Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Senior User

wallsy is starting off with a positive reputation.
New F250

I have just been reading an article in the Sunday mail regarding the new F250,s.
I see that Performax have been granted government approval to import, convert and sell the new F250 series. The trucks will be due for release around august next year at this stage with the price being between $100,000 to $125,000 depending on the model and US exchange rates. These trucks will have nothing to do with ford Australia and will not need an independent engineers approval and have approval for registration in all states and territories.

It would be nice to have a new one, but at over double the price of the truck in the US is just crazy.
99 F350 SD XLT LB 7.3L, 16 x 10 Eagle Alloys, 35" Dick Cepek Tyres, 4" Lift, Dual Front Tower Shocks, Dual Front Steering Damper, Intank Filter Mod, 4" Dual Exhaust, CCV, AIH, FRX, HPX, Banks Ram Air Intake, OCR, EBPV Delete, AFE Blade Runner Manifold, CAC Boots, Plenum Reo Inserts, Garrett Intake, Garrett 38R, Garrett Hiflow Outlet, Banks, Intercooler, Towmaster Transcooler,BD Trans Sump, JWVB, DP F6 Chip.
Truck Still Under Construction, and by the look of things, it always will be!!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
Hi Wallsy,

I like the look of the new trucks. I've also got 2 main reservations:
1) Price - you'd have to really earn some money with the truck to justify the outlay - which I don't;
2) the body of knowledge & parts available to help you keep the truck up & running without haemorrhaging money - which is still nothing like the support you get with the 7.3.

So just like cricket, there are 3 choices to think about: yes, no, or wait.

I hovering somewhere between no & wait ATM.

cheers 4 now!
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Freshman User

2-many-toys is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a 2012 SWB FX4 F250 and love it. It's worth every cent (although double the US price sucks!!).

Harrison F Trucks in VIC (converted by VDC and supported by All American Driveline) already import and sell them. Not sure what's special about Performax doing it? I've had awesome support from Harrison F Trucks and All American Driveline and the conversion by VDC is very tidy. I have no doubt I'll get another one from them in the future.

Cheers, Mal.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
I'm going thru the hoops and loops to import my F250 I have in the states. Sadly on the expense side, I can see why they are charging those prices. First of all, the conversion is an expensive process (cheapest quote I saw was 25 grand, and that was by a New Zealand company where I would have to ship truck to NZ, then to Aus, most expensive quote was 38 grand from an Aus company). Shipping from the US is about 4-5 grand (another 4 grand to ship it from NZ if I used that shop), then there is GST/LCT/Stamp Duty...

As for a truck. Its very good. Its much faster, quieter, more economical, comfortable etc. but I also miss my old 7.3 - mostly because it was a manual.

Also, as Simon said, parts are a bit of a concern. Oil/Fuel/Air filters I'll have to order from the US, and if it ever gives any trouble, I have to accept that I might be without the truck for a month or so as I order in parts.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Freshman User

It's actually not that bad. The guys here seem to stock the common stuff, and even the not-so-common stuff is here within a few days. After waiting for months, for parts for a Jaguar and BMW over the last few years, a week seems quick! Hell, it can take a week to get a Ford Falcon part from Melbourne to Sydney.

Good luck getting yours over. It will be worth it, and if the conversion is a good one it will hold its value too.

Cheers, Mal.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
I didn't know that about the parts Mal, good to know.

I did follow your lead, and bought a Northstar camper to put on the back of my truck for when it comes back too.

I managed to find a shop here in the states that will do the conversion for a reasonable price - they seem to do a bunch of US government contract work, I saw 2 Ford Raptors that they had converted, and was really impressed, they also have a small quantity import license to Aus, so if all goes well with my import I'll share their details for anyone else looking to go down the path.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigF350 View Post
I didn't know that about the parts Mal, good to know.

I did follow your lead, and bought a Northstar camper to put on the back of my truck for when it comes back too.

I managed to find a shop here in the states that will do the conversion for a reasonable price - they seem to do a bunch of US government contract work, I saw 2 Ford Raptors that they had converted, and was really impressed, they also have a small quantity import license to Aus, so if all goes well with my import I'll share their details for anyone else looking to go down the path.

now thats giving me half a chubbie
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
now thats giving me half a chubbie
Dodge ,Ford ,Dodge ,Ford

Hmmmm
Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
yep like em both. If you made me choose right now I would take the RAM. Especially now they have the 1500 with the 3.0ltr.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Internet Brands

Have you seen the payload on those Brian?
My Courier can carry more.

I do like that you can still get the Ram 2500/3500 with a manual trans tho, and I like that they have added rear coils/airbags from the factory on the 2500 (altho you can't manually adjust them...). I'm definitely a Ford fan, but was very close to getting a 2500 Ram with a manual trans and Cummins.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
yep like em both. If you made me choose right now I would take the RAM. Especially now they have the 1500 with the 3.0ltr.
1500 WTF don't go girly on me now bruvva....

Im driving a cummins atm 600 HP,2050lbs torque,goes good..
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Freshman User

Ninja380 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I could buy a new f250, or pay off the house.....

There is a MOB called SCD, I drive past there all the time, they have dodge and ford, also chevy, they are making a killing, My mate lives near one of them. Apparently they make from $30000 and up (per unit). Having said that, they may only sell one a month. still gotta pay the bills.

Right Hand Drive Conversions | Dodge Ram Conversions

I'm currently applying for jobs out on the GAS fields, which will make my disposable income a little higher. Still will pay the house off 1st, then maybe buy a bigger house.

taking donations ..... now.....
Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja380 View Post
I could buy a new f250, or pay off the house.....

There is a MOB called SCD, I drive past there all the time, they have dodge and ford, also chevy, they are making a killing, My mate lives near one of them. Apparently they make from $30000 and up (per unit). Having said that, they may only sell one a month. still gotta pay the bills.

Right Hand Drive Conversions | Dodge Ram Conversions

I'm currently applying for jobs out on the GAS fields, which will make my disposable income a little higher. Still will pay the house off 1st, then maybe buy a bigger house.

taking donations ..... now.....

pffft, pay off the house. U dont go buy and say, wow - that is one sweet looking house. Now buy a brand new f truck. yeh baby
Old 07-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Elder User

Quote:
pffft, pay off the house. U dont go buy and say, wow - that is one sweet looking house. Now buy a brand new f truck. yeh baby

Yep fekkin house is over rated,got me Ftruck nothing else matters.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Freshman User

Yep, the saying goes "he who dies with the most toys wins", not he who pays of his mortgage wins ;-)
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM