6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopers_dad
Guys I have a quick question. I've tried two different odb2 units but if I have either connected for more than 4 or 5 minutes while driving it trips the CEL. I reset the code and it comes back again within a few minutes. Any ideas?

I do not know.. I've had one good adapter and one bad one..

Old 07-04-2015, 03:07 AM
MPD56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopers_dad
Guys I have a quick question. I've tried two different odb2 units but if I have either connected for more than 4 or 5 minutes while driving it trips the CEL. I reset the code and it comes back again within a few minutes. Any ideas?
Interesting?

What are the codes.

I have been using a Onlink MX lately and if I leave TP running and the engine shut off, my park lights flash every 3 minutes. I also was getting CELs while testing PIDS and I think it is modules communicating on the MS-CAN bus by the discription of the CEL. Also some of the modules are still active when the engine is off and the PCM is off, If I still have TP running for example some PIDs that are produce by TCM but I request it from the PCM, I get a network error which is a "U" CEL.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:43 PM
superdog404
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by sdetweil
I do not know.. I've had one good adapter and one bad one..
Hi sdetweil - Have you by any chance updated your pid file to include the torque converter pids?

Thanks for all the great work everyone.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:06 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by superdog404
Hi sdetweil - Have you by any chance updated your pid file to include the torque converter pids?

Thanks for all the great work everyone.
I had not.. wasn't sure they were good

everybody happy with them?

Old 07-04-2015, 06:17 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sam:

I haven't confirm them, they seem to have a few kinks. I'll be travelling with the RV for the next few weeks and see how they work.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm late to the game here. Just got an OBDII adapter and the Torque Pro app and started reading on how to set it up.

Thank you guys so much for the work you've done getting this customized for the 6.7L .... Without these custom PIDs the app would only be marginally useful.

Thanks again to all you guys. Reps given!

Can anyone confirm the latest and greatest version of the apk plugin I can download? And the latest cvs ?

I read all 590 posts and seem to have lost/confused which version is the best versus what's a test.

Thanks.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:41 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Ginther
I'm late to the game here. Just got an OBDII adapter and the Torque Pro app and started reading on how to set it up.

Thank you guys so much for the work you've done getting this customized for the 6.7L .... Without these custom PIDs the app would only be marginally useful.

Thanks again to all you guys. Reps given!

Can anyone confirm the latest and greatest version of the apk plugin I can download? And the latest cvs ?

I read all 590 posts and seem to have lost/confused which version is the best versus what's a test.

Thanks.
post 538 has the latest info
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15375188

once u download the apk, if u rename it to .zip the csv is in the assets folder

Old 08-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by sdetweil
post 538 has the latest info
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15375188

once u download the apk, if u rename it to .zip the csv is in the assets folder
Awesome. Thank you.

One other question, when setting up the app, do we still need to add the included predefined Ford PIDs that come with the app AND the PIDs that come with this apk or JUST the ones that come in this apk ?

Old 08-25-2015, 05:23 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Ginther
Awesome. Thank you.

One other question, when setting up the app, do we still need to add the included predefined Ford PIDs that come with the app AND the PIDs that come with this apk or JUST the ones that come in this apk ?
I just added the plugin pids.. others showed up too

Old 11-04-2015, 07:39 AM
FatOldGuy
Senior User
I'm coming in late too as I just got my 2016. I got the app and will download the APK this afternoon when I get home and can play with it. I read that not all PIDs work with 2015s and later. I'm a software developer by trade and would like to delve into this deeper and my question is how are you guys that are creating the custom PIDs discovering what is available? I searched and found the short list of "standard" PIDs, and see that most manufacturers have tons of custom PIDs. How are you guys discovering these to be able to start tweaking your formulas and such?

Thanks for any help anyone can shed on this!

Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
MPD56
Elder User
FatOldGuy:

Welcome to the Thread. I sent you a PM.

I'm not sure what year other then the 2013 I have tested it on. I know that the 2013 after January 2013 are different. Three coworkers just bought 2016's and I'll see what is working on thier model year, they're a little over whelmed with thier new truck and have to take baby steps.

Sam (Sdetwell) is the member that created the 6.7L pluggin and made it easier for some members that don't have programing skills. I use the cvs file method to customize my PIDs for testing and have things that make sense to me.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:36 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by FatOldGuy
I'm coming in late too as I just got my 2016. I got the app and will download the APK this afternoon when I get home and can play with it. I read that not all PIDs work with 2015s and later. I'm a software developer by trade and would like to delve into this deeper and my question is how are you guys that are creating the custom PIDs discovering what is available? I searched and found the short list of "standard" PIDs, and see that most manufacturers have tons of custom PIDs. How are you guys discovering these to be able to start tweaking your formulas and such?

Thanks for any help anyone can shed on this!
the net is, you have to have access to some not public doc to be able to deduce what PIDS are available. I have no clue. there is some logic to it, but I haven't spent any time to figure it out. I'm just the easy tool packager!.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:27 PM
FatOldGuy
Senior User
MPD56 and sdetweil - Thanks to both of you for all the work you have already put in. I'm just starting, but I'll post any results I come up with - what works on my 2016 or doesn't. I figure it's going to be a long winter and I don't have any other projects, so I plan on devoting some time to this - whether it ends up being productive time or not remains to be seen.

I had seen some other posts on other sites that said it was pretty much hunt and peck so I'll give that a shot and see what presents itself. If anyone has any info specific to the newer years, I'd appreciate any head start I can get. I'll probably join in over on the torque forums too and lurk for a while.

Not sure my poking around will yield anything useful to anyone, but it if does, I'll post up the results. If nothing else, this should keep me outta trouble with the Mrs. this winter.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
MPD56
Elder User
FatOldMan:

Once you get the adapter I'm sure things will come to you quickly. This is a group effort and anything you add will help. There are a lot of PIDs that are known and not posted or tweaked so once you have your list of want to have PIDs someone might fill in the blanks. I have most of the PIDS I want but that doesn't stop me from getting greedy. Like myself, there are folks that have other software to find things if you bet we can't LOL. I've used up some favors so I'm getting picky.

eg. The new TSB this spring changed the Soot Load response and I haven't changed the equation so that Regen start at 100% Soot Load.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by MPD56
eg. The new TSB this spring changed the Soot Load response and I haven't changed the equation so that Regen start at 100% Soot Load.
I too want to thank you guys for all the work you've done on this app. I'm really enjoying it.

I've got a 2015 and run all the usual gauges.

I have noticed that the soot % does go well over 100% before a regen, and below 0% when done. But it's still able to give me an idea when a regen is likely to start soon.

The only other one I think is screwy is the DSLRC AVG. I assume that is distance since last regen completed average. It is now showing over 600 miles, which is way off. I think my average is closer to the 350 range.

Sometimes the DSLR (DIA) and (c) are slightly different. So I just watch both.

My DEF was just filled too, but reads 3.1 gal instead of 5. Not sure about that one?

You can also see in one of my pics I occasionally get a "faulty OBD adapter" message. I think the
cheap adapter cheap adapter
isn't up to speed.

I think I'm going to go ahead and order the
high end adapter high end adapter
and see if it works better.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 is also old so it may not be the best device to use either. I'd like to get a 7" tablet so it's easier to see than the S4's 5" screen.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs