Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

July BS & Genearal thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 02:27 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Have fun youins. Alan, how about this horse deal you've got brewing?

Old 07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I over stuffed at a friend's bar b que last night. I still haven't eaten today, and I'm about ready to go to another bar b que tonight.
Today spent about 6 hours or maybe a bit less at pick n pull. I got just about everything on my list, even an egr tube. Lucky I didn't care about the engine I took it off, because i didn't have all the right tools to take it off the right way. The tube was actually on the last truck we looked at in the last row, so I just had to get the tube. I did call defeat twice, but I pressed on.
I had one last plenim bolt to get out, and in Ford's infinite wisdom used a torx head in the middle/under of the plenim All I had was allen wrenches and I couldn't get any leverage, so I decided I'd kick the plenim a bit to twist it in hopes to loosen the bolt then I could use the allen wrench to unscrew it, but the plenim broke around the bolt (oops). then it was a matter of getting the last fuel rail bolt out and then I could put a cresent wrench on the tube nut. I'm sure glad the egr tube wasn't broken after all that work.
I was hoping to get to Buddies auto mall aswell to see what they had, since I couldn't find an instrument cluster with a tac. that wasn't broken.
plus I need to fiind some tires for the yellow truck.

Pick n pull does have 3 or 4 dents and one bump it has decent chrome on the passanger side fender, there was a 78 or 79 with nice chrome on the driver side with black plastic/ rubber in the center. No tool boxes on them.

Well that's it. I better get showered up and get to the bar b que to over stuff and drink.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Well, I still have five trucks, but my signature should shed a little light on what happened today. It took forever, the guy I got it from is not very organized at all. I'll get some pictures tomorrow when I get everything unloaded.

We also got up to Steak and Shake and caught the end of the cruise in. Some pretty cool cars, but now my back and leg are screaming at me. I took my happy pills and I'm waiting for them to do something so I can go to sleep.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:32 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK.......
It's tomorrow Alan, pictures please
Well I'm up, hope to see some more movement around here sometime soon. I'd like to be on the road in the next couple of hours. I'm already visualizing myself in the hot tub at the cabin.
Hope you all have a good week, I'll check in and post some pictures.

Unk Bob

Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys it's been a minute since I have been on and must say been uber busy with stuff around fort polk, replaced a entire steering column in southern belle and ran into bad bearings in the new one so had to fix that, then the screws in my distributor module came out and that fried....so replaced that. Then between having family down and people asking me to replace clutches, water pumps, and control arms for free...it's been pretty busy. Hope yall are we'll ima try and be on alittle more, and post up a video if I can.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Also bad news has struck me, the 70 chevelle ss convertible that was in dad's garage is gone..a lady wanted to pull right out in front of him, so he's been lookin for a new project and was hopin to get popps into ford but he is good and that's what really matters.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:11 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Originally Posted by Mosouthernboy
and people asking me to replace clutches, water pumps, and control arms for free...
free .....sound like a great way to get some spare $$ to help keep Belle on the road?

Morning folks, looks like a wet 1st part of the week.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Oh yea I know I'm done doin it for free for fellow co workers, lol time to make abit of extra change for my pocket

Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Morning Everybody!

I'm up and most of the chores around the house are done. I had to crack the whip this morning and get the girls out of bed and start being productive.

I have a lift kit (spring pockets) to put in a Wrangler, but then I want to finish up Ka'Bluey's front end and unload the new acquisition.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:13 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone...hope your weekend of celebrating our country's birthday has been great!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:11 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good evening all, I got a couple piles of brush moved, master cylinder lines bent, flared and installed on the Bronco. Made a twinkie cake for my buddy's 45th and are now at his house cooking supper.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:05 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Ok everyone!

Here's what you've all been waiting for. This will be Uncle Jesse's truck when I'm done. Basically, it'll be restored to stock with a 360 and a 3 on the tree. So, I need one or two 15" X 6" stock steel wheels and I'm trying to locate a set of dog dish hub caps, too.

How solid is it? Check these out!!!!!

The bed is beat up, but nothing I can't straighten.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Looks good Alan! Goodluck with that build! And from being at the ocean all day the wife has a bad sunburn and I've got a sunburn bad enough to cause blisters all down my shoulders...it's gunna be a fun couple of days

Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Don't let your NCO's see that. You could get an Article 15 for "destruction of government property." -not kidding.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm pretty sure 1 of the 3 bumpsides at Pick N Pull had the stock rims on it and Ithink I remember seeing hub caps somewhere too. I'm not possitive on this because I wasn't look for them like I was for all the parts I needed.

There was one thing I thought would be cool on the C cab. but I don't know if it would fit or even work in it. But there is a van there that hauled around wheel chair bound passangers, and it has one of those wheelchair lifts in the back doors. Now how cool would that be?

Quick Reply: July BS & Genearal thread.