6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:53 AM
MPD56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k7lvo
I've found that I can put the N7 to sleep with TP running and everything starts up fine the next time I switch the N7 and start the engine. Wasn't it mentioned a while back that TP had to be restarted, at least with some devices?
Yes I have used some Android Devices that I had to restart TP to get it to reconnect. Sometimes it is just settings and sometimes its the Android Device.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:52 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
From everything I've read, there are only sensors to detect 3 or 4 different levels, but the Torque Pro gauge seems to be winding down in tenth of a gallon increments, FWIW...

Old 03-27-2015, 01:14 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by k7lvo
From everything I've read, there are only sensors to detect 3 or 4 different levels, but the Torque Pro gauge seems to be winding down in tenth of a gallon increments, FWIW...
Mine is still stuck on 3.1

Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 PM
koverdeer
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, for DEF there are only 3 sensors to detect 4 states (above 3, between 3 & 2, between 2 & 1, below 1. I have been trying to figure out how this one works but as it takes 6k miles to deplete the tank, input and observations from others that drive more miles than I would be helpful.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:22 PM
MPD56
Elder User
<table id="post3650561" class="tborder" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%" align="center"><tbody><tr vAlign="top"><td style="border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-right-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid;" id="td_post_3650561" class="alt1">Hey Folks: FYI Update.

Not an Expert and the one reason I started this thread. I want to thank everyone for their knowledge, time and input. So please continue.

Some folks have posted or PMed me about customizing their PIDs like the “Long Names” and “Short (Display) Names” that make would make it easier for them. I for one belong to different forums that use different names so I use the names that I like, but also I live in a country that uses the metric system but travel in the US so I like to display both units.

In the past few weeks I’ve been importing my custom PIDs by copying a “.csv” file into a Sub Folder under the .torque Folder (hidden directory) in my android device. Again I’m not an expert so I’m sure there are better ways to make this file and I’m sure that there are different ways to make and copy this file to different devices. Just today I found out on another forum another vehicle I own that this method has been used for some time. One thing I found that if you open the .csv file in Excel and edit it and then “Save” it, it might save it in a format the Torque App can’t interpret correctly. I use a text editor, Windows note pad on my PC. I also use a different vehicle profile for testing (F350-2). If this is confusing and you’re not familiar with editing cvs files, then I would keep using the Plug-in.

How to use this file with Torque Pro!!
I named the file “Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs” (V1 = Version X).
Once the file is copied to the “extendedpids” folder. I start Torque Pro and from the main menu I go to settings>Manage extra PIDS/Sensors>Menu>Clear List>Menu>Add Predefined set>Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs from the list.

Sorry about the length. I know this might confuse members but I think that some people would benefit from it. I use this method because I use Torque Pro on multiple vehicles.
Sam has done a lot of work and a great job with making a Plug-in for the 6.7L, but like the Developer of Torque, they can’t do it for every vehicle.
<!-- / message -->

</td></tr><tr><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt2"> </td><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt1" align="right"><!-- controls --></td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 03-30-2015, 05:26 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by MPD56
<table id="post3650561" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td style="border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-right-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid;" id="td_post_3650561" class="alt1">Hey Folks: FYI Update.

Not an Expert and the one reason I started this thread. I want to thank everyone for their knowledge, time and input. So please continue.

Some folks have posted or PMed me about customizing their PIDs like the “Long Names” and “Short (Display) Names” that make would make it easier for them. I for one belong to different forums that use different names so I use the names that I like, but also I live in a country that uses the metric system but travel in the US so I like to display both units.

In the past few weeks I’ve been importing my custom PIDs by copying a “.csv” file into a Sub Folder under the .torque Folder (hidden directory) in my android device. Again I’m not an expert so I’m sure there are better ways to make this file and I’m sure that there are different ways to make and copy this file to different devices. Just today I found out on another forum another vehicle I own that this method has been used for some time. One thing I found that if you open the .csv file in Excel and edit it and then “Save” it, it might save it in a format the Torque App can’t interpret correctly. I use a text editor, Windows note pad on my PC. I also use a different vehicle profile for testing (F350-2). If this is confusing and you’re not familiar with editing cvs files, then I would keep using the Plug-in.

