6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

BAD diesel mechanics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:29 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by spinto
parts....HPOP...ICP.....IPR.....all without approvals. $3100 repair.

the help!!

Here another reason I think it makes a SHOP Do Not Use List

Now Look at this Guys ^^^IDK where he Lives BUT 6month vback most you know I did a HPOP on my 03 I had Ford Give me an Estimate for HPOP R&R it was $1800.00 And Likely would have Hit 2K at Ford After said and Done. BUT I Feel that is FAIR for theType work per Industry Standard

ALSO KEEP in MIND an 03 (WHAT I BASED MONEY OFF OF) is more Labor Intensive being the Intake Manafold must come out

He Got Charged for 3 Separate Repairs Here^^^^ Billed as though EACH thing was a Single repair

All of you that have done it KNOW Full well a ICP and IPR Replacement is Nothing when you DIG you way to the HPOP

Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
His was a 2005 the Intake can stay In the truck

So $$6300.00 Dollars for a Standpipe and D-Plug Repair

Did they replace HPO Rail Cups and orings

Old 06-14-2014, 02:42 PM
spinto
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
WTF??? Which shop did you take your truck to? This is news to me.
Hey Mike....per our emails...i couldnt get hold of you. You were my first choice!! The shop is Roadway down on Eastern. They had done for our corp trucks back in the 70's and 80's on occasion. But they were too far away from our head office at Keele and Finch. I'm a 20 min walk away from their shop. it seemed like a good fit at that time.

Going forward i will have to wait for you and no one else. The truck works well when its working. Other than the head gasket re&re. I have had no trouble at all. We did a trip to Saskatchewan...4200 miles return....the rig weighed 21,000lbs and we spent $1100 on fuel. I was very happy!!

Old 06-14-2014, 02:44 PM
spinto
Junior User
Originally Posted by BLADE35
BUt the 2nd Time he took Back is His Fault

If I was the Judge I would get his money back for the First round of Repairs

But I would Stick him with the second round repair bill

Sorry Pretty safe to say he knew how it would go and still went back

This is a great example of why we need a GOOD/BAD Shop List

This is CLEARLY an Example of a SHOP F^$%ING its customers in more ways then 1
It's hardly my fault. In Canada when you pay for a repair there is an implied warranty. The truck had the identical problem 2 miles and 30 minutes away from the shop. I'd think twice before becoming a judge.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 PM
spinto
Junior User
His was a 2005 the Intake can stay In the truck

So $$6300.00 Dollars for a Standpipe and D-Plug Repair

Did they replace HPO Rail Cups and orings
btw....your post content didnt completely show.

Not sure exactly what was the extent of the second repair since they never provided any written even when they asked for payment. All i know is what they told me. I had 4 injectors replaced with cups and Orings when i did the heads.

My plan is to shedule an apt with Mike and have him do a once over on the truck. From chafing points to a high pressure test on high pressure oil system....OR...whatever he tells me to do!! I've built and raced turbo cars and offshore boats....so i'm well versed on motor and turbo issues...BUT...i am not an expert....i'll leave that to Mike.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:09 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
It's hardly my fault. In Canada when you pay for a repair there is an implied warranty. The truck had the identical problem 2 miles and 30 minutes away from the shop. I'd think twice before becoming a judge.

I Know your basically caught in a TRAP
Don't get me wrong This type **** Pisses me Off

I Do know it was a Very HARD DESISION TO GO BACK!!!!!! A Gamble to see if they will make it right all the way around. And yes I have seen a few shops step up and admit Fault and make it right

BUT this Shop sure didn't make it right
That's why I think they make a do not use list

The issue I see is it was a Warrantee on something that wasn't the problem if the warrantee is only for New Parts

Your problem was most likely the typical Hot No Start and on an 05+ the Standpipes and D-Plugs would be Suspect Generally NOT a HPOP and especially not a HPOP on a 05+ that's RARE Failure.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:16 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
I think your very WISE to just let Mike Fix it if you live in that area

Whats a Canada Warrantee cover??

Old 06-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
After paying $3100 dollars in unapproved repairwork. I would be damned if I wouldn't take it back and demand it fixed (for free) or a full refund. That judge needs to stick it to the shop HARD CORE. This gentleman's only failure was not calling the police when he asked for a estimate and got a invoice.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:27 PM
spinto
Junior User
I Know your basically caught in a TRAP
Don't get me wrong This type **** Pisses me Off

I Do know it was a Very HARD DESISION TO GO BACK!!!!!! A Gamble to see if they will make it right all the way around. And yes I have seen a few shops step up and admit Fault and make it right

BUT this Shop sure didn't make it right
That's why I think they make a do not use list

The issue I see is it was a Warrantee on something that wasn't the problem if the warrantee is only for New Parts

Your problem was most likely the typical Hot No Start and on an 05+ the Standpipes and D-Plugs would be Suspect Generally NOT a HPOP and especially not a HPOP on a 05+ that's RARE Failure.
I pulled this from our Government website:

Warranty

Part VI of the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 provides a statutory warranty of 90 days or 5,000 km, whichever comes first, on all new and reconditioned parts and associated labour. But repairers are free to provide warranty coverage beyond that outlined by the legislation. As well, the act states suppliers, including repair shops, must guarantee that services provided are of a reasonably acceptable quality.

If your vehicle breaks down during the warranty period, or becomes unsafe to drive, take it back to the repair shop. If this isn’t reasonable or practical, you can have it repaired at the closest facility. By law, the original shop has to pay back the money you were charged for the repair, as well as any reasonable towing costs involved.

