Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
AMERICA - Happy Birthday!

On this 4th of July I reflect on what this country means to me. As I work on my various projects I think about the American workers in Detroit bringing together the raw materials to create the vehicles that I so lovingly keep alive. I am very proud of this country and the contributions that Americans have made to the world. The wife and I watched the new movie "AMERICA" yesterday and it really reinforced my beliefs about this country and the character of its people. Liberal or Conservative, Democrat or Republican I encourage all to see this movie...take a young person with you when you do, they need to know who makes this country great and why so many sacrifice today to keep it that way.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Postmaster

jniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to beholdjniolon is a splendid one to behold
Good words Chuck and I agree completely...

everyone needs to work today... work at have a fun SAFE Independence Day and remember what is celebrated today... God Bless America ...with all her scars and warts !!!!!

john
Old 07-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
I too am very proud to be an American. Still the best country on earth!
'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Junior User

blue_cloud is starting off with a positive reputation.
great post!

I just made donuts for the family
Old 07-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Senior User

carbs & chrome is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great post.

Thanks for not using 'merica or 'murica... man, I don't like those.

Where'd you see the movie?

WANTED: Mercury 53 - 56 M100 parts - let me know what you have. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Well said Charlie, and happy birthday to the USA!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Glass is empty - Fill now

eman92082 has a good reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a good reputation on FTE.
Having traveled a good portion of the world in my earlier career, the best part was always touching down on American soil. We are so blessed. I can only pray that my grand-kids will be able to share the same blessings in the years to come.

Today, I have several boxes from Summit waiting to be opened in my shop. The kids and the grand-kids are coming over. I'll be degreeing my cam, measuring for push-rod length and checking piston the valve clearance with my son. Then.... on to the BBQ !

God Bless the United States of America

Dawg-a-roo

All we are is "Ducks" in the wind.....
Old 07-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Elder User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
Had a good start today, red white and blue pancakes. Brats and sweet corn for lunch and fireworks in the park tonight. This is just a great place to live.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Ina Ford
I worked a half day today, and on my way home, I got to listen to the special edition of Prairie Home Companion (re-cast from 7-4-2006), and I couldn't help myself...... I had to take the rural backroads home.
The rest are just average.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:11 PM
New User

robhbensc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Today is the birth of our great country and the freedoms we all love and couldn't imagine living without. God bless this country and everyone of us. Enjoy the day and be safe.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Freshman User

jonnireb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Happy Independence Day, everybody.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:15 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
We still have our problems, but look how far we have come in my lifetime alone, I am so blessed to have been born an American. Thanks for this post Charlie, it made me stop and reflect on just how great this country is. May God bless, and guide this great country.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:15 PM