2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What do you want to see on the 2016 truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 PM
ripstertx
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just looking at this link, noticed you would like a bed with storage, Douglas and others do this type of work...just do a search under custom pickup truck beds and you'll find some of them.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Nytefog
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by the_croz
I'd like to see Dual Tanks offered on options above XL & XLT.
I'd like to see the Pick-up 440 Hp, 880 Lb. Ft. Torque power plant available in the Chassis Cab.
I'd like to see the Turbo Brake offered on the Chassis Cabs.
I'd like to see the 80 MPH limiter removed from the Chassis Cab.
I'd like to see better (stronger) material use on the Frames to prevent the bobble head syndrome.
I'd like to see the Back-up Camera available on Chassis Cabs so we won't have to spend another $600.00 for an after market integration Module to hook one up.
I'd like to see the DVD player capability returned to the CD player.
I'd like to see the DEF system go away completely.
I agree with all of the above and would like to include rhino liner type product sprayed on the underside of the truck on every non moving part. Had it done to my new utility body on my chassis cab and only problem is the 6.7 psd powerpower output is dismal.

Now in understand why the sales manager said that die hard ford only guys are moving to dodges chassis cabs because of this problem. Not to mention the pitiful warranty ford offers...if so durable and dependable back that up with a warranty to match!!

My 2015 f350 xlt chassis cab will soon be tuned so I can at least have the output of a stock superduty pickup...and no warranty. The interior of the 2015 f series is leaps and bounds behind the competition. I've never been in a new Chevy or dodge until recently and it's astonishing the difference between these two and ford's interior. Why does the the superduty have to suffer why all the other ford models get redesigned?
Need projector headlights please and less packages vs buying option you want or don't want.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:25 PM
ripstertx
Junior User
dream list vs return on investment

Fuel Tanks: Dual or bigger fuel tanks would be nice, but then again better mpg would be nice as well. Titan makes a 65gal tank that will fit in the same place as the 37gal tank.

Tuning of Chassis Cab: I spoke with Ford via the owners link on their web site and they explained their thinking on this. The chassis cab was designed for the fleet trucks with utility bodies for municipalities, construction, etc. As such they expect the engine will turned on at 7am and turned off at 7pm. Most likely using the PTO to run some other equipment. Because of that they detuned the engine so that they could support the warranty of an engine that would run 12hrs a day and 6 days a week, with a great deal of that time idling. For them it was a target audience and warranty issue.

Limiter: For both the F450 and Chassis cab the target audience is for heavy users, either towing large loads or working all day long, in both cases there is no need for speeds in excess of 80mph. The mustang will work quite nicely in that application!

DEF: is here to stay as is better mileage vehicles. An estimated 50,000 americans die each year due to respiratory issues, largely as the result of pollution. DEF wasnt needed when there were 200mil americans but you can't add hundreds of millions of people and their vehicles and then ask to live in the past....IMO

Every time I've asked Ford similar questions the push back I get is "how many will we sell", if the answer isn't in the hundreds of thousands then they don't make it and the after market does.

And if that makes someone want to buy a Dodge, then go right ahead. You just made a mechanic happy!

Old 02-20-2015, 04:22 PM
mg94mg94
Senior User
I decided to visit from one of the other forums just to see what ford was up to, when I got to this thread. I read the whole dang thing from front to back, and isn't it funny, I'm noticing a trend.

Person A wants all the new technology used in cars, from auxiliary ports, fancy cruise control, and the newest technology that I cannot even name, or remember by the time I started typing.

Person B wants a truck with an engine and windows that roll up and down.

Ford obviously has a big order to fill, as the market is pretty nit-picky about how personalized they want their trucks. While I'm on the subject of personalized, I should mention the options/packages people want. This is how marketing works. You want this AM/FM radio with a cd player? You have to buy our deluxe package with it. It includes trim exclusive badges, power windows and locks, and a all these other goodies. Trying to talk in a neutral sense, this doesn't make FoMoCo a scumbag, it makes the current market a scumbag, because that is what everyone is doing.

Now for my opinions:

Safety. These trucks are on the highway a lot, whether they are hauling a boat/camper, or going to pick up that new tv you've always wanted. Ford, and the competition, needs to address the collapsing cab problem.

I hate plastic.

