bow the bed rails together at the top. If you're going to run with no tailgate shove a 2x4 in there at the top to keep it from boeing in.

Quick Reply: Build: 2000 f250 Super Duty