Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2016 Super Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2016 Super Duty The new 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 11:25 AM
New User

Speedbump96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Better headlights
Old 01-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Senior User

Grant-Dieseltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
A front E locker option to go with the rear. A bigger, meaner version of the 6.2.
And trailer sway control from the F150. Oh yeah, and factory rear air bags.

2005 Crown vic
12.83 @106 on street tires.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Senior User

T diesel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_croz View Post
You must have the Mid-ship tank. Bummer.. I had to order a second Truck because when the dealer selected the mid-ship tank thinking he was adding it didn't realize he also deleted the 40 gallon Aft tank. You can't get dual tanks on anything above an XLT.
Your f 450 came with duel tanks?

Camper package.
Pullrite 18K lb Superslide, Line X sprayed bed.
Krown rust protected.

Todd.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Elder User

mizzitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Upgrades:

1. More diesel fuel capacity
2. Stronger cab roof for roll overs
3. Latch system (for kid seats)
4. A way for the end user to program roll stability control to off at all speeds (without a idiot light then flashing)
5. Driver selectable loaded and unloaded TMPS PSI levels
6. TPMS that still works after a tuner is installed to remove the exhaust restriction
7. Lobby the EPA and get rid of the DPF and EGR
8. Solid mounting points for aftermarket mudflaps
9. Room for 36x14 tires with no suspension mods
10. Manual 4x4 lever on any trim level (lariat, KR, Plat included)
11. A way to keep the rear locker engaged at any speed
12. The cab doors should be triple sealed and be set inside/behind the A-pillar. Noise from crosswinds is so 1980.
13. Fuel filters should spin on in an open location, see Caterpillar design
14. Door hinges should have replaceable wear components that last 10+ years, instead of having to replace/paint the entire hinge after 5 years
15. Door hinges should be forged and oversized
16. Doors should shut with a solid thud, see Land Rover LR4
17. T-case should have the following 4wd, 4AUTO, 4lo, 2wd, see Land Rover design for t-case automatic clutch
18. Optional stout designed IFS with ujoints (no CV joints)
19. Grease-able steering components and ujoints
20. Three cab mounting points to frame, to prevent the door seals from creeking over rough terrain. The rear cab mount could be air ride, with a polyurethane bottom out inside the air bag.
21. Design the turbo intercooler plumbing with no small diameter neck downs
22. Optional center console trans shifter with "manual" tap to shift, use real wood, leather, or billet materials
Old 01-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Elder User

mizzitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
23. Detroit true trac optional limited slip
Old 01-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Junior User

George C is starting off with a positive reputation.
I find most of the improvements mentioned totally out of this world. Some of these guys need to buy a Freightliner or a small Kenworth instead of a Ford Pick up.

I'm only looking for a new exterior design, so when I place my order for a new one, I don't feel like I'm getting back into my first 99' Super Duty.
Better, brighter color choices in both interior and exterior.
I guess I would add that I might be interested in a mega cab style cab.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
The responses, to me, illustrate the challenge Ford faces when designing their products. Different people value different things, sometimes diametrically opposed things. Ford has to walk that fine line and figure out what features will satisfy the most folks and result in the most sales. While at the same time keeping the number of options, and packages of options, offered to a manageable level.

For example, several guys mentioned stronger cabs, while I wouldn't want to pay $10 extra for anything like that. I put no value on that.

Another example, someone here wanted bigger tires and, I assume, better offroad capability. While on the RV forums I read, guys are constantly complaining about how tall the trucks are, and some are even paying to lower their trucks. Which is sacrilege to me, but that is what a portion of the market values.

Of course, not just Ford, but all manufacturers of just about any product you can think of.

I don't think Ford will be reading this thread to figure out what to put on their 2016.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 01-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Elder User

elemint is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spot light option. Old fashioned grease fittings. Bed storage. Manually ajustable height adjusting hydrolics.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
New User

Ez2frag is starting off with a positive reputation.
+1 if you want IFS you can always get another brand lol
Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 PM
New User

Ez2frag is starting off with a positive reputation.
Manual trans, manual trans, manual trans, did I say manual trans. Dump the shift on the fly electric, if you can't move a lever ......... The 6.2 seems to do the job so far but I only have 3900 miles on it so we will see. I like the floor vents in the extended cab back seat and the tilt/telescoping column. The front manual seats could use some cushion adjustment - height and tilt. I like the previous generation heater controls better and shouldn't the TCS button be on the driver side not the passenger side. Don't care for more electronic "toys" to play with, and to try to repair. I like the way it drives so far, so time will tell. Previous truck 03 f250 crew XLT with v10 and 6 spd. manual. Not so fond of the spark plug problem with the 2v V-10.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:26 PM
New User

Cafeguzzi is starting off with a positive reputation.
LIGHTS PLEASE!!!

I own a 15 SD.... And love it. In my business i have a fleet of both Fords and GMCs and chose a Ford as my personal vehicle due to chasis integrity.

That said, the head lights of the Ford are still 20th century technology. The GMCs are head and shoulders above the Ford in terms of spread and brightness (not to mention mine came from the dealer with a mis-aligned driver's side head lamp). So I had to spend a few hundred dollars of better lighting.

Oh, and for the extended cab models, it would be nice if the rear door opened to be flush against the bed. Never understood the logic of having the door open half-way.

Voltmeter? Wth?

Other than that, rock on!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 PM
New User

Cafeguzzi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vent control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2frag View Post
Manual trans, manual trans, manual trans, did I say manual trans. Dump the shift on the fly electric, if you can't move a lever ......... The 6.2 seems to do the job so far but I only have 3900 miles on it so we will see. I like the floor vents in the extended cab back seat and the tilt/telescoping column. The front manual seats could use some cushion adjustment - height and tilt. I like the previous generation heater controls better and shouldn't the TCS button be on the driver side not the passenger side. Don't care for more electronic "toys" to play with, and to try to repair. I like the way it drives so far, so time will tell. Previous truck 03 f250 crew XLT with v10 and 6 spd. manual. Not so fond of the spark plug problem with the 2v V-10.
individual buttons for each region. So i can have windshield vents and middle vents only. The last thing my feet need is a heater on them, but its always mice to keep a light flow on the windscreen
Old 01-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to allrollerstud98 is a name known to all
Where I live we need the foot and defrost option, but I wouldn't be opposed to being able to configure it the way you want to for air coming out. Although all winter long I have mine set on floor/defrost any ways.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:51 AM
New User

pwrstrokeme is starting off with a positive reputation.
larger fuel tank; standard touchscreen radio...or at least LCD screen; bed lights; get rid of jump seat consoles on $50,000 trucks... and if you're going to keep the jump seat, then provide better cup holder placement; standard tailgate step, or bumper steps on all super duties; auto lock tailgate; the phone niche, on the jump seat console sucks.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:55 AM
New User

pwrstrokeme is starting off with a positive reputation.
larger fuel tank

standard touchscreen radio...or at least LCD screen

bed lights

get rid of jump seat consoles on $50,000 trucks... and if you're going to keep the jump seat, then provide better cup holder placement. Also, the phone niche on the jump seat console sucks.

standard tailgate step or bumper steps on all super duties

auto lock tailgate

All that being said, I love my Super Duty.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:55 AM