Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Name:  xIgzNJ3.png
Views: 24
Size:  585.6 KB

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Jeff Gordon roared to his 5th-career Brickyard 400 Sunday afternoon at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He stands alone as the only NASCAR driver to score five wins at the hallowed speedway, his first of those was 20 years ago. And, he and Formula 1 driver Michael Schumaker stand alone as 5-time Indy winners over all forms of racing.

“Every time I come here to Indianapolis I feel like we have a shot at winning,” said Gordon. “It’s just a special place and I love racing here.

“This weekend in particular, you know; the first couple of laps that I felt this racecar. I knew that we had a racecar that was capable of winning this race. It just had the feel. It had the balance that I love to have. I think we showed that today, just how strong this car is.

Gordon led three different times during the race and was a constant presence in the top five. A late race restart (lap 143 of 160) alongside teammate Kasey Kahne gave him the opportunity to surge ahead and to the victory.

“I’m terrible on restarts, I didn’t think I wanted to see a restart,” said the race winner. “Out of nowhere, I have the restart of my life at the most important moment that you could ask for in a race, in a season, at a race like this. So that was awesome, just awesome.”

From there it was no looking back as he scored his 2nd win of the season and 90th career victory.

The Joe Gibbs Racing trio of Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, and Matt Kenseth chased Gordon across the finish line. Joey Logano finished fifth. Kahne settled for a disappointing sixth-place finish.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s win is the 15th by Team Flowmaster drivers in the 20 races this season.

Top 10 Finishers:
1. Jeff Gordon**
2. Kyle Busch**
3. Denny Hamlin**
4. Matt Kenseth**
5. Joey Logano
6. Kasey Kahne**
7. Kyle Larson**
8. Kevin Harvick**
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
10. Austin Dillon**
**Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: GoBowling.com 400, Pocono Raceway
Sunday, August 3, 2014

Old 08-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway

Name:  aWzv8Yb.png
Views: 23
Size:  497.1 KB

LONG POND, PA – Team Flowmaster driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. wheeled his Hendrick Motorsports Chevy SS to victory in Sunday’s GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway. Combined with his win at the track in June it marks the first time since 2006 that a driver has won both races at the “Tricky Triangle.”

“We definitely went home from the last race and made our car better,” said Earnhardt Jr. “That’s what I’m proud of this team for.”

As often is the case a Pocono, teams used a variety of strategies throughout the 400-miles, and it was a gamble by Earnhardt’s crew chief Steve Letarte that got him close to the front of the field. On a late race restart, with 14 laps to go, he was able to wrestle the lead away from Greg Biffle and held on for victory.

“It takes a really, really smart guy to understand what to do to take those gambles,” said Earnhardt of his crew chief. “We had a fast car all day. Steve’s strategy was perfect at the end. I don’t know if anyone knew what was going on there, but it was pretty awesome.

“Sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don’t,” summed up the victor.

It was Earnhardt’s third win of the season and his 22nd career victory. His three wins this year tie him with Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson with the most. The win was Hendrick Motorsports fifth consecutive at Pocono.

Kevin Harvick gave Earnhardt a challenge on the final restart of the race but settled for second. Joey Logano was third, Clint Bowyer fourth and Team Flowmaster driver Greg Biffle was fifth, his third top-five finish of the season.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s win is the 16th by Team Flowmaster drivers in the 21 races this season.

Top 10 Finishers:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
2. Kevin Harvick**
3. Joey Logano
4. Clint Bowyer
5. Greg Biffle**
6. Jeff Gordon**
7. Jamie McMurray**
8. Ryan Newman**
9. Denny Hamlin**
10. Kasey Kahne**

Next Race: Cheez-It 355, Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International
Sunday, August 10, 2014

Last edited by Matt@Flowmaster; 08-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen International

Name:  DtungeM.png
Size:  501.3 KB

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – Team Flowmaster driver A.J. Allmendinger drove his JTG Daugherty Chevy into victory lane for the first time in his career Sunday in the Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen International. He joins Aric Almirola as the second first-time winner this season and with the win qualifies for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.

“My gosh; I can’t believe we’ve won a NASCAR Sprint Cup race,” said the jubilant Allmendinger. “With this whole 47 team, our first Cup victory together, my first victory….I love these guys.

“I just wanted it so bad for them and this team. They work so hard. I wasn’t gonna let Marcos take that from me.”

While Allmendinger led the final 30 laps, he did fend off a major challenge from Australian road-racing ace Marcos Ambrose for the win. In fact, the duo swapped the lead a few times throughout the waning laps, with Allmendinger able to get back in front each time the crossed the start-finish line. In the end, it was an advantage of just over a second for the California native’s first win.

Ambrose finished second with Kurt Busch third. Kyle Larson was fourth in his first Watkins Glen start with Carl Edwards making it a complete Team Flowmaster sweep of the top-five in fifth.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Allmendinger is the 10th different Team Flowmaster driver to win this season and the 17th victory in 22 races this year for team drivers.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. A.J. Allmendinger**
2. Marcos Ambrose**
3. Kurt Busch**
4. Kyle Larson**
5. Carl Edwards**
6. Joey Logano
7. Kevin Harvick**
8. Greg Biffle**
9. Matt Kenseth**
10. Brian Vickers

Next Race: Pure Michigan 400, Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, August 17, 2014

Old 08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway

Name:  vBsHB0p.png
Views: 25
Size:  585.3 KB

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Team Flowmaster driver Jeff Gordon raced to his third win of 2014 Sunday in the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway. While it was Gordon’s third victory, it marked the 18th time this season that the Flowmaster colors have visited victory lane.

“Extremely exciting,” exclaimed Gordon following the win. “Wasn’t an easy victory, even though we had a great racecar. Those restarts are so crucial, but also intense here.”

Gordon and Joey Logano had the dominant cars over the 400-mile race leading a combined 154 of the 200 laps. Logano led to a lap 184 restart when Gordon was able to get the best of him into the lead.

Ironically, it was a late race restart a few weeks back at Indianapolis Motor Speedway that enabled Gordon to get his second win of the year.

“Somebody that’s been getting beat up over the years about restarts, it’s pretty nice to have the last two wins come down to restarts,” said a jubilant Gordon. “That’s just building all our confidence in what we’re doing, making these races a lot of fun to go to.”

Kevin Harvick finished in second with Logano third. Paul Menard was fourth with Dale Earnhardt Jr. completing the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s three wins tie him with fellow Team Flowmaster drivers Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr., as well as Brad Keselowski for the most wins this season.

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Jeff Gordon**
2. Kevin Harvick**
3. Joey Logano
4. Paul Menard
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
6. Clint Bowyer
7. Denny Hamlin**
8. Brad Keselowski
9. Jimmie Johnson**
10. Greg Biffle**

** Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: IRWIN Tools Night Race, Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway
Saturday, August 23, 2014

Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway

Name:  5Yxw4UY.png
Size:  543.9 KB

Bristol, Tenn. – Joey Logano, driving his Penske Racing Ford, scored his third win of the 2014 season Saturday day in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway. While Logano celebrated his sixth-career victory, Team Flowmaster Drivers scored seven of the top-10 spots.

“When I woke up this morning, I wasn’t sure if we were a winning car or not,” said Logano in victory lane. “But, Todd Gordon (crew chief) is a good salesman. He pretty much sold me into thinking we had a winning car. We made some small adjustments on it all night and got our third win of the year.

Logano took the lead from Matt Kenseth on lap 456 of the 500-mile run and held off a late race challenge from his teammate Brad Keselowski for the win.

“What a year we’re having, I’m having so much fun,” continued Logano. “The past six or seven races have been unbelievable. We’ve been running up front and it’s just been so much fun.”

Keselowski crossed the line less than a half-second behind Logano. Team Flowmaster Drivers Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch completed the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 18 of the 24 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Joey Logano
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Matt Kenseth **
4. Jimmie Johnson **
5. Kurt Busch **
6. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.**
7. Carl Edwards**
8. Jamie McMurray**
9. Paul Menard
10. Greg Biffle**

Next Race:

Oral-B USA 500, Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, August 31, 2014

Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Matt@Flowmaster
Former Vendor
Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway

Name:  9p4DhYb.png
Views: 23
Size:  473.0 KB

HAMPTON, Ga.Team Flowmaster Driver Kasey Kahne added his name to the 2014 winners list Sunday night with victory in the Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, he led a complete sweep of the top 10 by Team Flowmaster Drivers.

Kahne started 10th and spent the bulk of the race working to make his car perform better, a task they accomplished by the end of the race. He led late and looked to be cruising to victory when a pair of late-race cautions nearly cost him the win. On the final restart, as the race went into overtime, he was able to wrestle the lead back from Matt Kenseth and roll on to victory.

“We were all over the place during the race,” said Kahne, the 11th different Team Flowmaster Driver to win this season. “But the guys stayed with me and worked hard. On those restarts; I didn’t know what would happen. So, it was a team effort and the guys did a great job tonight and I’m pretty pumped to be here.”

Kahne’s win also locked him into a coveted spot in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup which starts in two weeks. It was his 17th career victory and means all four Hendrick Motorsport (all part of Team Flowmaster) teams will be in the championship run.

Kenseth finished second with Denny Hamlin third. Jimmie Johnson was fourth with Carl Edwards fifth. Of note, Danica Patrick had her career-best finish with a sixth-place run.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 19 of the 25 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Kasey Kahne**
2. Matt Kenseth**
3. Denny Hamlin**
4. Jimmie Johnson**
5. Carl Edwards**
6. Danica Patrick**
7. Ryan Newman**
8. Kyle Larson**
9. Aric Almirola**
10. Greg Biffle**