If the original repair shop refuses, you can take your vehicle to another shop and ask for a written assessment indicating that the original repairs were not carried out properly. You are then in a position to take the matter back to the original repair shop or to court, or you can file a complaint with the ministry.

The fact that the law exists....it made it easy for me to go back. I do, however, have to have the work checked out.

Btw....I had all of the updates done when i did the EGR delete, if they could get at them. And the rest of it done with the head gaskets.

The truck is an '05 but with an '04 motor. Btw....i bought the truck in 2008 with 25,000 miles on it. It now has 102,000 miles. Not alot!!

It's unfortunate that there are shops than plan their retirement on these motors!!

BLADE35....thanks for all your input btw. and to all on this site!! This site is a valuable tool!!

Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
See and by reading that it is Unclear So I assume the warrantee is for only parts that have been replaced by said shop or that's all they would be on the Hook For

And I should been more Clear about the Judge part LOL

Its Clear the 2nd repair was the Fix so some of that is Reasonable to pay SHop for Standpipe and D-plug repair, BUT NOT 3200.00

I would make that shop pay you back about 5300.00 Bucks or Basicaly only let them charge you for the Total Cost for a SP and D-Plug Job for that Area. I would make them Eat the Cost of all the parts that got Needlessly replaced but was still Good and there Labor to Install them Since they failed to do there JOB in a Professional mannor

That's me being FAIR LOL^^^

I think they should have to give you a Full refund they never got authorized to work on it maybe the need to rethink there Business practice

Things would be different in the world if it wasn't always the Auto Owner that had to pay for Negligent or Shady Business Pratices

Old 06-14-2014, 07:15 PM
spinto
Junior User
See and by reading that it is Unclear So I assume the warrantee is for only parts that have been replaced by said shop or that's all they would be on the Hook For....It speaks to the associated labour as well

And I should been more Clear about the Judge part LOL

Its Clear the 2nd repair was the Fix so some of that is Reasonable to pay SHop for Standpipe and D-plug repair, BUT NOT 3200.00

I would make that shop pay you back about 5300.00 Bucks or Basicaly only let them charge you for the Total Cost for a SP and D-Plug Job for that Area. I would make them Eat the Cost of all the parts that got Needlessly replaced but was still Good and there Labor to Install them Since they failed to do there JOB in a Professional mannor

That's me being FAIR LOL^^^

I think they should have to give you a Full refund they never got authorized to work on it maybe the need to rethink there Business practice

Things would be different in the world if it wasn't always the Auto Owner that had to pay for Negligent or Shady Business Pratices

As much as ii would like to take them to court....one has to weigh the risk vs reward....it could backfire!! I'll know in a couple of weeks or so.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As much as ii would like to take them to court....one has to weigh the risk vs reward....it could backfire!! I'll know in a couple of weeks or so.
Could backfire? You would have to pay twice... The result would be case dismissed as you already paid.

There's a shop here in VA Beach doing the same thing to customers. Everything comes back not fixed correctly for more repairs and higher costs because they never fixed it correctly. I've heard this about them from 4 different people. May be the way they conduct business on a daily basis. .. you need to take them to court!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:22 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I pulled this from our Government website:

Warranty

Part VI of the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 provides a statutory warranty of 90 days or 5,000 km, whichever comes first, on all new and reconditioned parts and associated labour. But repairers are free to provide warranty coverage beyond that outlined by the legislation. As well, the act states suppliers, including repair shops, must guarantee that services provided are of a reasonably acceptable quality.

If your vehicle breaks down during the warranty period, or becomes unsafe to drive, take it back to the repair shop. If this isn’t reasonable or practical, you can have it repaired at the closest facility. By law, the original shop has to pay back the money you were charged for the repair, as well as any reasonable towing costs involved.

If the original repair shop refuses, you can take your vehicle to another shop and ask for a written assessment indicating that the original repairs were not carried out properly. You are then in a position to take the matter back to the original repair shop or to court, or you can file a complaint with the ministry.

The fact that the law exists....it made it easy for me to go back. I do, however, have to have the work checked out.

Btw....I had all of the updates done when i did the EGR delete, if they could get at them. And the rest of it done with the head gaskets.

The truck is an '05 but with an '04 motor. Btw....i bought the truck in 2008 with 25,000 miles on it. It now has 102,000 miles. Not alot!!

It's unfortunate that there are shops than plan their retirement on these motors!!

BLADE35....thanks for all your input btw. and to all on this site!! This site is a valuable tool!!
You are in no way at fault for either visit, asking for a diagnosis and bid does not imply authorization to start repairs on the vehicle, and bringing it back to the same shop was the thing to do as they did not fix the problem and I would have done the same thing, however I would have refused payment the first time around as they were not authorized to start the repair and if necessary I would have gotten the law involved. Sorry it turned out the way it did for you, hopefully you can get your money back. I would be interested to know if they actually replaced the items they said they did.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Fulthrotl
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not at fault at all. They started on the truck before i had a chance to do anything. i went by to check on the estimate since a hadn't heard anything....they had it taken apart.
then, they could put it back together, and return it to you in
the condition that it was delivered.

the only charges you are liable for, are the ones you agreed to,
in writing, BEFORE THE WORK WAS DONE.

you paid for something you didn't authorize? why?

coming on here flaming those "bad" mechanics, and how they cheated
you... well, there is always two sides to anything.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM
spinto
Junior User
@Mustang 309....thanks for your support. We all need to be careful. Not sure the law would get involved at that pic. I would have to take them to court to resolve the issue. In the meantime they would be charging for storage of the truck, which would be another pic to argue!! having the truck removed from their control was a good thing for this situation.

Quick Reply: BAD diesel mechanics!!!