Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 + Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Freshman User

limitedex is starting off with a positive reputation.
2015 Expedition front bumper, grille, head lights

Does it look like these will be interchangeable with other third generations? The headlights look narrower but the bumper looks higher to make up the difference.

I couldn't imagine why I couldn't retrofit the 2015 onto my 2013. I'm very curious...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 PM
New User

rick chi-town-2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've often wondered things like this myself... without seeing a '13 & '15 side by side, would be difficult to tell. the lines look like they line up correctly, but hard to tell. And I'm quite certain you're aware the cost of such an endeavor tho? Just the xenon headlights and ballasts alone would prob be north of $2k... but I'm just guessing. Good luck and post before & after pics... would love to see someone do it.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by limitedex View Post
Does it look like these will be interchangeable with other third generations? The headlights look narrower but the bumper looks higher to make up the difference.

I couldn't imagine why I couldn't retrofit the 2015 onto my 2013. I'm very curious...

I like your thought process. Headlights, grill and front bumper.

I

If the price was decent I could see making that upgrade.

Wonder how bright the LED running lights would be?
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:21 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Looking at the 2014 on Ford's site, I'm not certain that the headlight shape has changed at all. My initial concern was the angle that the front fenders and bumper meets but that seems to be the same as well.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
The headlight housings are the same.

2000 Excursion 5.4 4X2
Old 07-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would have to say the headlight housing is different. Take a look at this pic where the fender seam is in relation to the headlight housing. The new bumper comes up higher than the previous model. Also the shape is different.

Matt
Old 07-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Freshman User

limitedex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI-Matt View Post
I would have to say the headlight housing is different. Take a look at this pic where the fender seam is in relation to the headlight housing. The new bumper comes up higher than the previous model. Also the shape is different.

Matt

Good eye! But I would get the bumper cover too, so that's not really a concern.

So you all agree that the front fender panels and hood area are the same as Generation Two? I think that's more of my question. If those two are the same then the new headlights, grille, and bumper cover should be a direct fit.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by limitedex View Post
Good eye! But I would get the bumper cover too, so that's not really a concern.

So you all agree that the front fender panels and hood area are the same as Generation Two? I think that's more of my question. If those two are the same then the new headlights, grille, and bumper cover should be a direct fit.
Yes, the hood and the fenders are the same

2000 Excursion 5.4 4X2
Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 + Expedition & Navigator