Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Freshman User

l8000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for you T444E experts!!!!

I recently purchased a 1996 International 4700 with a 19ft. aluminum rollback bed on it. Got an excellent deal on it even with suspected engine problems. It had been into 4 different shops all who couldn't figure out the engine issue and repeatedly threw parts at it trying to fix it. After the last shop put brand new injectors in it for around $1500 and a new FICM, the owner decided he was done. It would idle fine but seem to miss and cut out between 1500 and 2000 rpm. It also smoked white(smelled like diesel) so bad you couldn't see. Upon purchasing it, I made the decision to drive it home and most of the issue went away. Still running fine about 200 miles later. I did change the fuel filter prior to driving it as it was black and there appeared to be oil in the diesel probably from before the injectors were changed. Any idea what the issue was? Never any check engine lights either.

Now, my valley has oil standing in it, appears to to be coming from HPOP. What would you do, reman HPOP or just "o" rings? Its a pain to get to because the power steering pump is right above it. Any advice on removal?

Also, my clutch has started to slip from many years of misuse by employees. Can you recommend a replacement that fits the Spicer 5 speed that's of good quality?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Freshman User

Bump......anyone out there???
Old 06-16-2014, 10:11 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
This outfit that I have been buying clutches from these guys for 30+ years is family owned and have used their clutches in many applications from Hot Rods, work trucks & racing applications. Just tell them of any concerns, what you have, etc and they will discuss with you what their recommendations are...I can honestly state that I have never had and issue with anything I have every purchased from them and it always works the 1st time- just like it is suppose to! They typically cost less than most of the competitors, provide 24 hour turn-around and the assemblies always work (literally) just exactly the way they should....I just can't say enough about these guys. Just tell them what you have, how you use it and any concerns/issues.

Clutchmasters
267 E. Valley Blvd.
Rialto, CA
909-877-6800
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Freshman User

Thanks, I'll give them a call sometime soon and talk to them about getting a clutch. As far as my HPOP leak, it seems to be slowing down. Hoping it was just dry seals and driving it has started to seal it up.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Senior User

finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Try your International dealer before you spring for a will-fit aftermarket clutch. They can provide a clutch engineered for the job by professionals, and many times the price is as good as a will-fit.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM