6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2015 SuperDuty PSD orders - post your info here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:49 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdashner
Just ordered mine on Monday (9/15)

F-350 SRW, crewcab, short box, 6.7L, Lariat in Bronze Fire with Black Interior

3.55 ELD
AT tires
Rapid Heat
Cab steps
Clearance Lights
Upfitter Switches
Lariat Interior Package
Camper Package

Let the waiting begin....
Congrats on ordering, Cdashner! As purplewg mentioned, I'll be happy to provide you with weekly updates on your truck's status. Shoot a PM my way with your order number and dealership name/location.

Crystal

Old 09-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Cdashner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by purplewg
Good deal. Dealer give you an ETA? Mine took 6 weeks and the dealer was telling me 10-12. Check with Crystal here and she will keep you up to date.
Yes. And it was so that I don't believe him.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Got my VIN from my dealer yesterday and after a quick PM to Crystal I found out that my truck has been built and is in transit. Scheduled for delivery to my dealer sometime around Sept 30th. Not bad in my books considering the truck was ordered on Aug 27th. Thanks again Crystal!!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:15 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by purplewg
Good deal. Dealer give you an ETA? Mine took 6 weeks and the dealer was telling me 10-12. Check with Crystal here and she will keep you up to date.
Yes. And it was so that I don't believe him.
It's actually foolish for the dealer to quote a shorter delivery time than Ford tells them. Yes, most of the time they beat the 10-12 weeks, but there are two variables that will dictate the delivery time for the most part:
1) Plant capacity (how backed up are they - can they keep up with orders?)
2) Shipping time (Ford does not transport as they are not in the transportation logistics business - it is subcontracted to multiple vendors)

Originally Posted by Brandon D
Got my VIN from my dealer yesterday and after a quick PM to Crystal I found out that my truck has been built and is in transit. Scheduled for delivery to my dealer sometime around Sept 30th. Not bad in my books considering the truck was ordered on Aug 27th. Thanks again Crystal!!
That is pretty doggoned fast - all which tells me that the plant is not running behind or at full capacity.. Now lets see how the transport logistics works out! Don't forget to post a pic of your new truck here when it comes in!

Crystal is tops..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Brandon D
... Thanks again Crystal!!
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
...Crystal is tops..
You got it, guys! It's my pleasure to help!

Crystal

Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Brandon,
WOW!!! Mine was ordered on the 26th, a day before yours, Crystal told me on Tuesday it was in production, I will have to circle back to her for another update, hope mine is in transit as well.
Great news for you!
Crystal rocks for keeping us up to date!!!
Pat

Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Thanks Guys, I definitely agree it is fast if it does show up by the end of the month. My guess is that they all sat around one day and designed the ultimate truck and had it sitting there to inspire everyone. Then I placed my order and they realized I had the same vision so they are shipping it to me, hahaha. I will definitely post pics when it arrives.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:33 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by LabCab
...Crystal rocks for keeping us up to date!!!
Pat
Thanks, Pat! You guys just keep making my day even brighter.

Crystal

Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Cdashner
New User
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
It's actually foolish for the dealer to quote a shorter delivery time than Ford tells them. Yes, most of the time they beat the 10-12 weeks, but there are two variables that will dictate the delivery time for the most part:
1) Plant capacity (how backed up are they - can they keep up with orders?)
2) Shipping time (Ford does not transport as they are not in the transportation logistics business - it is subcontracted to multiple vendors)

That is pretty doggoned fast - all which tells me that the plant is not running behind or at full capacity.. Now lets see how the transport logistics works out! Don't forget to post a pic of your new truck here when it comes in!

Crystal is tops..
That was my point on how short of a time I was told. When you think about it from a timeline standpoint:
I ordered late on Monday (near 8pm closing time)

Ford pulls the orders within a few days (first week almost gone)

I'm guessing you have a minimum of 1 to 2 weeks to get to build with the sequencing that needs to happen to have the rights parts in the right stations in the right order.

After build it goes into the lot to be shipped (I would expect it will sit from a few day up to a week before it gets loaded to rail)

I expect at least a few days (if not 4 weeks to travel to every corner of the country at least 3 times j/k) on rail to get to my general area

Another few days in a lot before being loaded onto a truck for delivery

It would seem that 4-5 weeks would be an absolute minimum if everything went perfectly.

My dealer told me "within 1 month". I am expecting 6 to 8 weeks, but hoping he is right!!

And yes, I agree that is pretty cool that Crystal is here trying to help. I find it very interesting that Ford is investing in trying to up the ante in satisifaction via forums/social media. Every beef I have ever had with Ford resides in the Dealers. Ford doesn't have that much direct control over them since a dealer can keep the issues internal to the dealership. Not sure what Crystals abilities are, but would suspect that if I am griping about my dealer and she gets involved, there will be some feedback between Ford and the Dealership that attempts to remedy the situation if there is a remedy available.

Makes me wish I knew about that participation when my wives Explorer was diagnosed with bad struts and strut mounts at 45k and the dealer pretty much said it was out of warranty and bend over and only fixed half the problem.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
...And yes, I agree that is pretty cool that Crystal is here trying to help. I find it very interesting that Ford is investing in trying to up the ante in satisifaction via forums/social media. Every beef I have ever had with Ford resides in the Dealers. Ford doesn't have that much direct control over them since a dealer can keep the issues internal to the dealership. Not sure what Crystals abilities are, but would suspect that if I am griping about my dealer and she gets involved, there will be some feedback between Ford and the Dealership that attempts to remedy the situation if there is a remedy available.

Makes me wish I knew about that participation when my wives Explorer was diagnosed with bad struts and strut mounts at 45k and the dealer pretty much said it was out of warranty and bend over and only fixed half the problem.
Hey, Cdashner!

As fun as it is for me to help with tracking orders, I'm also here to help with vehicle concerns. If you (or anyone else on the forum), has an issue with their truck, I can check out all the resources available to me to help. This can include escalating the issue to a regional customer service manager, documenting feedback about the dealership or product, or reaching out to my technical contacts.

How's your wife's Explorer doing now? Just because this is a truck forum doesn't mean I can't help out with Explorers, too!

Crystal

Old 09-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Cdashner
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
How's your wife's Explorer doing now? Just because this is a truck forum doesn't mean I can't help out with Explorers, too!

Crystal
Everything got dealt with, but it was much harder than it had to be. All is fine now. Thanks for asking though.

That dealer experience is the biggest reason I am buying from Scott who is 20 Miles away instead of the dealer 2 miles from me. I wish you could fix dealers!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by CP Ranch

Picked up my Pretty Beast.
2015 F350 King Ranch 4X4 SRW SB
Payload = 3286 lbs

She's gorgeous, congrats fellow 2015 KR owner. Rep points sent.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Everything got dealt with, but it was much harder than it had to be. All is fine now. Thanks for asking though...
You're welcome, Cdashner! Don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need any help in the future; I'm just a PM away.

Crystal

Old 09-23-2014, 07:48 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Do any of you know what "In Production" means? I was under the impression that it takes roughly 24 hours for a Superduty to get produced once it hits the production line.
My truck has had the status of "In Production" for over a week now. The Window sticker has 9/15 as the date and on 9/16 Crystal told me it was at the status of "In Production with an ETA of 10/15, subject to change. I am perfectly OK with the 10/15 date, but am now worried about my truck still being listed as "In Production" for so long.
I hope it is not one of the ones that failed one or more inspections and is now held up....
Probably stressing for nothing, but wanted to reach out to the experienced gang here to see what people know.
Thanks.
Pat

Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine was in "Production" for roughly 3 weeks as I recall.. I believe that is when the truck is actually scheduled to be built. I would have to believe that they have all the components for each work station that may be different from one truck to the next - all have to be scheduled and synchronized to go to the right vehicles. I would be willing to bet that they schedule paint much in the same manner rather than switching colors every truck..

Quick Reply: 2015 SuperDuty PSD orders - post your info here!