How to use this file with Torque Pro!!
I named the file “Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs” (V1 = Version X).
Once the file is copied to the “Extended” folder. I start Torque Pro and from the main menu I go to settings>Manage extra PIDS/Sensors>Menu>Clear List>Menu>Add Predefined set>Superduty 6.7L V1.cvs from the list.

Sorry about the length. I know this might confuse members but I think that some people would benefit from it. I use this method because I use Torque Pro on multiple vehicles.
Sam has done a lot of work and a great job with making a Plug-in for the 6.7L, but like the Developer of Torque, they can’t do it for every vehicle.
<!-- / message -->
</td></tr><tr><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt2"> </td><td style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="alt1" align="right"><!-- controls --></td></tr></tbody></table>

could you give some additional detail? I don't find a 'Extended' folder on my Note 3.

is that on the phone or on the memory card?

Old 03-30-2015, 05:45 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sorry Sam, The folder is named "extendedpids" it is on my samsung phone and tablet. Not sure but maybe the app makes the extendedpids folder when I tried importing?

Cut & paste from another forum.

PID Installation Instructions:

Bulk Import: (Note I’m not sure this will really be easier for someone that isn’t a little familiar with windows and basic computer functions. You may be better off manually entering them one at a time – see procedure below.)

The following will let you add all of the PIDs defined in this post to Torque via the “Import” feature on Torque.

Your first step is to hook up your phone to your computer via a USB cable (the one you more than likely charge your phone with). You can do this in other ways as well but you need to put the attached “Taurus PIDs.csv” file in the proper Torque directory on the phone. Open up a file explorer and then navigate to the drive letter that is your phone. You should see some directories (varies by phone and number of storage cards). Torque should be on your internal SD card (Unless you told it to go someplace else or your phone directed it there) and the directory you are looking for is labeled “.torque”. If you don’t see .torque you are going to have to “show hidden files” in windows explorer – this varies by version so I suggest you Google it. You then select the “Extended PIDs” directory. Copy the attached file in to that directory and then disconnect your phone.

Once that file is there you can select the “settings” menu off the main screen…scroll down to “Custom PIDs” and then “Import”. You should see “Taurus PIDs” listed in the menu. Select them and then go add them to your screen!

WARNING: You may choose to “clear the list” of the existing custom PIDs to keep things cleaned up, but keep in mind this will strand any gauges you already have on the screen unless they are named exactly the same as in the import file. This means you will have to add them back to the screen one at a time and you may be “irritated

Old 03-30-2015, 05:58 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Sorry Sam, The folder is named "extendedpids" it is on my samsung phone and tablet. Not sure but maybe the app makes the extendedpids folder when I tried importing?

Cut & paste from another forum.

PID Installation Instructions:

Bulk Import: (Note I’m not sure this will really be easier for someone that isn’t a little familiar with windows and basic computer functions. You may be better off manually entering them one at a time – see procedure below.)

The following will let you add all of the PIDs defined in this post to Torque via the “Import” feature on Torque.

Your first step is to hook up your phone to your computer via a USB cable (the one you more than likely charge your phone with). You can do this in other ways as well but you need to put the attached “Taurus PIDs.csv” file in the proper Torque directory on the phone. Open up a file explorer and then navigate to the drive letter that is your phone. You should see some directories (varies by phone and number of storage cards). Torque should be on your internal SD card (Unless you told it to go someplace else or your phone directed it there) and the directory you are looking for is labeled “.torque”. If you don’t see .torque you are going to have to “show hidden files” in windows explorer – this varies by version so I suggest you Google it. You then select the “Extended PIDs” directory. Copy the attached file in to that directory and then disconnect your phone.

Once that file is there you can select the “settings” menu off the main screen…scroll down to “Custom PIDs” and then “Import”. You should see “Taurus PIDs” listed in the menu. Select them and then go add them to your screen!

WARNING: You may choose to “clear the list” of the existing custom PIDs to keep things cleaned up, but keep in mind this will strand any gauges you already have on the screen unless they are named exactly the same as in the import file. This means you will have to add them back to the screen one at a time and you may be “irritated
the extendedpids folder does not exist on my phone, either card or base (search fails to find it, search DOES find my plugin files in the download folder, so search is working). I do not find 'Torque' anywhere on the phone either. altho Torque pro is installed and runs.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Are you trying to find it with a windows PC? It seems that Vista won't show the ".torque" folder with Windows Explorer. Also Samsung has to be set to show hidden files.

FYI:
I use my PC to make the file and copy it to the Download Folder on my Samsung by USB cable, since I can't see the .torque Folder on my PC. Then I copy the file to the .torque/extendedpids Folder using Samsung File Manager.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Are you trying to find it with a windows PC? It seems that Vista won't show the ".torque" folder with Windows Explorer. Also Samsung has to be set to show hidden files.

FYI:
I use my PC to make the file and copy it to the Download Folder on my Samsung by USB cable, since I can't see the .torque Folder on my PC. Then I copy the file to the .torque/extendedpids Folder using Samsung File Manager.
Ok, I see it in the file manager on the phone.. not on the pc.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:32 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sam you have a Dually and no TPMS if I understand it right? Back a few years ago manufactures monitor wheel speed to determine low air pressure or what tire had less pressure. Below are the PIDS for ABS Wheel Speeds. Equation might be "OBD Speed - ((LFW+RFW+LRW+RRW)/4)"

ABS Wheel Speed - Tested
Wheel Speed RFW - WS RFW - 222b06 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed LFW - WS LFW - 222b07 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed RRW - WS RRW - 222b08 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed LRW - WS LRW - 222b09 - A - KM/H - ABS

I spent the last weekend with the boys and their toys, Ice (Drinking) Fishing, there happen to be couple of GM and Ford Techs with me. I showed them Torque Pro and watched the BS fly LOL.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:41 AM
ciscofreak
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are the chances of getting some Transmission PIDs such as torque converter slip etc??

Great work guys!! Reps sent!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Sam you have a Dually and no TPMS if I understand it right? Back a few years ago manufactures monitor wheel speed to determine low air pressure or what tire had less pressure. Below are the PIDS for ABS Wheel Speeds. Equation might be "OBD Speed - ((LFW+RFW+LRW+RRW)/4)"

ABS Wheel Speed - Tested
Wheel Speed RFW - WS RFW - 222b06 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed LFW - WS LFW - 222b07 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed RRW - WS RRW - 222b08 - A - KM/H - ABS
Wheel Speed LRW - WS LRW - 222b09 - A - KM/H - ABS

I spent the last weekend with the boys and their toys, Ice (Drinking) Fishing, there happen to be couple of GM and Ford Techs with me. I showed them Torque Pro and watched the BS fly LOL.
interesting.. with a dually I assume that can't show much for the one tire that might be low.. as the other is holding it up.. and duallys have limited slip diffs.. wonder how that impacts the numbers..

I will will look at this.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:17 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sam:
Interesting for sure. The ABS wheel speed sensors on each wheel also controls Hill Descent Control, TCS and Trailer Sway Control if a Dually has it. Had both rear tires on ice today and they turned at different speeds till I locked my rear end. As for the Limited Slip it is interesting how the power swtiches between the rear tires.

As for the TPMS, I had a dealer's scanner connected to my truck and it is interesting that the TPMS Module has 10 slots for the tire sensors. I can see if consumers pushed, the dually could have all the tires monitored. For me I would like to have the option to have the truck's TPMS monitor my trailers' tire pressure.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:42 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by ciscofreak
What are the chances of getting some Transmission PIDs such as torque converter slip etc??

Great work guys!! Reps sent!
I do have some Transmission PIDs further down my wish list to try, hope to get to it soon.

Transmission Gear Indicator –
PID – 221E12– Done Testing
Long Name (used in menus) – Transmission Gear Indicator 6.7L
Short Name (used in gauge display) – Gear
Min Value – 0.0
Max Value – 100
Scale Factor – x1
Unit Type –
Equation – A
OBD Header –

Park - 70
Reverse - 60