Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 V10 overheat issue...

Old 07-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Xerophobic
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 V10 overheat issue...

Hey all, truck has recently developed a weird overheat issue. Ill try to give a s much background as possible:

I changed the heater core in the winter and that definitely cured the lack of interior heat issue the truck had since I got it. Blows hard and hot now. (I suspect I should also swap out the rear one too)

On occasional since then I have noticed the odd time a "gurgling sound" in the heater core area. Its not all the time but here and there.

Within the last 3 weeks or so I have gotten a check engine light. I've been a bit too busy to address it, and don't tend to drive very far(work and back) but have downloaded the comp and have a P0174 and P1299. Now just in the last 5 days I have noticed the temp guage , which is normally firmly parked at about 1/3 in the zone has moved up to nearly the hot area. I can easily bring it back down by using full heat. I have cleared the codes and they haven't returned yet, but I'm suspicious of them non the less.

What can cause lean on only one bank? I have looked at the usual suspects and don't see any obvious leaks. Is it very common to have a intake gasket leak? what's the easiest way to check for that?

My rad appears in good shape altho the AC condenser is pretty beat up. I'm definitely going to flush out the coolant, it looks good and used. any other suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Xerophobic
Hey all, truck has recently developed a weird overheat issue. Ill try to give a s much background as possible:

I changed the heater core in the winter and that definitely cured the lack of interior heat issue the truck had since I got it. Blows hard and hot now. (I suspect I should also swap out the rear one too)

On occasional since then I have noticed the odd time a "gurgling sound" in the heater core area. Its not all the time but here and there.

Within the last 3 weeks or so I have gotten a check engine light. I've been a bit too busy to address it, and don't tend to drive very far(work and back) but have downloaded the comp and have a P0174 and P1299. Now just in the last 5 days I have noticed the temp guage , which is normally firmly parked at about 1/3 in the zone has moved up to nearly the hot area. I can easily bring it back down by using full heat. I have cleared the codes and they haven't returned yet, but I'm suspicious of them non the less.

What can cause lean on only one bank? I have looked at the usual suspects and don't see any obvious leaks. Is it very common to have a intake gasket leak? what's the easiest way to check for that?

My rad appears in good shape altho the AC condenser is pretty beat up. I'm definitely going to flush out the coolant, it looks good and used. any other suggestions appreciated

Cheers
Change that black plastic bypass valve under the hood in the heater hose line. Use this method too;
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...al+clear+water