Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Elder User

eigenvector is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Transit Connect in lieu of pickup

Given that it's likely Ford won't be making a new Ranger and I'm getting nervous waiting, I'm wondering if anyone has a Transit Connect and uses it in that type of capacity.

I'm thinking along the lines of mounting side rails and hauling lumber/plywood/long skinny stuff that way. That's typically how I'll use the Ranger, and anything huge can sit in the back of the Transit like any van would haul it.

Does that type of arrangement work? I'm shying away from top rack simply because my back no longer allows too much overhead type work.
Kawasaki KLR650 (traded in), Honda CB550K3, Triumph Tiger 1050
Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Senior User

Van Diemen is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went from an F-350 to The Transit Connect 2.5 years ago. I'm a tile contractor and it fits my needs well. You get creative in finding space to store things. I have shelving down the left side holding all hand tools. And carry two saws regularly. I've hauled everything from 20 bags Portland cement, 40 3x5 sheets cement board, 2x4's, 8' drainage pipe, etc. I also have straps across the headliner that hold 2 surfboards.
I've carried 12' studs once and put them out the pass window. Also a few 4'x8' sheets of cementboard and bungied the rear doors around them.
I haven't seen anything in the way of side rails, but I bet they're out there.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Elder User

eigenvector is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks.

Been eyeballing this rig for a year or so. Something that will, in a pinch, take on the duties of a small pick-up, without being humongous.

Without trying to get on my soapbox, I just find the F-150 to be too large for my needs (and certainly too expensive). This seemed like a reasonable compromise, so long as I was able to haul long items.

And on a second note - the million dollar question seems to be the AWD version of it. I'm asking for a friend here who transports search and rescue dogs.
Kawasaki KLR650 (traded in), Honda CB550K3, Triumph Tiger 1050
Old 06-07-2014, 10:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect