Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Junior User

ItzKwik is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Trailers made from truck beds

Do you think they're cool or does it make you mad that someone has cut up a good truck?
1986 Mustang LX
1989 Mustant LX
1997 Ford F150 4x4
1998 SVT Cobra
2001 Mustang GT
Old 07-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Post Fiend

Ryan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to beholdRyan50hrl is a splendid one to behold
Trailers made from truck beds

i've always laughed at the piles that some people call trailers....

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...round-7-a.html
Old 07-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold

When the whole front of the truck is mangled it seems to be a good use for the rear end. That is how I made mine from a 57 Chevy. That was 25 years ago, now the value of the mangled parts would be higher and someone might try to restore it. I still have the trailer.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Senior User

Freight Train is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hehe, I had one made out of a 90 Chevy P/U that I picked up for free, (totalled, but the bed was mint). On the tailgate it said, "Chevrolet, the best made trailer in America." We used to put this thing on job sites to load with garbage. It would usually get the Chevy guys fired up pretty good.

The kid I gave it to took that off the gate and put his own saying on it. Now it says, Chevy, professional grade trailers. It's worth a laugh every time I see it.
updated sig: '94 F-350 XL, 7.3IDI turbo, ZF S-542, 4X4, SRW, 8ft fisher, utility body w/ lift gate, tweaked IP, boost and pre-turbo pyro, aftermarket AC, Holley blue pump, 1" tank vents, ATS 3" elbow and DP, straight 3" exhaust. This is just my work truck.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Posting Guru

canadianfordman is starting off with a positive reputation.

No offence because they seem to be handy but I can't stand them. I think hmmm thats an 80-86 Ford bed with no rust in the rear fenders and it could be on my truck but the inside is way to beat up.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation

No offense meant here either but to me it looks, well... tacky.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Posting Guru

orange peel is starting off with a positive reputation.

our family owned buisness will make them sometimes with the F-150s our workers wreck but still have a good bed. its a good, strong trailer for free... hard to beat that. but i dont think we've had one for a while now.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:16 AM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.

Well, here's another side of it.

Practically every single autowrecker in Calgary uses old Ford pickup boxes to store Hubcaps or wheels in them.

I have mentioned to a couple of the places : "isn't that just like a Ford being used for Working right up until its last breath"!

When asked why aren't the Chevy boxes are used for this, the response was " they are usually so weak & rusted out that they are only good for scrap.

Personally, I don't like to see a box with running gear used as trailer.
Unless of course someone has converted it to a tent trailer
Old 07-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Posting Guru

Colossus is starting off with a positive reputation.

Well, I kind of like the idea, and trailers are handy little things to have around the farm. The only bad thing is they aren't big enough in my opinion. I like my trailers to have at least a 12' bed.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold

They are too small but the price was very small. One thing I did do was hook up the ebrake cables to a lever so I could park the trailer on a grade, -works good. My trailer has a tongue weight of about 50# so you can maneuver it by hand.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Post Fiend

pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
patfogle DaPocky

WE have one that is a 59 Ford, I foreget the story behind it. But my dad made it about 25 years ago and it still hauls more that any newer truck could.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Post Fiend

rebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud of

They look nice if they match the truck pulling it. They are good off-road because you can use normal sized tires, which are cheaper than trailer tires, that can roll over anything the truck can. Plus, they can carry more weight, no funky wheel bearings, etc. Bad thing is no electric braking system so your truck has to do all the stopping!

Libraries are like art museums for the printed word.

Bronco IIs and 4x4 E-series -
the best Fords, because I own them!
Old 07-09-2003, 05:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation