Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Posting Guru

mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
shop recommendations

Hey guys I moved down to southern Nevada from slc probably till the end of the year. I am needing to replace my head gaskets and ball joints. Anyone know of a good shop or person who knows the 6.0 and does a good job? I don't want someone to just take the heads off and slap new gaskets in without checking the heads and block. Thanks guys.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:53 PM
New User

Shad034 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxer0022 View Post
Hey guys I moved down to southern Nevada from slc probably till the end of the year. I am needing to replace my head gaskets and ball joints. Anyone know of a good shop or person who knows the 6.0 and does a good job? I don't want someone to just take the heads off and slap new gaskets in without checking the heads and block. Thanks guys.

This might help. I had similar questions.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...esel-shop.html
Old 10-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Posting Guru

SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.SANDDEMON08 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Stay away from J & S Diesel of Las Vegas at all cost. I have been going there since Jimmy owned it and passed it to his son James. When Jimmy owned it was one of the best in town and had an excellent reputation. Since James took it over the customer service is horrible and the workman ship is sub-par. They have a F rateing with the BBB if you care to research . Unfortunately it is a shame that they are the only injector and injector pump rebuilding facility thats factory authorized in southern Nevada. There injection and pump shop facility is really setup nice.

They carry alliant power products which i would keep clear of a 6.0 or 6.4 diesel. They are cheaper and have a better warranty then the ford remans but they DO NOT stand behind there product. In one 6.0 i have, i purchased 8 injectors, i have since replaced all but two of the injectors i purchased from J & S which where alliant power injectors. All failures where a result of alliant reusing parts during the reman process that they shouldn't. Even with statements from alliant addressing these issues they only warranted 1 of 6 that failed. I finally replaced them with reman ford injectors and have not had an issue with any of them.

Anyways i saw this thread and wanted to make sure someone else did not have the poor experience i have had.
08 F350 CC FX4, 6.4 PSD,PMF 4.5" LIFT WITH TRACTION BARS,4.30 REAR,NAV,DASH DAQ,VOLANT INTAKE,SPEARCO INTERCOOLER,STAGE III WATER/METH,67 GAL TITAN TANK,EGR DELETE,ARP HEAD STUDS,72MM LP BILLET TURBO,RCD CONVERTER,FS-2500 BYPASS FILTER, AIR DOG II FUEL PUMP,CUSTOM CCV,MAG-HYTEC TRANS PAN AND DIFF COVER, CUSTOM HD TRANS COOLER, SEIC MOD,AMP STEPS
Old 10-26-2014, 06:06 PM