1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cleaning products are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What cleaning products are you guys using?

I haven't seen a thread about cleaning our beautiful trucks yet, maybe there is one so someone correct me if I am wrong. I know we all love working our trucks and doing a little off roading, that's why we got them right?. But even better is when Friday comes and we can get them all shined up. Post your trucks with maybe a before and after and your process of cleaning and a list of products i'll start!

I always go the the car wash and power wash as i don't have a power washer yet. Then come home and do a more precise cleaning with a brush and the hose. Then i use The Absorber XL drying towel to get rid of water spots. From there I like to use Meguiars's Deep Crystal Carnuba wax. I use Armor all Tire gel to scrub the tires then hose them off. Then i like to use the spray on Armor all tire shine to get the final shine. If im feeling like it i will use some chrome shine on the bumper's, grill and running boards.

Anybody know any good product to restore the blackness to plastics? And something to remobe the bugs from my bumper and grill? I know there are alot of products that claim to restore plastic but has anyone used one of them?

Ill post some before and afters later in the week when i clean my truck. Now lets see yours!

Old 06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I use Meguiars ultmate wash and wax soap for washing then dry with the water blade and a towel if I'm going to wax first I use the clay bar, you wont belive the crap it pulls off. Then I use the ultimate compound, then the ulitmate polish, then the ulitmate liquid wax all on a D/A. In between waxings and washings I use the ultimate quick wax in the spray bottle once a week. It all does a great job smells good and you can get it all at wally world. I use purple power to clean the tires and the meguiars hot shine tire foam or the hot shine high gloss tire coating. I also use the tire shine on all the plastic trim also just spray it on a rag and wipe it on it works better than any of the other stuff Ive used made for plastics.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got done putting the shine on.

I use a product called FW1 that I picked up in a parking lot at the last race I went to. I only use it on my bumpers and wheels. It makes cleaning them off a breeze

Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by 3/4ton4X4
I haven't seen a thread about cleaning our beautiful trucks yet, maybe there is one so someone correct me if I am wrong. I know we all love working our trucks and doing a little off roading, that's why we got them right?. But even better is when Friday comes and we can get them all shined up. Post your trucks with maybe a before and after and your process of cleaning and a list of products i'll start!

I always go the the car wash and power wash as i don't have a power washer yet. Then come home and do a more precise cleaning with a brush and the hose. Then i use The Absorber XL drying towel to get rid of water spots. From there I like to use Meguiars's Deep Crystal Carnuba wax. I use Armor all Tire gel to scrub the tires then hose them off. Then i like to use the spray on Armor all tire shine to get the final shine. If im feeling like it i will use some chrome shine on the bumper's, grill and running boards.

Anybody know any good product to restore the blackness to plastics? And something to remobe the bugs from my bumper and grill? I know there are alot of products that claim to restore plastic but has anyone used one of them?

Mothers back to black can be purchased at most autoparts stores or even wally world.

Ill post some before and afters later in the week when i clean my truck. Now lets see yours!
Power wash is fine but those brushes at car washes are just about the worst thing behind the drive through style.

I use a Meguiars gold class soap from costco. Works good. I also have some of the quick wax detailer stuff as well which works good but I don't usually get to crazy with washing. Other than that everything I have is mothers products.

I do want to invest in something other than a hand clay bar. I have seen the mitts which should be faster or a friend mentioned the pads for a DA as well.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Hotpocket
Elder User
Lol I use my water hose and old work t shirt and drive a few blocks to air dry.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Iaff113
Just got done putting the shine on.

I use a product called FW1 that I picked up in a parking lot at the last race I went to. I only use it on my bumpers and wheels. It makes cleaning them off a breeze
Your truck looks great! I love the up close shot of the shine you have on it. Im still young at 19 so im kind of new to the whole detailing thing and i can get a pretty good shine but nothing like this.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Here is my sort of "before" she has been alot filthier than this but this is after the car wash.

Here is some after pictures. I used back to black on the fender flares, door handles, mirrors and plastic on the running boards. Armor all tire gel and spray on the tires. Never dull on the chrome. and meguiars carnuba on the paint. This was a pretty quick detailing and ill admit i could have probobly took more time on the waxing but we went under a storm warning and i decided i didnt want to get stuck in the barn without power and have to walk back to the house in the rain.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 PM
MitchPeters
More Turbo
Rain!!!!!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
3/4ton4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by MitchPeters
Rain!!!!!
what about it? haha

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM
MitchPeters
More Turbo
That's the only time I get to wash mine.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 AM
ultrasks700
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to buy stuff from autozone or napa or whatever else auto parts, but i just started replacing my inventory with products from a company called "chemical brothers". I buy most of it off Amazon and so far ive been very pleased with most their products. They have an interior detailer that i got that smells like Pineapple and it works amazing.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get all of my stuff from http://www.griotsgarage.com. Some of it can get costly but it has always been great products for me. It's defiantly not something one Person can do quickly. Took me all day to do the inside and out the other day

Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 AM
1MrBrian1
Junior User
Originally Posted by MitchPeters
Rain!!!!!
that's also what I use to wash my truck.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Trophy_23
Elder User
I just use soap from the local auto shop. When it comes to wax I like Collinite and for interior I use 303 products.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:53 AM
The John
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
USE the 303 stuff for the interior. Armor all dries out your leather and makes the plastic dash's brittle over time.

I have used 303 on everything from my tent trailer to the interior of my truck and its always performed.

Quick Reply: What cleaning products are you guys using?