Performance. We've come a long way with performance. These trucks make more power than the highway trucks of many moons ago, and are out performing medium duty trucks of today. There is no need for Joe Schmoe to pull more than the 30,000lbs these trucks are rated for. Fuel economy should be a concern more so than power. (Disclaimer, I realize these high GCW makes it safer to tow the common loads that are on the road today ~14000lbs range)

I read some people want to bring back the classic look, and some people want a more offroad capable truck like the ramrunner. The idea of an anniversary highboy edition popped into my head when I read these. Something that doesn't weigh much, and will probably have a lower gvw.

It's already offered, but I don't want to see ford get rid of the minimal xl trim. I don't like luxuries, I just don't need them. I like manual windows (I loved the old west coast style tow mirrors, but they would probably be hideous on these trucks), manual mirrors, manual locks... you can see where I'm going.

Lastly, I'm a die hard manual fan. In the little bit of research I've done, which hasn't been much mind you, the strongest transmissions used today, prevalent in sports cars, is the automatically shifted manual transmission. Now this is some far out thinking, but if a company made a transmission so you could by the vehicle either auto or manual, I think it would save costs, and more specifically, make me happy. Due to the nature of the automatic, it will always be heavier, and have slightly more power loss, but they seem to be getting stronger, and just as or more efficient than manuals (The efficiency has to do with gearing). That's because there isn't enough interest in a manual to manufacture a stronger one. But with the dual purpose transmission, you could have either set up, without compromising fuel economy/power/towing. - But that's a pretty far out there idea.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:57 PM
the_croz
Freshman User
mg94mg94

My complaint is the dual tank option is available on the F-450 & 550 Chassis Cabs in XL and XLT Trim. It is not an option if you want a Lariat. If you so much as select steering wheel controls on the "Build your Own" page it automatically removes the dual tank option you previously selected...? Now how much sense does that make..? The Turbo brake should at least be an option and not just deleted on the hard working Chassis Cabs because of the heavy loads. I can understand detuning the motor in the interest of extending the motor life and reliability. As far as the speed limiter.. I'm ok with it now since I'm rolling @ a constant 15,900 lbs. and I shouldn't be going 80 mph anyway but there are a few 70-75 mph freeways around the bay area.. Bells & Whistles.. I love them.. The more the better and if offered on lesser models I think should be available on higher models (if willing to pay) The Cabs are Identical between the Pick-ups and the Chassis Cabs and I assume most (if not all) of the running gear so if your willing to pay for it I should be able to load it up.. Anyway.. I'm happy..

Old 02-22-2015, 02:46 AM
wvfordwelder
New User
happy with xl

just want the new truck to be tuff & dependable for work , not a yuppie mobile , not a grocery go getter, just a truck , plain simple truck .... not even a race truck .. work ..... if I want fast I will get a mustang, if I'm seeking luxury, lincoln fits the bill ,.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure you check out replacement cost of the LED F150 lights at your parts counter before you jump on that bandwagon. I love LEDs. The $800 one I have over my 25g marine aquarium is great. But I want cheap to repair/replace on a vehicle. I come from the "work truck" mentality, so my request are base on this. The F150 ones are pretty darn expensive (more than $800)

I would love a manual transmission, though I don't expect it, take rate is too small. The new 6spd behind the gas will make that the way to go for all but the heaviest of users, so that solves most of the request stated for gas power. I would like a lower suspension one. Just because I need 4x4 doesn't mean I need 20' clearance. This would give lower payload height and lower cab entry.

As others have said, man regen is already an option. I'll add that the vinyl floors and no chrome are as well. It's called the XL.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 PM
rogsange
New User
What's the average mpg on a F250 with a 6.2 engine, 4x4 with 3.73 lock rearend

Old 05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Ez2frag
New User
mileage

Originally Posted by rogsange
What's the average mpg on a F250 with a 6.2 engine, 4x4 with 3.73 lock rearend
I get anywhere from 12.4 to 15.8 according to the info display. Haven't checked it mechanically yet. Only has 5k on it. XL with 373 gears.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 AM
ripstertx
Junior User
2016 Fleet Brochure from Ford

While this is the "Fleet" brochure, it breaks out "Fleet" options with the rest, most likely being the spec for the 2016's. fwiw

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/...-350+F-450.pdf

Old 05-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The post should be named 2017 but it was started so long ago no one knew for sure. Most fleet options are carry over to retail, but there are always some differences.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:29 AM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to see true competitor to the Power Wagon.

The Superduty provides the perfect platform to base a Power Wagon killer off of.