Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2003, 07:52 PM
New User

Phreetogo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Veggy Oil Conversion Question

I recently got my truck up and running on Veggy Oil again. I had to rearrange things a bit and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how this might affect my IP or other things. Under the normal set fuel goes from the tank to the lift pump to the filter and then to the IP. I now have it set up in this order. The tank to the filter to the lift pump to the IP inorder to incorporate two filters one for the veggy and one for the diesel without mixing the fuels too much. Any idea if this strains the lift pump or injection pump? Any alternatives to this idea if it does? thanks a lot for all your help. John
Old 07-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Senior User

argve is starting off with a positive reputation.
Veggy Oil Conversion Question

Fluid pumps like to push not pull. So with that in mind, the best case is the pump before the filters.

The veggie oil should actually be better for the IJ pump, since it will lube the living snot out it. I would almost bet that you will get longer life out of the pump and injectors.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/argve1/Enterprise.html
Old 07-14-2003, 02:25 PM
New User

BlockBore is starting off with a positive reputation.

Phreetogo,
Where are you getting your veggy oil? I am looking to start running my truck on veggy oil but I have not been able to find a good CHEAP source of veggy oil. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:59 PM
New User

Phreetogo is starting off with a positive reputation.

I get my oil by asking restraunt owners if I can pump their old grease out of their barrels. They usually don't mind if you don't make a mess. They usually have to pay to have their oil hauled away so it is good for both of us. Check out this link there is lots of good info if you are getting into this. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Good luck, John
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?...51&f=898605551
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Junior User

ctbiodzl is starting off with a positive reputation.

You need to heat the WVO too.
See posts by danalinscott for info on 6.9/7.3 WVO conversions
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 PM