Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Postmaster

Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Keep the stock air filter setup, it has superior filtering ability and our PSD only revs to 4k so you don't need more airflow at our rpms, plus, the aftermarket isn't as good at keeping dust out of the turbo!

Reliability requires monitoring for problems and fixing/upgrading the issue before it gets more expensive. Save your modding $$$ until you start watching temps, voltages, pressures, etc.

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup
'05 EB Excursion 2wd 6.0 3.73/LS Mich LTX M/S2, Diesel Kleen (gray bottle), FICM w/atlas40 from Ed, RAS, Read Head Steering, scangaugeII w/Blendmount, '08+ Tow Mirrors, Magnefine PS filter, SPAtechnique Dual-Gauge (FP & Volt), Blue Spring, Air Lift 1000, Interior Dome Override, DieselSite Coolant Filter, BPD Oil & EGR coolers, Rancho RS9000, Hellwig, Diehard Platinum x2
Old 06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Senior User

slowlanemcvane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks, I'm looking at getting a monitoring system that also has available tunes in it so I can mount it and keep an eye on things.

I've also looked at gauge pods, like the 2-gauge or 3-gauge a-pillar setup to accomplish the same basic thing.

I'm thinking I should maybe do both. Buy the a-pillar gauge pod, get a set of gauges, and get a monitoring and tuning system as well (Bully Dog, Banks, something similar) with a mild tune.

I don't want to go crazy. This truck is, first and foremost, a family hauling rig that will see some towing and utility use, and some usage as a daily driver, so I don't want it to be anything approaching insane power and must also maintain emissions legality, due to my need to drive it on military bases for work. I like the power that it has, but a slight bump in power, throttle response, and MPG would be welcome.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Elder User

Mr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to beholdMr.Nobody is a splendid one to behold
My suggestion is to start with a FICM tune. Throw the Atlas 40 on there and you will get throttle response and a bump in power. Very slight, but the throttle response is the big one.

2005 Ex. 6l w/'04 sticker on valve cover, FICM by Ed. Thanks USCG_PA for the CAC pipe!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Senior User

slowlanemcvane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That would be about the perfect setup for me. As long as it's a "clean" tune that doesn't throw smoke, I'd be okay with that.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:21 PM