Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Postmaster

StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold
Can anybody help find my truck

I am a long time member on FTE and spent most of the past 5 years on the 6.4L forum. In Feb my truck was hit and called a total loss by the GEICO adjuster. I didn't believe then and I don't believe now that the truck should have been a total. I had a lot of after market money in it and it was set for a long haul.

The truck was auctioned on the IAA (insurance automobile auction, I think) site on May 20th. I joined their web site to try and track it but I can't get who the winning bidder was, which is what I want. I've tried running the vin in lots of different ways but nothing shows up after that auction. Truck should now have a "rebuildable" florida title but I think that can be cleaned somehow.

Truck is a DRW Crew Cab, White over gray with gray lariat interior. Deleted, but I kept the tuner. 77,200 or so miles. Truck was incorrectly listed as a gasser on their auction list.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GONE NOW:2008 DRW CC deleted and tuned. Bullet proofed motor and built transmission, totaled by a drunk old woman. I miss it. 2001 F250 4X4, loaded with stuff and a great truck but my big 5er was just too much to handle for her.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
I kept looking at it and kept thinking the exact same thing....

If I see or hear of it, I'll let you know.
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Posting Guru

bubbasz1 has a good reputation on FTE.bubbasz1 has a good reputation on FTE.bubbasz1 has a good reputation on FTE.
I'll keep my eyes open for it!!!!

2008 F250 KR 6.4, 2WD
1999 E250 5.4 High Top
1989 Thunderbird SC
1965 Olds 442 X2
Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Junior User

Booma is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's up? Missing your 6.4L even when driving your new 6.7L? Is that like checking up on an ex-girlfriend? Are you going to sock the new owner in the eye if he does her wrong?

Glad to see you're checking in on the forum. I'm a newbie to diesel and really appreciated the info and opinions you provided while reading a bunch of your posts. If you get a chance check in again from time to time to keep us straight.

Booma
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I miss my 6.4. I like the 6.7 but the 6.4 was much quicker off the line and had excellent low end pulling power. Exhaust braking was better too.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Postmaster

StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I miss it. But I also miss the 25K bucks I had to add to the pot to get the 6.7L. I'm really just very courious to see what happens to the truck. I believe it will be rebuilt for 10 grand or less and then sold. But maybe I'm wrong, and if so I'd like to know it. I still have some negoiating to do.

GONE NOW:2008 DRW CC deleted and tuned. Bullet proofed motor and built transmission, totaled by a drunk old woman. I miss it. 2001 F250 4X4, loaded with stuff and a great truck but my big 5er was just too much to handle for her.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Posting Guru

golfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant future
Here in the southeast it is no secret that most 'totaled' cars/trucks are either sent to Alabama or Tennessee, re-titled and sent back after they are repaired. It's easier to get a 'salvage' title in those states, but once it comes back into GA, it is not always titled as "salvaged".
2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ weighing in at 15k
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 AM