6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:56 PM
wtxdxer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPD56
<table id="post3650561" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td style="border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-right-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid;" id="td_post_3650561" class="alt1">...In the past few weeks I’ve been importing my custom PIDs by copying a “.csv” file into a Sub Folder under the .torque Folder (hidden directory) in my android device. Again I’m not an expert so I’m sure there are better ways to make this file and I’m sure that there are different ways to make and copy this file to different devices. Just today I found out on another forum another vehicle I own that this method has been used for some time. One thing I found that if you open the .csv file in Excel and edit it and then “Save” it, it might save it in a format the Torque App can’t interpret correctly. I use a text editor, Windows note pad on my PC. I also use a different vehicle profile for testing (F350-2). If this is confusing and you’re not familiar with editing cvs files, then I would keep using the Plug-in.</td></tr><tr><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt2">
</td><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt1" align="right">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thanks for posting this info! I've been playing with the csv import and it works great. I've mainly customized the short names as well as putting the 6.7L at the front of the sensor name so they all show up first in the list.

I also added the degree symbol to all the temperature units of the temperature sensors. You can do this in a text editor (I use Notepad++) by holding ALT and typing 0176. The text file must then be saved in UTF-8 encoding otherwise the symbol will show up in Torque Pro as a black diamond with a question mark in the center.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by wtxdxer
Thanks for posting this info! I've been playing with the csv import and it works great. I've mainly customized the short names as well as putting the 6.7L at the front of the sensor name so they all show up first in the list.

I also added the degree symbol to all the temperature units of the temperature sensors. You can do this in a text editor (I use Notepad++) by holding ALT and typing 0176. The text file must then be saved in UTF-8 encoding otherwise the symbol will show up in Torque Pro as a black diamond with a question mark in the center.

And thank you for sharing the cvs edit tips.

Question? Doesn't the Long Names show up when picking from the Add Display list? I too use different names so the file works for me.

Someone told me on another forum that you can delete some of the Torque App PIDS that don't work for the vehicle already on the Torque add display list or have them invisable with certain profiles? He hasn't got back to me. Also I've been told if you put a space or number in front of the Long Name then they will show up at the top of the list? Haven't tried it yet.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the .torque\extendedpids folder on my phone and "other.csv" in there. When I copy the file from the phone and look in it I see the column headings but no pid info. Do I have to do something on the phone to populate the csv or do I get the csv elsewhere and then put it in this folder on the phone?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:45 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
And thank you for sharing the cvs edit tips.

Question? Doesn't the Long Names show up when picking from the Add Display list? I too use different names so the file works for me.

Someone told me on another forum that you can delete some of the Torque App PIDS that don't work for the vehicle already on the Torque add display list or have them invisable with certain profiles? He hasn't got back to me. Also I've been told if you put a space or number in front of the Long Name then they will show up at the top of the list? Haven't tried it yet.
you can't win on names of anything.. some want em at the top, others the bottom, some want all the version specific together, I like them where they are alphabetical with the other pids (cause I use both ours and theirs)

the ability to use the csv directly will help a lot of folks.. it will be too much for others.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:49 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
I have the .torque\extendedpids folder on my phone and "other.csv" in there. When I copy the file from the phone and look in it I see the column headings but no pid info. Do I have to do something on the phone to populate the csv or do I get the csv elsewhere and then put it in this folder on the phone?
If I understand you right? I think the other.cvs is a default or sample file. You have to make a Superduty 6.7L.cvs file and copy it into the extendedpids Folder. Sam has a cvs file posted in an earlier post (Not sure if it is up to date). If you have a problem with getting a cvs file let us know.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:52 PM
wtxdxer
Freshman User

Yes, the Long Names show up to pick. I think I got the idea to put the 6.7L at the front from you.

Just gave a quick test to putting a space in front of the Long Name. That DOES put the PID at the very top of the list. But you'll have to redo all of your sensor screens if you make that change to your csv.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:09 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
you can't win on names of anything.. some want em at the top, others the bottom, some want all the version specific together, I like them where they are alphabetical with the other pids (cause I use both ours and theirs)

the ability to use the csv directly will help a lot of folks.. it will be too much for others.
I agree Sam. Been there and done that on the other forums, some folks have PM me and don't like that I work around your plugin and the cvs file is going to help the folks with other Apps.

I for one know the work you put into the Plugin and it is not an easy task... Thank You.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:14 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
If I understand you right? I think the other.cvs is a default or sample file. You have to make a Superduty 6.7L.cvs file and copy it into the extendedpids Folder. Sam has a cvs file posted in an earlier post (Not sure if it is up to date). If you have a problem with getting a cvs file let us know.
OK, that may just be a sample file there or an empty one for putting pids in. I have the plugin loaded right now.

Is it best to look back for a CSV or can you post/email a current one?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2015, 04:16 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by wtxdxer
Yes, the Long Names show up to pick. I think I got the idea to put the 6.7L at the front from you.

Just gave a quick test to putting a space in front of the Long Name. That DOES put the PID at the very top of the list. But you'll have to redo all of your sensor screens if you make that change to your csv.
Thanks for confirming. I have used numeric for PIDs I'm testing, thought the space would work.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:22 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Has anyone done anything else with the other files that are in the .torque directory? I was looking to see if the screen layouts were stored there but looking at the files I don't see anything in them that determines what dial is used and where on the screen (just a quick look).

The trip log files look interesting though. Haven't used TP enough yet to know how you start a trip log or if it does one for every engine run cycle.

Edit: pulled a tracklog.csv file off my phone and input it to GPSVisualizer ( http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input ) and using the default parameters I get a Google sat map with my route drawn on it. Cool.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:34 PM
wtxdxer
Freshman User
I for one know the work you put into the Plugin and it is not an easy task... Thank You.
Yes, THANK YOU Sam! I used your APK as a basis for the CSV I'm using now by the method you posted a while ago to be able to unzip the APK.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:36 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Has anyone done anything else with the other files that are in the .torque directory? I was looking to see if the screen layouts were stored there but looking at the files I don't see anything in them that determines what dial is used and where on the screen (just a quick look).

The trip log files look interesting though. Haven't used TP enough yet to know how you start a trip log or if it does one for every engine run cycle.

Edit: pulled a tracklog.csv file off my phone and input it to GPSVisualizer ( GPS Visualizer: Draw a map from a GPS data file ) and using the default parameters I get a Google sat map with my route drawn on it. Cool.
You can also view it with the Torques Map View Plugin on the Main Screen

As for the Displays, you can import or export them. You can also get custom Graphics or make your own. I'm not up to speed on this to post it, but I have some cool gauge screens.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:40 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

You can also view it with the Torques Map View Plugin on the Main Screen

As for the Displays, you can import or export them. You can also get custom Graphics or make your own. I'm not up to speed on this to post it, but I have some cool gauge screens.

be careful on export/ import.. I had a great layout on my galaxy tab 3. it doesn't fit on my note 3!!.. all the gauges are on top of each other!..

so, be careful, export your existing (save) before importing another, just in case..

gotta find a holder for either the tab3 and the note3 in the truck. the tab3 also is the monitor for the WIFI FW rearview camera.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:14 PM
superdog404
Cross-Country
Hi sdetweil - Just wondering if you have updated your file of pid's with the latest. The added abs and transmission pid's. We're all grateful for the work you guys are doing.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:27 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by superdog404
Hi sdetweil - Just wondering if you have updated your file of pid's with the latest. The added abs and transmission pid's. We're all grateful for the work you guys are doing.
have not.. will get that done tonight.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs