6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Crispy71
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Can you split the OBD port to run a tuner and BT dongle at the same time?

What's the best BT dongle? The one I have is flaky to connect and I often have to unplug and plug it in a few times to get it to connect.
I don't se why you can't run a splitter on your OBD II port.

As for the BT dongle, you'll get a lot of answers. I use a PLX Kiwi 3 and have had no troubles.

And since this is my first post in this thread, thanks to all who've been doing such excellent work.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:31 PM
David_ski
Senior User
Originally Posted by Crispy71
I don't se why you can't run a splitter on your OBD II port.

As for the BT dongle, you'll get a lot of answers. I use a PLX Kiwi 3 and have had no troubles.

And since this is my first post in this thread, thanks to all who've been doing such excellent work.

The OBD port is supposed to only talk and listen to a single device on the bus. You could experience strange things when there are 2 devices on the OBD trying to talk to the truck computer. Try it but don't be surprised if one of the two devices doesn't like the "Y-cable".

Old 06-02-2016, 11:30 PM
MPD56
Elder User
A device on the CAN BUS talks and listens to another device by priority set by the protocol. The problem is when a device doesn't wait it's turn to talk.

I have a MX adapter and when TP tries to reconnect after I shut the engine off at the fuel station, It sends noise on the BUS that causes the truck to buck when stopped. This is from TP not waiting for it's turn to talk. If you first start TP you will see that it first connects the Bluetooth and then the adapter will connect to the ECM.

By theory the Y cable should work.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 PM
RoadrunnerII
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Torque App on 2016 Supercrew EGT's missing?

Found this string loaded up Torque Pro on my Samsung Tab A 8 inch tablet and bought a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and downloaded the apk
All good can see all the custom PID's in the list
Congrads and thanks to all the hard work to everyone so far
Have a strange issue
The EGT11 gives me 1065.920 value on the digital gauge that does not change
The EGT12,13,14 give me 0.000
Is it my ODB2 adapter or am I missing something?
I have ECT EOT TFT Boost RPM's Barometer, Airtemp are all working

Thanks
RoadrunnerII
2016 F250 Supercrew Lariat
6.7 diesel

Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts
I found this thread from MPD56's thread on the Torque forum. Thank you all very much for all this research and testing. I'm using my S6 right now, but ordered an 8" tablet and mount off Amazon today.

Only thing that would be better is if you had a sticky or some easy way for a newcomer to find the list of custom PID's faster. Over the last few days I've read or skimmed through the 55 pages on the thread, but it would have been a lot easier if the 1st post had been updated or something similar.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:44 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sorry Kodiak, after so many days this forum doesn't allow me to add or edit.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM
MPD56
Elder User
RoadrunnerII:

Could you go to "Torque Settings>Manage extra PIDs/Sensors> Edit (PID)" and then run the test and post the results, this information might let us help you. I suspect a sintax error in the equation (PID formula)????

Old 07-05-2016, 09:58 PM
RoadrunnerII
4wd Low
Originally Posted by MPD56
RoadrunnerII:

Could you go to "Torque Settings>Manage extra PIDs/Sensors> Edit (PID)" and then run the test and post the results, this information might let us help you. I suspect a sintax error in the equation (PID formula)????

Hi
Spent some time with it and did some more reading
Made the mistake of buying the Ebay adapter first
Well chalk another one up to the cheap ODBII Bluetooth adapter being crap

I ordered a BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices and it just works
Again a big congrad's to all the folks that worked on this
It works AWESOME! (with a good adapter)

RoadrunnerII

Old 08-06-2016, 01:31 PM
xcntrk
New User
Hi all, just getting started with Torque Pro and looking for a PID.

Anybody know how to obtain the engine oil level or current capacity? I've seen the value in FORScan so I'm assuming a PID exists, but didn't see it in the SuperDutyPids.apk or in this thread. I don't want to make a gauge but rather setup an alarm to monitor should the level drop below full (aka oil leak).

Here's what I got so far (currently running in an emulator). Looking for any input on layout or other data to monitor. My objective is a towing monitor during heavy hauls:

Old 08-06-2016, 03:44 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Haven't seen any conversation on Oil Level I guess it would be a useful thing to measure (in case of making oil or a leak)..

I can add it if we figure it out..

Old 08-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Do you mean oil life/quality? Like so you know when it's going to tell you to get the oil changed? Or actual oil level like you'd measure with the dipstick?

Old 08-06-2016, 04:26 PM
xcntrk
New User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
Haven't seen any conversation on Oil Level I guess it would be a useful thing to measure (in case of making oil or a leak)..

I can add it if we figure it out..
Is there any way to decompose the working PID from FORScan to create a custom PID in TP?

Old 08-06-2016, 04:27 PM
xcntrk
New User
Originally Posted by Firekite
Do you mean oil life/quality? Like so you know when it's going to tell you to get the oil changed? Or actual oil level like you'd measure with the dipstick?
Oil level like dip-stick

Old 08-06-2016, 09:32 PM
kersey1999
New User
New User here, looking forward to some great knowledge. I do have one question about the PIDs. Some of you have posted some custom PIDs (great work), my question is I have 04 F250 6.0, will or can some of these PIDs work with my truck? More specific I want to monitor my trucks EGTs, will the posted PIDs for the 6.7 work with my 6.0?

Old 08-06-2016, 11:02 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kersey1999
New User here, looking forward to some great knowledge. I do have one question about the PIDs. Some of you have posted some custom PIDs (great work), my question is I have 04 F250 6.0, will or can some of these PIDs work with my truck? More specific I want to monitor my trucks EGTs, will the posted PIDs for the 6.7 work with my 6.0?
unlikely that any of the 6.7 pids will work for the 6.0.. but there are some default ford superduty pids already present.. you might want to try those

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs