Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Elder User

rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.
O.T. Woodies on the Wharf Pictures

As some of you aready know, I got the old family wagon running after 50yr hibernation in the garage, and drove it to the 20th Woodies on the Wharf in Santa Cruz Calif.
Here's your pictures...enjoy
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Great pictures thanks for posting them, you have a real gem there.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:38 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
I'm surprised how large an area there is over the windshield, are they different than cars in that respect? Looks like a "brow".
Old 07-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Senior User

Skalywag is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thats the most woodies I have ever seen in one spot. And, yours is a real survivor. I think all of the wagons had that high roof line.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
What great pictures! How far away from home was it, and what did you have to do to get that family wagon running? Very, very cool that you drove it there in 'garage condition'.
'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Wow, your car looks completely original. How long did it sit in the garage? And thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Super pics. What a great bunch of cars, yours included.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Elder User

rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
What great pictures! How far away from home was it, and what did you have to do to get that family wagon running? Very, very cool that you drove it there in 'garage condition'.
It was about 60 miles from home.
To get it running....found that the engine was free after cutting the fan belts off the frozen water pumps. Oil looked good (no water) ... pulled the plugs and gave all the cylinders a dose of marvel mystery oil, pulled the radiator to have re-cored while the engine was soaking. Pulled the starter to free up the gear ... replace fuel lines, hoses, inspect fuel tank .... hook up a battery and wow! It started.
So after I know it runs .... replace plugs,points,condenser,cap,rotor,wires,belts,hoses ... all brake lines and hoses, master cylinder, wheel cylinders ... r and r trans. & diff. Fluid...oh and put some used radials on to replace the scary looking bias plys.
I think that's about all I have done to it.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
Wow, your car looks completely original. How long did it sit in the garage? And thanks for sharing the pics!
The car was parked in 1964 ... so it had a 50 year nap before it had to drive to Santa Cruz.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrelic View Post
The car was parked in 1964 ... so it had a 50 year nap before it had to drive to Santa Cruz.
That is a great story! Sounds like a fantastic family heirloom that you have brought back to life. Congats
Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Elder User

r_reed has a great reputation on FTE.r_reed has a great reputation on FTE.r_reed has a great reputation on FTE.r_reed has a great reputation on FTE.
what a great history and what a nice survivor. i'll bet it got more attention than the restored cars. nice save. dick r.

Dick R., East Glenville, NY
49 F-1: Flatrod II (flat motor, flat paint)
Keeping one more flathead alive
It smoked, but gave it up 7/27/2013
Old 07-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
That is a great story! Sounds like a fantastic family heirloom that you have brought back to life. Congats
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_reed View Post
what a great history and what a nice survivor. i'll bet it got more attention than the restored cars. nice save. dick r.
Thanks guys, my parents, sister and I had a great time talking to all the people about our family wagon. My sister remembers picknic' s on the tailgate....I heard my Mom telling about camping in the wagon .. my sister slept on the front seat and they had a mattress in back.
I was 2 when it was parked so my memories are seeing it in the garage with so much stuff in it , under it, and on it that you really had to look to know it was there.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:17 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
What a fantastic car, I really miss all station wagons, especially Woodies. I guess they were replaced by the mini van, not a very good trade off in my opinion. That said, that looks like a great event. Fun for the whole family, cool cars, the pier, the board walk, the ocean, it doesn't get much better than that. I never knew that there were so many Woodies still around. Thank you for sharing the fun, and your cars history.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Wow, those are some great pictures. Fantastic story on your wagon. Congratulations on bringing her back.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Ina Ford
Awesome! simply awesome!
The rest are just average.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM