Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Senior User

Skalywag is starting off with a positive reputation.
stock front bumper height

My 50 f1 is measuring about 9.5" Is that about right. I am running 225/75R16 on rear and 225/65R16 on front. I am considering running 225/85R16 on rear to help with cruising speed and fuel economy. Let me know if this sounds about right. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Elder User

dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mine is 12.5" with what I believe is a stock front suspension. I am running 255/60/15 tires on the front and 275/60/15 on the rear.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Click the image to open in full size.

Here you go.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 07-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post

Here you go.
Thanks AX, I'm old and if I could read it, it would be a great help. the eyes just dont want to cooperate. And are people measuring from the bottom of the bumper or the top?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Right click on the picture, select save image as from the drop down menu and save it someplace on your computer where you can find it (change the name of the file to something easy for you to find/recognize at the same time like "F1 dimensions.jpg") and save it. Now find the file where you saved it and double click on it to open it in your picture viewer where you can enlarge it as much as needed to easily read it and or print it out and use a magnifying glass.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Elder User

dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.dmack91 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalywag View Post
Thanks AX, I'm old and if I could read it, it would be a great help. the eyes just dont want to cooperate. And are people measuring from the bottom of the bumper or the top?
I measured mine from the bottom of the front bumper.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Still Learnin'

petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
pmclallen
Quote:
Right click on the picture, select save image as from the drop down menu and save it someplace on your computer where you can find it (change the name of the file to something easy for you to find/recognize at the same time like "F1 dimensions.jpg") and save it. Now find the file where you saved it and double click on it to open it in your picture viewer where you can enlarge it as much as needed to easily read it and or print it out and use a magnifying glass.
I believe that the problem is that he doesn't know what FH & CH mean?

I'm assuming that one means fully loaded and the other empty? The problem is what are the measurements?

The other problem is that those measurements are to the top of the frame rail behind the rear axle . . . which is probably a better place to measure ride height anyhow.
2011 John Deere 2520
1950 Ford F2 w/flathead V8/4-speed
. . .. . .
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Post Fiend

Chuck Frank
Sorry, I saw those codes too when I enlarged the pic. It wasn't my pic so I don't have the coded measurements.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 07-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Still Learnin'

petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
pmclallen
Quote:
Sorry, I saw those codes too when I enlarged the pic. It wasn't my pic so I don't have the coded measurements.
I have that same picture on my computer and that was the first time that I noticed it. Hopefully somebody knows?
2011 John Deere 2520
. . .. . .
Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Blabbermouth

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemcl View Post
I believe that the problem is that he doesn't know what FH & CH mean?

I'm assuming that one means fully loaded and the other empty? The problem is what are the measurements?

The other problem is that those measurements are to the top of the frame rail behind the rear axle . . . which is probably a better place to measure ride height anyhow.

I don't know what they mean, but I think it's showing a 4.28" difference between FH and CH loaded and empty for the front.

The rear shows LH and EH which I would think are Loaded and Empty Heights and shows a 7.7" difference at the rear and a 7.52" difference behind the front axle when loaded..

I know that probably doesn't make sense either but ...

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
Old 07-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Post Fiend

Chuck Frank
Here's another factory drawing with the frame height and larger numbers:

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Still Learnin'

pmclallen
Quote:
Here's another factory drawing with the frame height and larger numbers:

Great find AX. Where did you find it? That measurement is still to the top of the frame but that is the right spot to measure ride height.
2011 John Deere 2520
. . .. . .
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Senior User

Using both charts and deducting the 4.75" to the center of the 5" bumper and deducting the remaining 2.5" I came up with a stock bumper height of 12.77" Mystery solved, I think.....until next time
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Still Learnin'

pmclallen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalywag View Post
Using both charts and deducting the 4.75" to the center of the 5" bumper and deducting the remaining 2.5" I came up with a stock bumper height of 12.77" Mystery solved, I think.....until next time
I'm not sure that you can compare the two charts even though logic dictates that you should be able to do so. OEMs never use bumper height as a measure of ride height. Too much variation.
2011 John Deere 2520
. . .. . .
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Post Fiend

Chuck Frank
I just copied it from someone else's post in another topic.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks