Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2016 Super Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2016 Super Duty The new 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Senior User

Scorpion67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mike Levine tweeted the other day:

Mike Levine@mrlevine · Aug 19
Looking forward to sharing some great Super Duty news in the next week or so. Maybe sooner. :-)

Exciting!!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD75 View Post
How about the ability to start a regen manually?
OCR is already an option, but I think was restricted to lower trim levels.

I'm all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to behold
A blonde in a bikini
“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ―Samuel Adams
Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM
New User

Nytefog is starting off with a positive reputation.
inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcprop View Post
Invertors are cheap to add until large compressors. Had an 89 Dodge Daytona with 3 1100w invertors to power underbody & inner neon plus we installed a wall outlet for gfriends curling iron, hair dryer, etc.
My 2015 comes with an inverter in the back of the center console. Its probably not very powerful, but they do have it. Also it nice to have the PTO available if needed. For the extra cost its worth it when you build your own truck. I plan on adding another sine wave 2500 watt inverter on my soon to be had F350SD 6.7 XLT Chassis cab 9ft. Its going to be amazing with my custom Knapheide utility body. It's was a body for a DRW F450 modified for a SRW as well as a bunch more built in features.
Reading bodies are junk. We have them on a few other trucks and they fall apart after 4-5 years. They seem to just rust apart and everything seems to just fall apart on it. The truck is in great condition but the body makes it look like a old POS. The bodies are constantly getting welded back together. They are not being used that harshly either...Reading was once a quality product...seems to be the American way...

oh Yeah...Inverters. I'll have to take a look to see the specs on the factory inverter for use in the cab. I plan on using the in cab inverter to charge tools and batteries, basically only small power consuming devices... My 2007 Toyota 4runner has a frikin' inverter!?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Posting Guru

RigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant futureRigTrash601 has a brilliant future
Mitch Thornhill RigTrash601
A bigger freackin fuel tank on the Short Bed!!
RIP Charles Glen Thornhill Sr. Feb. 07 1943 / Oct. 25 2014.... I Miss You Pop!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:05 PM
New User

BD75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=texastech_diesel;14603494]OCR is already an option, but I think was restricted to lower trim levels.

As I read it the idea of OCR is for the guys who work stationary and don't get the chance to drive at temp enough to sufficiently clean the system. I will give an example. Today I drove 170 miles chasing service calls. This mornings drive was around a hour all highway. I get 2 miles from site and it goes into regen mode. I hate parking the truck with a heated up exhaust system not to mention the next half hour of short little hops and the regen kicking in not getting a chance to sufficiently get up to temp. I am suggesting with a filter gauge and ability to start the regen process when it nears full I could have enabled the system to clean all while at highway driving. That would have to be way more efficient???? I find myself going for a extended drive when driving home at night when it engages 2 miles out. It's frustrating when I just finished a 60 mile drive. I know it will pick up the next drive and carry on but some days I know the next days drive will be to short to complete. Just my 2 cents...

Regards, BD75
Old 08-24-2014, 11:09 PM
New User

BD75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigTrash601 View Post
[B][B][B]A bigger freackin fuel tank on the Short Bed!!
X2...... Hello Ford are you listening!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Junior User

NFLD FLARESIDE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD75 View Post
X2...... Hello Ford are you listening!!!!!!!!!!!
nope. fords not listening...they never do.

04 F-150 XL scab - 90K
Old 08-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Elder User

Louisville Joe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion67 View Post

Looking forward to sharing some great Super Duty news in the next week or so. Maybe sooner. :-)

Exciting!!!!!
Was that supposed to be the announcement on Friday that the 2015 Powerstroke would have class leading 860 ft. lbs. of torque?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe View Post
Was that supposed to be the announcement on Friday that the 2015 Powerstroke would have class leading 860 ft. lbs. of torque?
No, that information has been available for a while now. The announcement hasn't happened yet. I asked him today on Twitter. His response was "Stay tuned "
Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 PM
New User

3IDRANGER is starting off with a positive reputation.
My first post and it's to say to put integrated remote tail gate lock regardless of trim level HID headlights in all Lariats and above.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Senior User

BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
After reading this thread I find it baffling that Ford sells one truck a year.

Imagine trying to sell a truck that is commonly used for errands when it costs $86,000 and weighs 18,000 pounds from all of the **** we want.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion67 View Post

Exciting!!!!!
Impatiently waiting. Did Mr. Levine ever make his announcement yet? I'm really looking forward to hearing more about these trucks!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
Impatiently waiting. Did Mr. Levine ever make his announcement yet? I'm really looking forward to hearing more about these trucks!!!
No I asked him twice since then. He reassured me the news was coming. I'm sure there's an embargo to be lifted any day. Maybe they are waiting for the iPhone 6 to be announced so they can get all the media buzz. Haha I have no idea what's going on.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Posting Guru

Y2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud of
I want to see cabs that don't fold over like paper in the same rollover where the rest of the truck remains in tact. The cab pillars should be designed to make the cab the safest place to sit, not the engine compartment. i'd like more occupant safety in the next SuperDuty. Not more lip service. Not more curtain airbags. But a cab structure that has a higher regard for the life of customers than Ford has gotten away with on the current Super Duty cab.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 PM