Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
New User

Tonyplane is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remote start system random fails to start.

I have the ford factory remote start system on my 2012 bought new F250 Lariat. (Great Truck!!!!)
The only "problem" I have had in about 35k miles is occasionally the remote start fails to activate. Has happened only about 6-10 times,but I use it almost every day.
The symptoms are: Use key pushes to activate and I hear an attempt them an "electrical whine". Use key push to STOP and whine stops. Try again with key push lock button to start and horn beeps once. Usually after starting with the key in the ignition switch the remote start system will again work. Sometimes it takes "recycling" the system by restarting more than once with with the key in the ignition.
I suspect I may have a relay somewhere in the system sticking, or a software "glitch" (glitch is a technical term for I don't know what the problem is).
(Really love the remote start for really cold or hot day)
Does anyone know what the problem is or have had similar experiences? It may be a random intermittent failure that can not be duplicated in the shop. (Hate those can not duplicate failures)
Old 07-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Junior User

Strokt350d is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Tony. Mine does the same thing. In 35k miles, it might of done it 6-7 times. My 08 F350 did it too though. Might just be some glitch. Who knows. If you wait like 10 seconds, and just hit it again, mine will usually go. I never looked into it, just accepted it I guess.

Your not alone.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:26 AM
New User

kerm7807 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't think it's a glitch guys. I think it's a low voltage situation and has to do with the battery. I have a 2012 and had the exact same issue, but then my battery completely failed one day. Bought the gold edition battery from advanced auto with 3 yr warranty that puts out a lot more CCA than factory and wow, I had no idea how weak my old battery was! I thought it was just a big engine and you get used to things over time. I changed my battery and have never had the issue again. Good luck and hope that helps.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8