6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MPD56
Tomahawk:

Try re-training the tires, when I had my tires rotated at the dealer, I had to do the same thing. I wonder if the you had a shop rotate your tires and their scanner doesn't change position for the tires? Let us know how you made out.
Doh! That would be the problem. I don't think the guys at Farm and Fleet can do that. Thank you sir!

Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gi1gamesh
I don't have dual wheels but those are the PIDs. Maybe someone with dual wheels could try them out. All I get back from them is 0000 on my truck.
This has been an interesting thing on the wish list. I was told on another forum that there are 10 slots in the TPMS module sensors. Was also told that these sensors measure temperatures. The person that I was in contact with has never got back to me to confirm.

I have a SRW and was hoping to put sensors in my trailer tires? Hoping this summer to buy a couple to try.

Right now I don't know if a DRW has a TPMS module, or if an added TPMS Module will stand alone on the CAN BUS without having to have any other modules having to be programmed to have Torque Pro talk to it? It seems to me that the truck has been programmed for the re-train process, but I believe that this is for the position only? I also don't know the distance the sensor has to be from the module to work, but my buddy has an after market system that works on his trailer tires with the receiver on the dash?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:21 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Doh! That would be the problem. I don't think the guys at Farm and Fleet can do that. Thank you sir!
It is my understanding that the there are 10 PID slots in the TPMS Module and the slots are programmed to position and minimum pressure. Re-training the tires matches the tire's sensor S/N with the slot (PID). We have a F350 with higher PSI in the rear, I had the dealer program the tire pressures in all the slots to be at 65 psi, this way when I'm not towing, I can reduce the back tires to 65 psi for a smoother ride and if I rotate the tires myself, I don't have to have the pressures of the rear tire slots changed.

Hope this makes sense,,,,let us know how you made out.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:51 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 889 Likes on 322 Posts
It is my understanding that the there are 10 PID slots in the TPMS Module and the slots are programmed to position and minimum pressure. Re-training the tires matches the tire's sensor S/N with the slot (PID). We have a F350 with higher PSI in the rear, I had the dealer program the tire pressures in all the slots to be at 65 psi, this way when I'm not towing, I can reduce the back tires to 65 psi for a smoother ride and if I rotate the tires myself, I don't have to have the pressures of the rear tire slots changed.

I did the same when I bought the truck. they made me sign a waiver. but on that note, I got my tires rotated a month or so ago, just after I got the TPMS PID's from here, and noticed that they intentionally reprogrammed the tpms with the rears on the front, and fronts on the rear as evidenced by the 80psi on the front PIDS. They did that to "allow" me to have lower pressure on the rears without setting the light. I retrained them properly, but did get a chuckle out of that.

At least thats my theory, or the guy rotating tires never did the retrain, since they "x" my tires on the rotation.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster

Well I'm still feeling pretty silly about forgetting I got new tires and the sensor placement would prolly not be the same. I stopped by my dealer this afternoon and asked how much it would be to have them retrain the sensors. They said $60 and I said "no thanks". That got me to thinking, if I change the pressure in each tire and then just change the label on your PID's......would that work?

Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
gi1gamesh
Freshman User
Well I'm still feeling pretty silly about forgetting I got new tires and the sensor placement would prolly not be the same. I stopped by my dealer this afternoon and asked how much it would be to have them retrain the sensors. They said $60 and I said "no thanks". That got me to thinking, if I change the pressure in each tire and then just change the label on your PID's......would that work?
That's a great idea. Heck you could put an inconspicuous mark/label on the inside of each rim as an identifier then change the labels in the app to match and never worry about their placement until you have to get a sensor replaced. The truck does seem to "notice" whether a tire is front or rear and report low based on front/rear tpms settings but you could change those settings to be the same for front and rear if you wanted. The truck only reports that you have low pressure anyway then sends you on a wild goose chase to find which one is low.

Last edited by gi1gamesh; 05-19-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: RTFM
Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Not to go on a rant, but $60. Don't they rotate the tires for $15. This is how I got them to set all my tires at 65 psi in michigan. I Canada they wanted $150 to rotate and reset the tires.

I'm sure if you follow the re-training procedure in the manual on page 365, it is a little different then some 6.7's you don't use a fob (My 2008 had a FOB). it should straighten the whole mess out. With the 2013s it will put the right location with the right PID. This is why you start at the left front driver's tire and go clock wise. The only thing I'm not sure of is the minimum pressure where it sets off the alarm.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Cool beans, I and did the retraining. That was easy. Thank you!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:51 PM
DarrylB
New User
I was curious how many kilometres I had until the next oil change and whether I needed to deal with it before an upcoming long trip. I took the PIDs for "Distance Since Last Oil Change 6.7L" and "Oil Life 6.7l" to calculate that number. Both of those PIDs are from sdetweil and the download in post 407 of this thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15234636. I created the two following PIDs to show an estimate of "Distance to Next Oil Change 6.7L" and "Total Oil Change Distance 6.7L".

I've been testing them over the last week and have discovered that the "Oil Life 6.7l" is a whole number that changes in one percent increments. As a result the Distance to Next Oil Change increases steadily with Distance Since Last Oil Change until the Oil Life drops a percentage point. Then the DTNOC drops a few hundred km or so and them starts its steady climb until the next change in oil life percentage. Ditto for the Total Oil Distance. It basically creates a sawtooth pattern.

