Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Question So where do you get yer Steel supplies for welding projects?

I'm looking to get some 1" square steel tubing and want to know if ya'll reccommend any particular suppliers near Tulsa? What's a good rate per foot? I don't suppose ya'll know where I can get some used 1" square tubing?

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 07-16-2003, 06:02 PM
New User

lakerat_62788 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So where do you get yer Steel supplies for welding projects?

in okc we use taylor and sons they are pretty cheap and also somewhere in shawnee.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.

Thanks. I found a dealer that will sell me 1" square tubing for $15per 20ft stick or 3/4" square tubing $10per 20ft stick. I'll try to pick up some of the 3/4" in the next few days. I'll let ya'll know if this place is worth the effort.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 07-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Postmaster

Well, I ordered and picked up my steel with no problems. I purchased two 20' sticks of 3/4" square tube steel for $21. They even cut the sticks in half (no charge) so they fit in my 8ft. truck bed, and they loaded them for me. I got to peruse the wharehouse and saw soo many shapes and sizes of steel available there. They had a huge bin of scrap pieces that I would have loved to dig through but did not have time. The company is Interstate Steel @ 2100 N. Lewis in Tulsa. They definately get my business in the future.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 07-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Senior User

qtrmiler is starting off with a positive reputation.

Try Quick Service Steel on North Peoria. I get a LOT of stuff from them
Old 07-27-2003, 01:02 PM