The math is done assuming the oil goes to 0%. I also noticed as I'm typing this up that when the Oil Life monitor is reset it will presumably show 100% which will cause an error in the equation, trying to divide by zero. I suppose I could either change the formulas to read ...(100.001-Val{... or maybe there is way to prevent the the division by zero. Suggestions?

Distance to Next Oil change 6.7L:
PID:<blank>
Long Name: Distance to Next Oil Change 6.7L - Test
Short Name: DTNOC
Min Value: 0
Max Value: 100
Scale Factor: 1x
Unit Type: KM
Equation: (Val{Distance Since Last Oil Change 6.7L}*((100/(100-Val{Oil Life 6.7l}))-1))
OBD Header: <blank>

Total Oil Change Distance 6.7L:
PID: <blank>
Long Name: Total Oil Change Distance 6.7L - Test
Short Name: TOCD
Min Value: 0
Max Value: 100
Scale Factor: 1x
Unit Type: KM
Equation: (Val{Distance Since Last Oil Change 6.7L}*(100/(100-Val{Oil Life 6.7l})))
OBD Header:

A couple of notes: the PID & OBD Header are blank. I don't know if the formulas are case sensitive but in case they are, the final L in "Oil Life 6.7l" is lower case.
<blank></blank></blank></blank></blank>

Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 AM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
The feds dictate tpms in all trucks less than 10k. If I recall correctly, the order form for dually cab chassis models and the basic dually model pickup have the option to add tpms sensors to a vehicle when it is built. All duallys have the idiot light in the dash, but ordering this option defiantly requires sensors to be added to the wheels, and probably some computer program mods. Maybe all duallys ship with sensors in all of the wheels on the road, but I doubt it. Could you add Ford sensors to all 6 wheels and have Ford tech reprogram computerus - maybe. Ditto for adding Ford sensors to trailer wheels and having Ford tech program the extra sensors - a good question.

Originally Posted by sdetweil
do they work?

I don't have tps sensors, so cannot tell.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:41 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnD333
The feds dictate tpms in all trucks less than 10k. If I recall correctly, the order form for dually cab chassis models and the basic dually model pickup have the option to add tpms sensors to a vehicle when it is built. All duallys have the idiot light in the dash, but ordering this option defiantly requires sensors to be added to the wheels, and probably some computer program mods. Maybe all duallys ship with sensors in all of the wheels on the road, but I doubt it. Could you add Ford sensors to all 6 wheels and have Ford tech reprogram computerus - maybe. Ditto for adding Ford sensors to trailer wheels and having Ford tech program the extra sensors - a good question.
duallys are always over 10k..

as I recall it, there is no TPMS option, on my window sticker it is marked,
'less tire inflation monitor'

on the online ordering is shows this in the order summary
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (SRW only; excludes spare)

my guess is that the controller isn't there (Ford wouldn't spend money on parts not used)

Old 05-21-2015, 07:51 AM
gi1gamesh
Freshman User
Please let me know if there's a better place to post PIDS for testing..

Here are some to try out.

DEF Percent 22f485 A/15*100
DEF Level (Liters) 220487 ((A*256)+B)/1000
vref(Volts) 22d127 ((A*256)+B)*(5/5120)
FanSpeed(RPM) 220702 A*100*.25
Odometer(KM) 22404c ((A < 16)+(B < 8)+C)*.1 Header: 720
Current Gear 221e12 A Header: 7e1

Last edited by gi1gamesh; 05-22-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: updated odometer and current gear
Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 AM
allcool
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Sam and MPD, You guys are awesome! I'll have to tinker with importing the PIDs some more this evening for some reason they aren't showing up when I add the customized pidlist.

Sam, I noticed the csv file has tpms sensors for 4 wheels and your vehicle has 6 is there a reason you didn't include the next 2 PIDs for the inner wheels 222817 and 222818 ?
Hmmm, interesting. Wonder if a spare TPM could be added to the spare tire and set up with one of those extra pid's (222817 or 222818) to keep tabs on the spare tire pressure that commonly is flat when you need it the most....

jmo

Old 05-21-2015, 09:35 AM
MPD56
Elder User
Please let me know if there's a better place to post PIDS for testing..

Here are some to try out.

DEF Percent 22f485 A/15*100
DEF Level (Liters) 220487 ((A*256)+B)/1000
vref(Volts) 22d127 ((A*256)+B)*(5/5120)
FanSpeed(RPM) 220702 A*100*.25
Odometer(KM) 22404c (A*256)+B
Current Gear 226310 A

I don’t know of a better place. The Torque Forum would keep the Developer and Capp777 up to date, but please post them here also. Maybe keep the PID testing results to a single post so that it will cut down in the confusion. This forum doesn’t allow going back and editing after a certain amount of time so I don’t have the ability to update my First Post. If I ever get more organized, I will post my up to date Spreadsheet and .cvs file using Drop Box that way Sam and the other members can do their magic.

Again thanks for sharing

Old 05-21-2015, 10:21 AM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by allcool
Hmmm, interesting. Wonder if a spare TPM could be added to the spare tire and set up with one of those extra pid's (222817 or 222818) to keep tabs on the spare tire pressure that commonly is flat when you need it the most....

jmo

I believe the sensors go to sleep to save the batteries so this is why a TP sensor won't work. Also folks that put on big tires and drive around with the the light on the dash trying to find a work around.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs